So the new DDQ...

Avarice13
Avarice13 Posts: 38
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So it looks like I need a new team for big enchilada. Those stupid symbiotes are nasty and ate my guys for lunch before I could even build a decent amount of AP.

So who is everyone using now for this node?

My old team was Beast, Gamora and Falcon. Was fun to use gamoras black or beasts blue and buff the living **** out of special tiles with falcon but with the symbiotes it doesn't quite work... I'll take an ultron on round one over these jerks.

Comments

• AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2016
    Mr Fantastic, 3* Bullseye and 3* Daken

3* Bullseye floods board with strike tiles, Mr Fantastic tanks, also his Black + a ton of strike tiles does a nice chunk of match damage, he also heals anytime the AI matches a strike tile which is pretty much all the time and Daken, umm he's just there to put up more tiles I guess and to set up Bullseye's purple

Blade instead of Mr Fantastic works as well, lots of strike tiles in no time
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Avarice13 wrote:
    So it looks like I need a new team for big enchilada. Those stupid symbiotes are nasty and ate my guys for lunch before I could even build a decent amount of AP.

So who is everyone using now for this node?

My old team was Beast, Gamora and Falcon. Was fun to use gamoras black or beasts blue and buff the living **** out of special tiles with falcon but with the symbiotes it doesn't quite work... I'll take an ultron on round one over these jerks.

Hood/2Storm/2Mags was my go to team for about five months in TBE. Brought them out of retirement and they crushed it just like the old days.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    She Hulk/Kamala/Black Panther has been my goto 3* team forever in the Big Enchalada.

BP can get strike tiles down early and everyone has an AoE attack. She Hulk can flip all of the new, nasty tiles. KK can heal. A little of this, a little of that. It's a phenomenal wave node team.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Early in my 3* transition, I used to run KK/Punisher/Iron Fist, but later switched over to LCap/GSBW/SW while waves 1 and 3 were still reliably goon nodes. It's still effective, although I can't walk away completely untouched like I used to.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I use Black Panther/ Lcap/ IF, hasn't failed me yet
  • Buret0
    edited February 2016
    This is the team I used from the time I had a usable Hood until the time I had a usable 4*:

2s9rmep.png

If you don't have a working Hood, I used Bullseye in the days before I had Hood's blue DA covers (and before Bullseye ever got a third ability).

Hood is much better though because of the passive AP gain slowing down the goons and draining the AP they don't generate) and because he can use intimidation to instantly trigger Mags' Red CD tile for AP generation and damage (though his CD loves to hug the walls).

As you can see from the screenshot from today's DDQ, the team still works very well.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Let me start off first by saying DDQ will be getting changed starting tomorrow. You can see the announcement from David on the forums. With that being said, I've stuck with my old team of Blade, Hulk, and 3* Cap. I haven't dropped a match yet. Depending on the board, either Blade or Cap is going to come through. I experience some frustration with Cap since I often hide his blue and red countdown tiles in corner and the @#$%^& Ultron bots often blow them up. Besides that, it's not smooth sailing, but it's a winnable combo.
  • Buret0
    edited February 2016
    rawfsu wrote:
    Let me start off first by saying DDQ will be getting changed starting tomorrow. You can see the announcement from David on the forums. With that being said, I've stuck with my old team of Blade, Hulk, and 3* Cap. I haven't dropped a match yet. Depending on the board, either Blade or Cap is going to come through. I experience some frustration with Cap since I often hide his blue and red countdown tiles in corner and the @#$%^& Ultron bots often blow them up. Besides that, it's not smooth sailing, but it's a winnable combo.

I think they've heard us and are making the appropriate changes.
    Let me just say that we have heard your complaints and that we think we understand what the words you are using mean. As such we have made some changes.

First round tomorrow will be Tetris Ultron, Scarlet Witch, and Loki.
    Second round will be Thing, 4Pool, and Galactus.
    Third Round will be IM40, Hood, and a Muscle.
    Final Round will be Goddess, Carnage, and Hulkbuster.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    oml/lcap/switch never fails
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I run BP, Thor, Falcon. The symbiotes may force me to change, though. Seriously considering one of the special tile killers like Doc Ock or something on symbiote-heavy days.
  • I used to run, at 94s, LCap, Hood, and MN!Mags. It was really just about setting up LCap stuns to last forever, get a ton of protect tiles out, and have Hood steal AP. Take out two goons, then either slowly stunlock them, making sure they use up all their AP before the next wave starts, or have enough AP myself to have 3+ shields out at one time, constantly looping between them.

Polarity Shift was there to give me more blue and red as needed, Intimidation for when I need my shields back faster, and Twin Pistols for finishing off.

It was a slow team, but it never lost in the old TBE.

Then I switched to LCap, Bullseye, and Cage. At 94, with only 3 in Contract Killer, it was still pretty darn deadly. Only died when I used Hood instead of Cage, and I realize that Cage's defense was more important then Hood's steals in a much faster paced match.

