my stash of unclaimed loot grows, and my patience wears thin

fruithead
fruithead Posts: 56
25179614426_a92876a96f_c.jpgScreenshot_2016-02-22-21-03-19 by Fruit Head, on Flickr

i have not opened anything or used any of my rewards in a good long while. why? i keep fantasizing there is going to be an event where the rates are up for a period of time. so i have been hoarding every crystal pvp prize, all those pve rewards i ground out, all my prizes........

IM SO IMPATIENT DAMMIT
what to do..........

Comments

• raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    Are you sure this isn't a "hey guys look how many packs and runes I saved up!" post? icon_razz.gif

You should just hold on to them if you expect new cards or an event in the future. (I'm sure there will be)

The only time I would suggest not holding on to them, is if there's a card you're missing that you think would significantly speed up one of your most used decks.

I personally am saving up crystals, but using the fat packs I win because there's a couple cards I'm after. If they do in fact add new cards, it will make getting those cards I'm missing now harder to get because there will be a larger pool of cards to draw from.
  • No its not a brag post, more of a "hey guys do you think I'm crazy for thinking there will be a rate up event" and "should I just open these now" post. I even have another fatpack in 2 days, I missed a few days on Feb so I did not get the FP reward yet

You make a great point about the missing cards being harder to get. Eh. The only cards I'm missing are a bunch of rares and mythic, I'm 99%sure I got all missing Commons and uncommon from my epic pre 1.3.1 rune pack spree. Since I only need rares and mythic I figure I should wait if there is a real possibility of such an event.

But I really want colossus, thopter network, hangar back, and all the rest of my missing mythic and rares. i know they ain't great but I still want them to toy with.

And i want the them noooooooowwwwww. icon_cry.gif

Ugh. So torn.
  • Personally, I'd open them now before the Fat Pack drop percentages get fixed to be inline with all the other packs. And besides, you know you want to anyway icon_lol.gif
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    fruithead wrote:
    No its not a brag post, more of a "hey guys do you think I'm crazy for thinking there will be a rate up event" and "should I just open these now" post. I even have another fatpack in 2 days, I missed a few days on Feb so I did not get the FP reward yet

You make a great point about the missing cards being harder to get. Eh. The only cards I'm missing are a bunch of rares and mythic, I'm 99%sure I got all missing Commons and uncommon from my epic pre 1.3.1 rune pack spree. Since I only need rares and mythic I figure I should wait if there is a real possibility of such an event.

But I really want colossus, thopter network, hangar back, and all the rest of my missing mythic and rares. i know they ain't great but I still want them to toy with.

And i want the them noooooooowwwwww. icon_cry.gif

Ugh. So torn.

There are:
    24 Mythics
    49 Rares
    89 Uncommons
    84 Commons

There's no guarantee that any "bonus chance" packs will ever happen and even if they do, the packs you are currently hoarding will have the increased chance. Currently the booster packs are all clearly marked as "Origins" but they'll probably release a new booster pack for the Battle for Zendikar expansion. In MPQ they had "bonus chance" tokens and they were completely separate from the normal tokens.
  • Raidan already said what I thought.

But...
    Nonetheless I would advice anybodY to always spend any crystal you got as soon as possible and open that packs. And the only reason for giving that kind of advice is that I don't want to look at such screenshots anymore...

And since I already started giving that kind of advice. Everybody should always aim for rank 7 to 15 in quick battle and if you play Nissa you should always play with reclaim in your deck, it's totally hard to play against it because ai handles it so well.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Currently the booster packs are all clearly marked as "Origins" but they'll probably release a new booster pack for the Battle for Zendikar expansion. In MPQ they had "bonus chance" tokens and they were completely separate from the normal tokens.

Sure, and there will be future story mode expansions to earn more mana. A pre-1.3 bug on the story screen once showed me Innistrad as a new (but un-tappable) story option. I realize it's slower coming since it's only available at the third tier now, but it's still something.

fruithead, you can easily at least splurge on a big box or a couple of fat packs and likely not miss out on any new features like PWs in the future icon_e_smile.gif
  • raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    There might also be a chance that any unclaimed packs of cards have been snapshot at the time you earned them.

If that's the case, if there was a event that increased rare/mythic drop rate, there is no guarantee that the stockpiled packs you've saved would receive that increased rate.

Honestly I would open the packs and save the crystals. You might get some cards that help you win more competition, but at the very least it will help you start to finish your collection of cards.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meto5000 wrote:
    There's no guarantee that any "bonus chance" packs will ever happen and even if they do, the packs you are currently hoarding will [not likely] have the increased chance.
    I think that's what Meto5000 meant to say. I agree.
    raidan wrote:
    There might also be a chance that any unclaimed packs of cards have been snapshot at the time you earned them.
    raidan saying the same thing.
    raidan wrote:
    Honestly I would open the packs and save the crystals.
    I think this is the best advice.
  • Nerimos wrote:
    And since I already started giving that kind of advice. Everybody should always aim for rank 7 to 15 in quick battle and if you play Nissa you should always play with reclaim in your deck, it's totally hard to play against it because ai handles it so well.

I know it's off-topic, but what do you mean by that last part?
  • kore wrote:
    Nerimos wrote:

I know it's off-topic, but what do you mean by that last part?

Never mind. The whole post was me being sarcastic.

I just can't give serious advice to that kind of "problem". He might not be true to himself about it but in my opinion the whole "oh my god, I have so much stuff, pls help" is just a way to show off what one has.

