Gwen 40 packs pull rate.

KingDreadnaught
KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
Hi,

Recently I got few PMs about my Maxed Gwen, which pretty frustrated me from accusing I bought plenty of 40 packs to get her maxed.
I got all 5 covers from PVE and the rest from 40 packs of the Pve event one. So now we have PVP of Gwen, the Main Stage. I've record my pulls and I got a high amount of Gwen which very satisfied me. I wonder if others get a high amount of Gwen through her Pvp 40packs like me or what's your best streak? Let's share the info.

Here's the link for my 1x40 pack pull for Gwen Pvp event pack.

https://youtu.be/I33jnQ4ioqM

Enjoy,
C.

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats dude. Time for Demiurge to make everyone else's RNG as good as urs
  • KingDreadnaught
    kensterr wrote:

It's just epic pull. I'm impressed and wish everyone else get even higher than me. Normally I'd say we supposed to get 2 min. Don't you think?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    kensterr wrote:

might be difficult when the source code looks like this
    if(username=KDN){
    currentPackRandom = 0
    numberOf4Stars = 10
    legendaryRandom = 0
    }

else {
    currentPackRandom = 1
    numberOf4Stars = lookAtUserRoster(isSLIWCHulkTime(username))
    legendaryRandom = isUserWhale(isUserNoob(username))
    }

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • KingDreadnaught
    kensterr wrote:

might be difficult when the source code looks like this
    if(username=KDN){
    currentPackRandom = 0
    numberOf4Stars = 10
    legendaryRandom = 0
    }

else {
    currentPackRandom = 1
    numberOf4Stars = lookAtUserRoster(isSLIWCHulkTime(username))
    legendaryRandom = isUserWhale(isUserNoob(username))
    }

icon_e_biggrin.gif

LOL ... I take that as an honour...
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Post removed for violation of forum rules.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    LOL ... I take that as an honour...

All in good taste kdn icon_e_wink.gif
    kudos from me, it's nice when other people get great pulls.
    Just need my pulls to be a little better, i had a great run a few weeks ago but back to regular SL / IW stuff.

How does she play, looks very fun and the animations are all good.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I don't have the words to express just how damn jealous that made me.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing at all against KD, but why the **** do the devs even bother posting an odds chart, when clearly these odds aren't constant? It's not rational to believe that KD just happened to go 8 for 40, if the posted probability of pulling a Gwen were accurate. I don't doubt that over all pulls people got 4% Gwens (or whatever the number was), but that's a result of some pulls happening at a 2% rate and some pulls happening at a 20% rate, based on parameters we'll never know. If my 40 pack has a 10% chance of giving me 8 Gwens, and a 90% chance of giving me 1, telling me the overall pull rate is 4% is not useful info. The only thing it's useful for is inducing other people to buy 40 packs after seeing videos like this.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Great video and great luck, congrats!
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Nice pulls kdn.

If I pulled 8 4* from a 40 pack I'd probably buy 2 a month. If I could pull 8 of the same 4* I'd buy 2 every week lol.

Sadly I'm more likely to get 31 2*, 7 3* and 2 4* dupes..

Maybe I should post a video of my pulls, it's likely to terrify though. Like 14 event tokens all being 2* etc
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    My record was 12 4*s from an anniversary 40 pack, was quite amazing!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand why people keep complaining about KD. He chooses to spend his money the way he wants. He does not cheat the system, he does not hack the game, he supports it.
    KD congrats on the pulls and enjoy your Spider Gwen you deserve to have great pulls with how much you have supported the game.

I wish I could give you some data but I am a little short to spend on a 40 pack right.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure for every 40 pk that's resulted like this for KDN, there have been multiple ones that are nowhere near like this. I like knowing that there's a max roster out there that I can check the stats for and am glad he is supporting the game the way he is. I just watched the other video he uploaded on YouTube, and was just amazed watching a 5* roster take on another one.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Hi,

Recently I got few PMs about my Maxed Gwen, which pretty frustrated me from accusing I bought plenty of 40 packs to get her maxed.

I was one of the inquirers. the reason we're asking is that Gwen (and Nova) covers are no longer available via hp, and when a player can get a maxed 4* within like 2 days of the new covers being rewarded, many players do take notice. It would be a different story if it took you a week to max her, for example.

Just clarifying the reason many of us are curious, and I apologize if our questions are upsetting you. icon_redface.gif
  • People like OP are why New Character Releases are the only ones not turning into Vaults.

If this one was a Vault there'd only be a chance to get like, 2 or 3 Gwens before having yo buy a reset and that's laaaaaame.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I like how you exit out to 21 command points from your alliance. : )
  • KingDreadnaught
    lukewin wrote:
    I'm pretty sure for every 40 pk that's resulted like this for KDN, there have been multiple ones that are nowhere near like this. I like knowing that there's a max roster out there that I can check the stats for and am glad he is supporting the game the way he is. I just watched the other video he uploaded on YouTube, and was just amazed watching a 5* roster take on another one.
    Thank you, Luke.
    That is actually the only thing I can do now as I hold the maxed Rosters for most of the characters. Please take a look at my roster for each character you are looking forward to see their full stats. At least that's all I can help.

And ha! That video of me Fighting with my great friend, DJ was a test drive for Antman maxed as I rate him one of the best scaled 4* after maxed Champion.
    Glad you enjoy!

Cheers,
    C.
  • KingDreadnaught
    wymtime wrote:
    I don't understand why people keep complaining about KD. He chooses to spend his money the way he wants. He does not cheat the system, he does not hack the game, he supports it.
    KD congrats on the pulls and enjoy your Spider Gwen you deserve to have great pulls with how much you have supported the game.

I wish I could give you some data but I am a little short to spend on a 40 pack right.

Spend on what your roster need! Gwen is new and she is a great character, however, u need to pair her with some specific characters for most effective gameplay. My suggestion is Miles and BSS if you have them available to play. If not then it would be wiser to ignore this Pack and stick with Heroic one.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:

My 0/40 gwen pack agrees with this post.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing to do is to stop questioning KDN's luck and keep on questioning why the devs choose not to give you the same luck he enjoys. The odds are the same for everyone but somehow KDN has higher chances of getting those odds? This is imba!