Since then, I've Champed' em all and they've yet to let me down.
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    I've been using Blade/3* Cap/Falcon for ages. Cap's shields are super useful, Blade has great recurring damage if you get his purple out with a lot of strike tiles, and Falcon is there mostly to help with countdowns on the first round and buff strike tiles.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lazy Daken, Bullseye, Falcon is a great bulldozer team - you just have to be careful to let Bullseye take the kill. By wave 3 you should be doing 3,000+ damage per match 3, and you'll likely have enough blue to chemically pick off anything tricky in wave 4 before they get a chance to make a move.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    LCap, Cyclops, and KK, all champed, are my BE team. It takes a very bad board, or a significant mistake on my part, for them to lose.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I've always used blade, 3*Daken and LThor. Chase yellow/black/purple, and try not to match red. It never takes more than 5 minutes. The only time it can close to bad is if a Muscle gets off a Threaten. Other than that it's usually smooth sailing.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    3-star Bullseye is super fun in DDQ. Nothing like wrapping up the final couple rounds with 3K worth of strikes on the board.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I have consistently used IF, Cage and CMags for a looooong time. I don't think I've ever lost with this combo, though at times one of them will eat some damage (usually IF). I like this team because there's Cage's protect tile, IF's strike tile, IF's battery for Cage's black, Magneto's shake-up ability with red and blue, Cage's awesome yellow nuke, cheap abilities that all 3 could fire off to finish a wave, I could go on and on.

Usually by the last wave I have enough yellow to use righteous uppercut, enough blue for Magnetized Projectiles (usually 2x), enough purple for IF's purple nuke (at least 2x), and enough black for several go-rounds of jab-jab-cross. It's rare that the last wave even gets to make a move with this team.

When I feel like changing it up, I'll use Blade, Cyclops and Falcon. Cyke is the only one with a nuke, but sometimes that doesn't matter after Blade and Falcon have had several waves to do their work (looking at 2-4k damage per turn).

Looking at your roster, you might want to try Blade/
    Falcon with either Thor or She Hulk. If you use Thor with that combo, you'll have a great incentive to build up yellow (strengthen Blade's strike and attack tiles, build up to Thors yellow, which will lead to his green). Also, if you get Blade's black power out early, the AP steal will really help.
  • tdtmf
    tdtmf Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I must be weird. I have always played with 3* Cap, 4* Wolverine & Nick Fury. once you get the 11 red & 12 blue, cap does all the work. Add in black for Wolverine and Yellow for Fury, I usually make it through easily. I will admit to losing once with the recent changes though. Overall, I like the challenge.
  • I've used Lthor, XF wolverine and Fist forever. They're definitely rising more damage now but I haven't wiped yet. I do a lot of punching and often don't use SS until the last guy is left. Lots of LThor Green and punching.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinnygecko wrote:
    I have consistently used IF, Cage and CMags for a looooong time. I don't think I've ever lost with this combo, though at times one of them will eat some damage (usually IF). I like this team because there's Cage's protect tile, IF's strike tile, IF's battery for Cage's black, Magneto's shake-up ability with red and blue, Cage's awesome yellow nuke, cheap abilities that all 3 could fire off to finish a wave, I could go on and on.

This is basically my team, replacing 3-star Magneto with 3-star Cap. It's no mistake that Luke Cage and Iron Fist were designed to pair with one another, having no color overlap, Luke Cage's auto-generated protect tile, and Iron Fist's auto-generated attack tile, Iron Fist's purpleflag.png serving as a battery for Luke Cage's blackflag.png until he has enough black that Iron Fist's purpleflag.png becomes a powerful/cheap attack. I'll build up my purple and black and then sit on the black, using the purple liberally to neutralize threats. I save the black for the last round, at which point it's usually maxed or nearly maxed and can take out two characters and maybe even stun the third. Any remaining purple gets used up first, of course. By round three or four you'll also have Luke Cage's yellowflag.png ready to go, which is usually an insta-kill on whomever you target. And then there's Cap, who also has no functional color overlap (I never use his yellowflag.png ), and I use his redflag.png and blueflag.png to put a stop to pesky goons while simultaneously eradicating their countdowns and/or other special tiles. After the first two rounds, I often barely get a scratch on me, assuming I have the AP and a rhythm going with Cap.

Before I had this team built up, I used to use Ares, 2-star Magneto, and X-Force Wolverine. Wolverine was relegated to his blackflag.png , which would typically kill its target while usually destroying all of the countdown tiles (they often appear on the goons' strongest color.) Magneto would be used for his blueflag.png board-wipe to get rid of countdowns and special tiles, and his purpleflag.png would be used to end rounds while keeping it on my turn, so the next set of enemies can't get attacks out, and creating rows of four to annihilate entire rows, aiming to take out countdowns when possible. Ares was my powerhouse. greenflag.png would get built up for a one-hit kill, and then I'd unload yellowflag.png as much as possible, until near-death, which also devastates enemies. I'd want him to be in front to absorb as much damage as possible prior to this final salvo as well, as you want him below his HP limit for his redflag.png ... because once he is, that unleashes hell. Have your red AP built up and you can decimate an entire round of enemies. I'd typically finish the final wave with Ares' attacks alone, before giving the enemy a chance to make a single match or use an ability.