New IM40

Norrin Radd
Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Update is out on iOS, and the new and improved iron man 40 works so well with 3 star cap that I think they need to cancel the upcoming Civil War movie.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    In 4* land, he's even more amazing with 4Thor/4Cyclops and Teen Jean/RHulk. Just choose which pair you like best or have the most covers.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Is he worth stopping all leveling on other 4 & 5*s to max him out and champion?
  • Norrin Radd
    Is he worth stopping all leveling on other 4 & 5*s to max him out and champion?

Probably not, depends on how close you are to maxing him out. If he is above 140 I would say it's worth it. Otherwise just focus on the 4 stars.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Update is out on iOS, and the new and improved iron man 40 works so well with 3 star cap that I think they need to cancel the upcoming Civil War movie.

I beg to differ:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39458&start=60#p482187
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39458&start=60#p482206
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39458&start=60#p482210
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39458&start=60#p482216
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I have one with 2 yellow covers and nothing else. I'm thinking of just taking him to five yellow covers and leaving him there.
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    I've been running him with 4Thor (I've dubbed this pair "Goddess-40") and SW (because my Teen Jean is not yet ready for prime time). Nothing but charged tiles and smoldering bodies as far as the eye can see.
  • Is he worth stopping all leveling on other 4 & 5*s to max him out and champion?

It may depend on what 4*s you have, but I'd honestly say "Yeah", if only because you'll probably max him out faster then you'd get all the yellow covered you'd need from drops, and his buffed recharge will totally help you out in 4*land.
  • Norrin Radd
    Buret0 wrote:

I beg to differ:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39458&start=60#p482187
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39458&start=60#p482206
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39458&start=60#p482210
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39458&start=60#p482216

Haha! Touché
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I've never blown thru lightning rounds so fast. Cap/punisher/m40, match 2 sets of yellow, babysit the cd's and when they go off and you win. I underestimated how powerful it was when they previewed it. Once you blow past the seed teams, swap cap for 4Thor. Good times.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    New Im40 is absolutely wicked !!!
    He is very good with red/blue users (preferably both, like 4thor).

Seriously, I like him very much now. (Same as quicksilver - no irony here.)
    Both very very good changes.
  • Rockabilly Zombie
    Rockabilly Zombie Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I used him with 3cap/scarlet witch and it was amazing
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Might have to raise him earlier than planned; this got me thinking that I really want to pair him with Iceman. "Freeze Ray!"
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    I was trying the new IM40 with Kingpin/Beast, and he's just fantastic now. I happened to have him on 5 yellowtile.png and never bothered to change him. He generates 12 redtile.png, 12 bluetile.png, 9 greentile.png, 3 purpletile.png at a cost of 6 yellowtile.png. That lets him work well with 4Thor, Carnage, Iceman, Kingpin, Nick Fury, Jean Grey, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, Daredevil, Human Torch, Iron Fist, Magneto, Psylocke, Ragnarok, Rocket&Groot, She-Hulk, Vision, Loki, and Patch.

His redtile.pngbluetile.png powers only drain yellowtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png now instead of all colors. Very likely, he'll be able to trigger his redtile.pngbluetile.png early in a match now. The drains now make it a more interesting strategic choice.

IM40 and She-Hulk + Carnage/ProfX has a new dynamic based on hypercharging She-Hulk.
    1. 6 yellowtile.png for Recharge. Eventually generate 12 redtile.png, 12 bluetile.png, 9 greentile.png, 3 purpletile.png
    2. Cast 6 greentile.png Furious Charge, 9 redtile.png Power Of Attorney, 9 bluetile.png Settlement

With that, there will be a lot of special tiles on the board, and the enemy will be damaged and drained. After trying it out several times, can confirm that IM40 + She-Hulk works very well.

Can confirm IM40 + Captain America is an incredible team.

Pairing him with 4Thor didn't go as well, but that was against an Iron Fist + Luke Cage + Beast team. Still won, but Beast died along the way.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    And I thought I was done leveling 3*'s

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPh0W1Xkh_QQG0Mgc1GxxX1aWVsQM1p4MmWEwbROEeBr9_OXbU
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Yep. I paired him with my newly Championed star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png, & they caused absolute devastation. Haven't figured out who the 3rd character to my team yet (require blacktile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.png abilities to cover all colours).
  • Fair warning, though:

He still ain't scary on PVP defense (unboosted, at least.)

Trying to hit 725 with him and LCap still led to a loooot of hits.

(The Loaner Doc Oct probably did not help)
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Marty17 wrote:
    Yep. I paired him with my newly Championed star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png, & they caused absolute devastation. Haven't figured out who the 3rd character to my team yet (require blacktile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.png abilities to cover all colours).

Sounds like Blade or Fist would be a fine choice (in 3* land anyway)
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Marty17 wrote:

I've been using icon_scarletwitch.png , but I can't argue with icon_ironfist.png or even icon_bullseye.png (though only in PvE). icon_blade.png and icon_loki.png fit the color scheme, but I prefer the characters with active green and purple powers, because Recharge doesn't generate black. I'll be switching to icon_jeangrey.png once I get her sufficiently covered and leveled.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    GTannen73 wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

I've been using icon_scarletwitch.png , but I can't argue with icon_ironfist.png or even icon_bullseye.png (though only in PvE). icon_blade.png and icon_loki.png fit the color scheme, but I prefer the characters with active green and purple powers, because Recharge doesn't generate black. I'll be switching to icon_jeangrey.png once I get her sufficiently covered and leveled.

In LR's I've been running Jean/GT - I pass on the opening match-four red for the match-three yellow, it's that good. Turn 2 IM-yellow, turn 4 GT blue/red/(sometimes another red)/Jean green. Pretty sick. Looking forward to trying it with Jean/Cyc soon.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    In LR's I've been running Jean/GT - I pass on the opening match-four red for the match-three yellow, it's that good. Turn 2 IM-yellow, turn 4 GT blue/red/(sometimes another red)/Jean green. Pretty sick. Looking forward to trying it with Jean/Cyc soon.

This is what I've been doing too. Cyc isn't an option for me because he's not maxed yet.