Almost every PVE will be a vault now

mindsuckr
mindsuckr Posts: 154
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news-updated-02-18-16&f=vaults-in-story-events-02-18-2016

Weird that they would make such a large change and keep it to the support-news page. Enjoy good pull rates and tokens that are actually worth buying.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Wut? For realsies?? Why would they not shout this from the rooftops in every corner of every place information exists about this game?!?
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe they just like getting yelled at vs. getting praised. Bunch of sadists icon_lol.gif
  • woopie wrote:
    Maybe they just like getting yelled at vs. getting praised. Bunch of sadists icon_lol.gif

I think the word you are looking for is "masochist" icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Aethrwolf wrote:
    woopie wrote:

Have you been playing Big Enchilada lately? Sadists is the correct word. icon_lol.gif
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I'm guessing we'll get a post on the forum 2 days after it's implemented icon_lol.gif
  • mindsuckr wrote:
    Aethrwolf wrote:
    woopie wrote:

Have you been playing Big Enchilada lately? Sadists is the correct word. icon_lol.gif

Actually, I've been letting my son do it while I'm driving him to school. He's not a very good player and still beats it for me, but I've got a decent roster, too.

My wife had just gotten where her roster could consistently take on the big enchilada before the change, so I'm aware of the difficulties some people are having.

So really, the word we are looking for is sadomasochists. icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    mindsuckr wrote:
    https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news-updated-02-18-16&f=vaults-in-story-events-02-18-2016

Weird that they would make such a large change and keep it to the support-news page. Enjoy good pull rates and tokens that are actually worth buying.

This does not even add up i thought they did away with BUYING COVERS so you had something to work for this will allow Whales to gain levels a lot faster and cheaper.

i think they saw their Profits drying up and knew they had to do something to save their game before it went belly up..
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    edited February 2016
    I do not see the change as contradictory to the doing away of the direct cover purchase via HP. This is basically another 40 pack, just more insight in what you are getting.

That being said, not a particularly good deal either. The PVP matchmaking and naughty or nice vaults had CP + 3k worth of HP in there...here if you want all three 4* and an LT you have to pay 9800*2! Bad deal.
  • if you dont buy tokens and just open the ones you get from playing pve it doesnt matter much if they have a vault or not.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice! I love vaults.. this means I'll have to start playing pves more.. icon_neutral.gif

I buy the daily vault token and get top 300 to win a token there, plus a few tokens as progression rewards. Which is enough for me. If I have tons of extra hp available, then I'll buy a 10-pack. But I'm trying to keep around 5000 hp available for new roster slots plus shields.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Is this bad for hoarders? Do non DDQ vaults reset after every token post event?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will limit the amount of 4* you can pull down to 3 and the LT, and the chances seem to be greatly reduced for the first few tokens. 1/80 is .0125, so you get 1.25% to pull anything in the vault, and that will grow. That seems less overall, since the regular token pages, all the 4* might've added up to more than 5%.

People do like vaults though, so I do see more people trying to buy them out if they get good ones, but 3 4* in a vault means that there probably won't be many good ones.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Would be nice if they'd lower the cost to reset the vault or even offer a free reset per event. I would be more likely to buy a 10 or 40pk if that were the case.
  • mpqr7
    That's the genius of the vault. You may not be able to win a lot of 4*s, but the odds keep increasing, so even when you win a Moonstone, you're getting better and better odds!
  • Ruinate wrote:

DDQ vaults reset every token post-event too.

But if you want to be a REALLY long term hoarder you can get your X tokens per event, every time it comes around, and then wait to open them all if you're crazy like that.

Like, I can imagine getting 9ish tokens on a 7 day Hulk PVE. Go through the event 11 times, get to empty the Vault, guaranteed after like, 3 or 4 years?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I only seem to pull 2* from event tokens anyway, I'm not opposed to this. Although the last few vaults have not been kind to me in terms of offered 4*.
  • mpqr7
    Hmm.. I guess I could store my tokens so that eventually I have 80 event tokens to guarantee a 4* pick, but I don't have the patience. I already have been doing that for the two ddq vaults, and it's killing me inside to have so many unopened tokens.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

DDQ vaults reset every token post-event too.

But if you want to be a REALLY long term hoarder you can get your X tokens per event, every time it comes around, and then wait to open them all if you're crazy like that.

Like, I can imagine getting 9ish tokens on a 7 day Hulk PVE. Go through the event 11 times, get to empty the Vault, guaranteed after like, 3 or 4 years?

I'm not hoarding because I want to icon_e_sad.gif I just have NO champions ready but pretty much everyone is cover maxed. I'll start pulling when I have a few more 4* brought up to 270 or when OML gets pushed out. I don't care too much if the vaults do get reset after every token. Odds are **** regardless icon_razz.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoarding will now give you a big benefit if you wait until the next time an event runs, but will actually hurt you if you're waiting for new token odds to take effect in the next PvP season. Interesting.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Ruinate wrote:

Excellent point! I believe part of the reason for the change is to discourage hoarders like myself (holding 230-240 tacos currently). icon_e_confused.gificon_lol.gif