Almost every PVE will be a vault now

2»

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    lukewin wrote:

People do like vaults though, so I do see more people trying to buy them out if they get good ones, but 3 4* in a vault means that there probably won't be many good ones.

D3 Go luvs metrics and $$, and I think the data is showing that more players are spending $$$ on vaults than non-vaults. Hence the under-the-radar switch to vaults only. Personally, I have cleaned out a vault once (when champ when live), so I'm part of the problem. BLAME ME! icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Hmm.. I guess I could store my tokens so that eventually I have 80 event tokens to guarantee a 4* pick, but I don't have the patience. I already have been doing that for the two ddq vaults, and it's killing me inside to have so many unopened tokens.

Actually, this tactic might NOT work. Back when we had Venom Bomb for the first time and then a rerun, there was a SEPARATE store page for each token. So if you have a handful saved up for Hulk event, and then you get more tokens for another Hulk event in the feature, those tokens COULD remain SEPARATE.

I think the issue is WHAT characters are FEATURED (i.e. gets improved rate of draw). If the events use different essentials (as they seem to always do), then the tokens WILL be kept separate. This is a long way of saying that game devs are PREVENTING us from having 80 event tokens via hoarding. If you want to clean out a vault, you gotta pay for it. icon_twisted.gif
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I was also hoarding my tokens because I didn't have a lot of 3* (and 2*) champions, but I guess hoarded rokens can now be saved up until the same event is run again with a new character introduction? Could also be cashed in now, but might as well wait for a slightly higher chance at a new character.

Overall I quite like vaults, even though I only ever pulled one 4* out of any vault and that was with a 10 pack last week and got me (the ever awesome icon_e_wink.gif ) Mr. Fantastic... Still useful because 2nd cover for him, but there were 5 way more useful 4*'s in there. Ah well, next time...
  • puppychow wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Hmm.. I guess I could store my tokens so that eventually I have 80 event tokens to guarantee a 4* pick, but I don't have the patience. I already have been doing that for the two ddq vaults, and it's killing me inside to have so many unopened tokens.

Actually, this tactic might NOT work. Back when we had Venom Bomb for the first time and then a rerun, there was a SEPARATE store page for each token. So if you have a handful saved up for Hulk event, and then you get more tokens for another Hulk event in the feature, those tokens COULD remain SEPARATE.

I do think that was a special case for those two specific PVEs (and how they were like, one week after the other)

Tokens for other events replenish normally, so far. Venom: Heroic changed when it was rerun twice since then and all, based on personal experience.

So I think hoarding them until the next Hulk Vault that doesn't feature Invisible Woman is a decentish idea if you're patient.
  • puppychow wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

I think the issue is WHAT characters are FEATURED (i.e. gets improved rate of draw). If the events use different essentials (as they seem to always do), then the tokens WILL be kept separate. This is a long way of saying that game devs are PREVENTING us from having 80 event tokens via hoarding. If you want to clean out a vault, you gotta pay for it. icon_twisted.gif

The reason for two different venom bombs was the fact that the first featured increased draw rates on a new release 4*, and the second was a standard PVE event. Those second tokens rolled over into the most recent one just fine. Every other PVE event rolls over, so I would imagine that vaults will too.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:
    I do not see the change as contradictory to the doing away of the direct cover purchase via HP. This is basically another 40 pack, just more insight in what you are getting.

That being said, not a particularly good deal either. The PVP matchmaking and naughty or nice vaults had CP + 3k worth of HP in there...here if you want all three 4* and an LT you have to pay 9800*2! Bad deal.

last 40 pack i pulled i got 3 3 stars and 1 4 star for 10k... get a lot more 3 and 4s buying out a vault then 2 40 packs (at least for me)

not complaining just saying might just start buying them out
  • mpqr7 wrote:
    I love Deadpool tokens because they have a pretty high chance of granting health packs with an outside chance of getting something better. I'll happily take 5 health packs whenever I start getting low during a push, though. I can't imagine actually trying to save up 200+ tokens, especially since you're almost guaranteed to get a whole bunch of **** along with a relatively small amount of decent covers. I could see how it would be worthwhile if you really need the HP, though.
  • puppychow wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

People do like vaults though, so I do see more people trying to buy them out if they get good ones, but 3 4* in a vault means that there probably won't be many good ones.

