What's the incentive?

2»

Comments

• Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I'm a noob, with nothing to show except less developed 2* champs. I play PVE and always go for 25 CP reward. Anything else is just bonus. I have finished T20 twice, but mostly T100. Always put RL on top of any pixel, that's my motto.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    I don't have enough time to do nearly all the things i'd like to do in this game. My roster is max 3 star, but no good 4 star or 5 star tech to speak of, so the 25 cp progression reward requires too much time and effort to get for me.

Therefore, How I engage PVE comes down to minimum effort for max reward:

New 4 star releases = join at the beginning of the last sub for the last day to snipe covers, this gets me at minimum 1 for essential, usually 2, sometimes 3.

Every other PVE = join immediately, but only play each sub for the 2 CP from the essential node, and nearly last node. Thats it.
  • mrPuzzleQuester
    mrPuzzleQuester Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I was wondering if it is possible to reach the 25 cp top progression award if you're just hitting the nodes for the iso rewards and not playing optimally? I'd like to just hit all the nodes 7 times at once (or as close to 7 as possible in the case of harder nodes) since I don't have time to play every 8 hrs. I'm guessing some events I'll get there but others I won't but I'm curious if anyone else has been doing this since the elimination of 20 iso rewards.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree PvE awards should just all go progression based instead of by rank. Leave competitive ranking to PvP. Stretch out the progression rewards by putting another 3* cover before the 25CP and another one after and put the 4* cover really far at the end if you don't want many people to get it etc.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering if it is possible to reach the 25 cp top progression award if you're just hitting the nodes for the iso rewards and not playing optimally? I'd like to just hit all the nodes 7 times at once (or as close to 7 as possible in the case of harder nodes) since I don't have time to play every 8 hrs. I'm guessing some events I'll get there but others I won't but I'm curious if anyone else has been doing this since the elimination of 20 iso rewards.
    pretty sure if you drain every node of every reward for every sub, you'll hit progression. however, in the hearts of darkness pve all the pts are in the survival nodes and those only have 1 award, so if you only do those once, you'll never get there. I'd think for normal pves, draining all rewards = max progression
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards

No, I doubt in general it will work because you grind the nodes down without optimal scores. I mainly play PvE and I have found you are almost always required to make three full clears on each sub-event to get the 25 CP. There are some events you can get away with less and on most events you can usually skip a clear or two and still get it with grinding but 4 straight clears < 3 full clears at max points. Your timing of those straight clears could impact it somewhat if you waited towards the end of the sub-event but you will also experience higher scaling at that time too. Clears beyond the 4th straight are usually worth minimal points.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:

No, I doubt in general it will work because you grind the nodes down without optimal scores. I mainly play PvE and I have found you are almost always required to make three full clears on each sub-event to get the 25 CP. There are some events you can get away with less and on most events you can usually skip a clear or two and still get it with grinding but 4 straight clears < 3 full clears at max points. Your timing of those straight clears could impact it somewhat if you waited towards the end of the sub-event but you will also experience higher scaling at that time too. Clears beyond the 4th straight are usually worth minimal points.

If 3 full point clears is all it takes to get the 25CP, then 7 hits at any time should work fine.

If you did them all from the word go, that's: 1 + 5/6 + 4/6 + 3/6 + 2/6 + 1/6 = 3.5 x full points, which is more than 3 full point clears. Any time to allow the nodes to refresh even a little will boost that further.

As TXMoose said however, because Survivals have lot of points and only one set of rewards, unless you're willing to play those for no reward a bunch of times, then in this event (and any event with Waves) it's probably not enough. Generally it would be.
  • If you need more ISO and rewards I have many openings on my alliance, feel free to join "Frugal Force". You do not have to be a die hard player, just have fun.