And the thing about reclaim:
    It's just so easy to beat ai when reclaim is in the deck. Ai sorts the hand in a way that reclaim is last. Then after a cascade it fills the board with reinforced creatures and within a second reclaims them.
    In story mode reclaim might actually be helpful but in qb it's just helping everybody else.
  • Oh rofl. No need for the sarcasm, obviously I'm just as arrogant and praise hungry as the next guy (actually true haha) but I was also genuinely curious if the general consensus would be saving up is silly. Seems like pretty much everyone agrees there's not gonna be a real benefit to hoarding so I think I'm gonna wait till I get my Feb fp, and just open everything.
  • fruithead wrote:
    Oh rofl. No need for the sarcasm, obviously I'm just as arrogant and praise hungry as the next guy (actually true haha) but I was also genuinely curious if the general consensus would be saving up is silly. Seems like pretty much everyone agrees there's not gonna be a real benefit to hoarding so I think I'm gonna wait till I get my Feb fp, and just open everything.

And I don't have any problems admitting that I'm all jealous icon_e_biggrin.gif Wish you fun and luck on opening them then.
  • Nerimos wrote:
    fruithead wrote:
    Oh rofl. No need for the sarcasm, obviously I'm just as arrogant and praise hungry as the next guy (actually true haha) but I was also genuinely curious if the general consensus would be saving up is silly. Seems like pretty much everyone agrees there's not gonna be a real benefit to hoarding so I think I'm gonna wait till I get my Feb fp, and just open everything.

And I don't have any problems admitting that I'm all jealous icon_e_biggrin.gif Wish you fun and luck on opening them then.
    I'll make sure to keep track of my stats for leftists thread.
  • Meto5000 wrote:

There's no guarantee that any "bonus chance" packs will ever happen and even if they do, the packs you are currently hoarding will have the increased chance. Currently the booster packs are all clearly marked as "Origins" but they'll probably release a new booster pack for the Battle for Zendikar expansion. In MPQ they had "bonus chance" tokens and they were completely separate from the normal tokens.

uhhhhhhhhh......... how do you know the name of the cards that are getting released in the future? did i miss an announcement about this?

do you know when it might be released?
  • by Meto5000 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:31 am

"There are:
    24 Mythics
    49 Rares
    89 Uncommons
    84 Commons"

Meto5000, please do not give false information, if you don't know the correct. I am sitting here looking at my inventory with 92 uncommons and 89 commons. Where in the world is this information at so I can tell someone to update it.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    JonnyRo wrote:
    by Meto5000 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:31 am

"There are:
    24 Mythics
    49 Rares
    89 Uncommons
    84 Commons"

Meto5000, please do not give false information, if you don't know the correct. I am sitting here looking at my inventory with 92 uncommons and 89 commons. Where in the world is this information at so I can tell someone to update it.

It's from http://www.mtgpq.com/Home/AllCards*, brought to you by night_day. You can contact night_day here or on the contact form: http://www.mtgpq.com/Home/Contact

*Uncommon is missing Vastwood Gorger and Send to Sleep, and has Rabid Bloodsucker as Uncommon when it's Common, IIRC
  • Keegan wrote:
    JonnyRo wrote:

"There are:
    24 Mythics
    49 Rares
    89 Uncommons
    84 Commons"

It's from http://www.mtgpq.com/Home/AllCards*, brought to you by night_day. You can contact night_day here or on the contact form: http://www.mtgpq.com/Home/Contact

*Uncommon is missing Vastwood Gorger and Send to Sleep, and has Rabid Bloodsucker as Uncommon when it's Common, IIRC

Correct.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    JonnyRo wrote:

"There are:
    24 Mythics
    49 Rares
    89 Uncommons
    84 Commons"

You're full of ****.

There are 246 cards in the set and my numbers are 100% correct. The only way you have more uncommons/commons than my numbers above is if you are cheating or through a game glitch. Magic Origins has 252 non basic land cards, 5 of which are Planeswalkers that are not included in MtGPQ which brings the number of cards in the set to 247. Finally, there's a single card in paper Magic Origins that did not make it to MtGPQ despite being partially coded: Macabre Waltz (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=398494). The reason it didn't make it in likely has to do with the gruesome artwork.

Anyways, just wanted to say that before YOU give false information make sure you have your facts straight (or stop cheating - whatever I don't care).
  • Perhaps he double counted those cards that have two colors. Not sure though if there are commons with two colors.

Lets just all be friendly guys
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Meto5000 wrote:
    JonnyRo wrote:

"There are:
    24 Mythics
    49 Rares
    89 Uncommons
    84 Commons"

You're full of ****.

There are 246 cards in the set and my numbers are 100% correct. The only way you have more uncommons/commons than my numbers above is if you are cheating or through a game glitch. Magic Origins has 252 non basic land cards, 5 of which are Planeswalkers that are not included in MtGPQ which brings the number of cards in the set to 247. Finally, there's a single card in paper Magic Origins that did not make it to MtGPQ despite being partially coded: Macabre Waltz (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=398494). The reason it didn't make it in likely has to do with the gruesome artwork.

Anyways, just wanted to say that before YOU give false information make sure you have your facts straight (or stop cheating - whatever I don't care).

That is awesome info. I was just looking at this myself and was discounting the 5 planes walkers but forgot about the lands. Any idea what Nissa, Eastwood Seer does? I know she's a boss in chapter 2, but can't find the card. Thanks!