D3 Go luvs metrics and $$, and I think the data is showing that more players are spending $$$ on vaults than non-vaults. Hence the under-the-radar switch to vaults only. Personally, I have cleaned out a vault once (when champ when live), so I'm part of the problem. BLAME ME! icon_lol.gif
    This is exactly right. I have cleaned out SEVERAL vaults, but never spend that kind of HP on random draw events.

When new characters show up in vaults it is the most effective way to get all three color covers, and enough covers to get them to a usable level quickly.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    When new characters show up in vaults it is the most effective way to get all three color covers, and enough covers to get them to a usable level quickly.
    Which is probably why they said they're not doing vaults in new character events.
  • simonsez
    Frasaria wrote:
    if you dont buy tokens and just open the ones you get from playing pve it doesnt matter much if they have a vault or not.
    It matters if your vault contains IW, SL and Elektra, and your alliance-mate's has Gwen, and two Novas.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Frasaria wrote:
    if you dont buy tokens and just open the ones you get from playing pve it doesnt matter much if they have a vault or not.
    It matters if your vault contains IW, SL and Elektra, and your alliance-mate's has Gwen, and two Novas.

Then open them post-event, and get a reset every time.

Or hoard them for a few months for the next go around for a better shot at the ones you want but that's true for every event token.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

The obvious benefit with a vault is that you can at least see what you might get and make a more informed decision on whether or not it is worth your while, shockingly it almost seems like we prefer less rng. icon_e_surprised.gif

Another reason that people might spend more on vaults is that unlike most event tokens the daily deal on a vault is 100hp rather than 200.
  • simonsez
    colwag wrote:
    Or hoard them for a few months for the next go around for a better shot at the ones you want but that's true for every event token.
    Come on, you could hoard them for a year and never see anything you want show up in the vault. At least when the tokens were (allegedly) being drawn from the entire slate of 4*, there was always (the illusion of) a chance of getting something you need.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd said this before that this should happen simply as a psychological thing.
    I've been more inclined to say "Oh go on then" and buy a 10-pack when I can see the prizes and know that the odds of getting said prize will increase the more I get.
    I've not had such bad luck from vaults before. It's also nice it's an 80 vault and not something really obnoxious.

Now maybe if they could ditch 100 prizes or so from DDQ...
  • simonsez
    Crowl wrote:
    The obvious benefit with a vault is that you can at least see what you might get and make a more informed decision on whether or not it is worth your while, shockingly it almost seems like we prefer less rng. icon_e_surprised.gif
    You're right, it's less rng if I'm assured that there is a 0% chance of getting a 4* I need. But whenever I'm **** that this game has too much rng-based progression, this isn't the end result I was hoping for...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    You're right, it's less rng if I'm assured that there is a 0% chance of getting a 4* I need. But whenever I'm **** that this game has too much rng-based progression, this isn't the end result I was hoping for...

Why is this worse? You start off with a 1 in 80 chance, which is a 1.25% chance. That's already marginally better than previous tokens and the probability increases with each extra token.

Sure, it's a slim chance still, but...it's a better slim chance?
    Better visual feedback too, IMO.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

Why is this worse? You start off with a 1 in 80 chance, which is a 1.25% chance. That's already marginally better than previous tokens and the probability increases with each extra token.

Sure, it's a slim chance still, but...it's a better slim chance?
    Better visual feedback too, IMO.

To be fair, that's less a 1.25% chance of getting what he wants, but .0125 x (Whatever % of 4*s he wants)

He could get the Token, and then just get the Invisible Woman with it he didn't want.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    It will limit the amount of 4* you can pull down to 3 and the LT, and the chances seem to be greatly reduced for the first few tokens. 1/80 is .0125, so you get 1.25% to pull anything in the vault, and that will grow. That seems less overall, since the regular token pages, all the 4* might've added up to more than 5%.

in 1 year + of playing, i think i've pulled 2 4* covers from event tokens. total. from every event. pvp and pve. i think 4 chances in 80 is probably enough.