Would you use CP for a 4* only token?

2»

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    A month ago I would have said no way. After a few dozen pulls with no 5*s, I'd be really tempted by a token that's going to give me what I'm going to get anyway, but at a lower price.

At what price? Realistically? 15cp would make it a hard decision. I don't think you can go to 10, that's too cheap. 5 days of hitting just the cp nodes in pve and you've got a 4* token.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    I used to not want any 5*, but now all I want is 5*. I think if there was a 4* only token, it should cost the same as the Classic. People that don't want to pull 5* shouldn't get a discount, in addition to not being able to pull them.

That makes no sense at all.

Pay £5 and you get this item! Or you could pay £5 and get the same item, but maybe a better one!

Why would you pay the same price for no benefit? The whole point of a 4* only token would be to aid in a faster expansion of a 4* roster. You'd get twice as many if they cost 10CP, for example.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    my legs are all 4*s
    or 2000 iso.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Yes. I have one redflag.pngicon_silversurfer.png and 2 maxed covered 4* Professer X level 166 and nick fury level 150. Other than that 10 championed 3* highest 176. Most of my 4's and very under covered. All unusable. At this point having more single covered 5's is useless as it will destroy my scaling. Until I can cover more 4's especially the prominent ones I would gladly buy a 4 only token. I use cp for the classics legendary tokens already. That's where I got surfer from.

RNGsus has not been kind to me and unless I can quickly get useable 5* (which is extremely unlikely) then I will gladly get 4* cover tokens.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    As far as RNGesus is concerned, my legendary tokens are now 4* only anyway. :p
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hell yes!

I'm still trying to break into 4* land so 5*'s aren't that high on my wanted list. I'm usually disappointed if I get a 5* as its an instant sell. A guaranteed 4* would be brilliant.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    I used to not want any 5*, but now all I want is 5*. I think if there was a 4* only token, it should cost the same as the Classic. People that don't want to pull 5* shouldn't get a discount, in addition to not being able to pull them.

Pay £5 and you get this item! Or you could pay £5 and get the same item, but maybe a better one!

Why would you pay the same price for no benefit? The whole point of a 4* only token would be to aid in a faster expansion of a 4* roster. You'd get twice as many if they cost 10CP, for example.

The benefit is that you won't pull a 5*, which a few people in this thread have said they do not want to do. That make enough sense? When I was wanting no 5*, I would've paid more CP for a token that was 4* only, b/c I did not want to pull a 5*. The benefit would be not pulling a 5*, which I would've paid a premium for.
  • I've had to sell several 5-star covers as a result of scaling, so I've also wished for a 4-star only token. More recently though, I thought a better idea would be the ability to sell 5-star covers for 20 CP. That would allow us to sell 5-star covers that are hurting us, and give us a shot at the 4-star covers we really want.
  • At this point probably not. I mainly need newer 4* (and X-Force yellow, for some reason). I really would prefer a 5* only token, though if they came out with both, I wouldn't complain.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    A 4* only token as an additional option would be welcome if it was at a reduced cost. 25 cp latest LT, 20 cp classic LT, maybe 10 for a 4* LT.

This way, the people who wanted to buy it have this option, and the people who want 5* can stick to the latest or classic tokens.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

The benefit is that you won't pull a 5*, which a few people in this thread have said they do not want to do. That make enough sense? When I was wanting no 5*, I would've paid more CP for a token that was 4* only, b/c I did not want to pull a 5*. The benefit would be not pulling a 5*, which I would've paid a premium for.

I understood just fine, it still makes no sense.
    You'd willingly pay more to get less? Even if you got a 5* you didn't want, you'd still get 2000 ISO from it.