Would you use CP for a 4* only token?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I had a thought today. Would you guys buy a token if the only draw was a 4* character, no 5*s at all?
And if so, what do you think would be a good price?

I got to thinking since D3 want to give you CP for most things rather than telling you which legendary token you can have, maybe if they made a, say, 10CP token that gave you a 4* token, would you go for it? I'd enjoy getting five 4*s with my 50CP than two with the current system, definitely.

What do you guys think?

Edited to include a poll. Dunno why I didn't in the first place ¬¬
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'd definitely buy a 4* only token. All but two specific covers (IW Green and XFW Yellow) are usable for me. And I'm not in 4* land yet, so getting to 5* land any time soon is a pipe dream.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, my game was screwed when I drew a black SS. I fought it for weeks before dumping him. My game is fun now, challenging but better than walls of 4 stars. I feel sorry sometimes for people who pop up in the vet bracket without even a level 70 2 star because they drew a 5 star or two. If that was the case when I started this game I'd have moved on to something else.

Now I have LT's and CP just sitting there because I'm not opening them again until I get 20 max three stars. So maybe in 6 months.....
  • honestly, no. this is a game of 5 stars now and with the volume of four stars building a viable 4* from tokens is a fools errand. better to get 5 or 6 of a 5* than worrying about getting 12 or 13 of a 4*.

id rather keep buying the current tokens and let the 4*s backfill when i miss hitting 5*s. also champing 3*s will net a huge influx of 4*s when they start hitting 183.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    A 4* only token would be interesting if they did some weekly buffs such as newest 4*, current essential and next essential having a boosted draw rate of say 10% and people were able to save their points for a week that was more useful for their roster.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No.

I would, however, spend 150 CP for a 5* only token.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Bowgentle wrote:
    No.

I would, however, spend 150 CP for a 5* only token.

Considering that a direct buy of a 5* costs 720 CPs currently, I guess you'll be waiting a while for that to happen. icon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    A month ago I would have but after pulling two 5*'s the day they introduced the 20 CP token and two more since then there's no point anymore. I've got three legendaries rostered to make my game hardmode all day every day so there's no point in holding back anymore.

Hopefully the scaling/matchmaking test goes well and my game can get back to fun mode. I will say that even though the game is stupid hard I can still get to the 25 CP reward in PvE events. PvP on the other hand is no longer an option for me.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. It's a 5* world, even though I'm woefully under-pulling them you have to try; 4*'s are a dead-end eventually.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely not! I would however spend command points on a 5* only legendary token, sort of what they should have been in the first place.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    Absolutely not! I would however spend command points on a 5* only legendary token, sort of what they should have been in the first place.

I feel like we might get one of these once we have like, 10+ish 5*s in rotation.

And it'd be like, 100 CP.

It'd be rough.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Yes, 100%. My main reason for collecting CPs is to get 4*s anyway. I actively do not want to see 5*s pop up in them. I just picked up my first JG cover and would love to up the odds of seeing more.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

I feel like we might get one of these once we have like, 10+ish 5*s in rotation.

And it'd be like, 100 CP.

It'd be rough.

When 5* and Legendary tokens were announced I really thought they would be hard to obtain, non purchasable and contain only 5* characters and the only way to increase their abilities would be via earning tokens. Seems as though I really misunderstood the whole system.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Wait you mean the current CP tokens aren't 4* only? icon_lol.gif
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Now I have LT's and CP just sitting there because I'm not opening them again until I get 20 max three stars. So maybe in 6 months.....

The game completely changes when you can open your LT's like that. Its a massive roster infusion and lets you hit the next power tier running. But you need to really save your iso up to make it worth while.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I would in a second. I don't even mind if they keep the price at 20. I have no desire for a 5. Just want to keep building my 4* roster. Another way to do this would be to allow a one time reroll after getting a 5 that would give a random 4. That way nothing is lost and you get to decide whether you want a 5 or not.
  • Absolutely. I have 1 5 star.png and I don´t want any other (game is cooperating with this quite nicely as I got 3 5 star.png from around 80 legendaries and fortunately all 3 were SS) so I´d be quite happy if I could buy only 4 star.png let´s say for.....10 commandpoints.png .
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to not want any 5*, but now all I want is 5*. I think if there was a 4* only token, it should cost the same as the Classic. People that don't want to pull 5* shouldn't get a discount, in addition to not being able to pull them.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, if it were cheap enough (10 CP maybe?). The meta is 5*, and the power divide between haves and have nots is very noticeable. Intentionally skipping chances for 5*, considering the game relies so heavily upon RNG based progression, seems like a bad move. You need to take every chance you have to remain competitive, because buying covers you want directly is completely stupid due to the cost.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    HECK YES!!!!!

And many of us THOUGHT this was actually going to come to fruition, back in December, I think.

:+(
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    May want to make this a poll!