3 out of 4?!? Really?

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow - you have opened 150 LTs after playing for 1 year.

Boy, I need to step it up... I have only opened 60 LTs and I am on day 580.
    Lol step what up? I'm on day 785, will be getting Thing Red on day 790. I have currently opened 39 Legendary tokens. Thirty-nine. Five of them have been 5*
    So you are above the average with a 12% pull rate for fivestars then. Be happy.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Wow - you have opened 150 LTs after playing for 1 year.

Boy, I need to step it up... I have only opened 60 LTs and I am on day 580.
    Lol step what up? I'm on day 785, will be getting Thing Red on day 790. I have currently opened 39 Legendary tokens. Thirty-nine. Five of them have been 5*
    So you are above the average with a 12% pull rate for fivestars then. Be happy.
    I don't recall myself complaining about my pull rate? The point of my post was to say that there's no pressure to chalk up LTs. One person has 150, the other has 39; that does not mean the latter needs to "step anything up". Play the game at your own time and leisure
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I've been getting KP, IW lately on my pulls. 0/20 on keepers right now. icon_e_confused.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Phoenix is 4/0/5 making it mostly useless for PVP. All I need is that one purple and I can level her and make you all cry.

I mean play nice.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    That's OK. Try having Kingpin, and only ever pulling purple covers. Seriously. I have pulled 9 KP in all, every single one purple.

Did finally get my first blue Ant-Man though today. That took forever.

The mythical blue antman cover!!! It is harder to spot than the Yeti!

After all this time I still have 2 blue covers, just 2 (he is at least one year old, I have opened a ton of tokens and around 140 LTs and I get all 1000 PvP rewards I need). I think I got one at 1000 in PvP (I think it has been just once there) and the other from a token, but It could be that both are from 1000 PvP I can't remember for sure. It is without a doubt the worst 4 cover. The only one that is close is the FalCap red cover, which has been also quite hard to get (I just have 3).

PS: And of course because of that my Ant man is just 5/2/5 :S :S :S
    I believe you got both blue Ant-Man covers from PVP 1000 progression... according to the 4-Star Rotation Spreadsheet, Ant-Man blue was the 1000 progression twice so far, once in his original PVP (ending 7/24/15, so he's not a year old yet) and again on Daredevil's PVP last month.

I can't always hit the 1000 (due to time, not having the right 3*s boosted, lack of 4*s, unwillingness to spend HP on shields, insert other excuse here) so mine is sitting at 5/0/5 and I've had to sell two purple covers so far. Ah well.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    RNG is working as intended. The poor draw rates help with making it easier to lose, which is intended.

But in all seriousness, I feel like there is some draw rate issue when pulling multiple at once. I never, ever, pull more than one LT at a time anymore. Since I've started doing that, I've gotten much more widely distributed cover pulls. Could just be confirmation bias though. This is not something I'm willing to test.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Another 'RNG sucks' post? yes we know, it is awful. Please D3 fix this. But personal bad luck being vented on this forum is not necessary as we all experience this.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've pulled 3 Hulkbuster covers out of my last 5 legendaries. At least it's a good character and he's already a champion so I'm getting something out of it. But man do those pulls seem to cluster a lot.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I had 40 CP. Two pulls, two Thing Green covers. And of course I have Thing 3/4/5, so it's literally the only cover for him I couldn't use.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    My hulkbuster is 5/3/1 after finally getting that much needed blue from the last galactus event. He is already kinda usable!

I'm floating on 30 CP and I'm seriously debating saving CP to buy him up exclusivly. Its crazy that it costs 120 CP per cover though!!!

I have 123, 4 star covers across every single character. Not a single one is cover maxed though. I could pull 6 more covers with the one blue alone of hulkbuster I could get instead (120cp). I'd also have a chance at a 5 star, but my luck has been terrible with them so far, i only have a single cover of each phoenix, OML, and silver surfer (surfer came from daily reward).

Just not sure on what to do. Is 1 Hulkbuster blue, which would still put me 3 covers away from being maxed be worth trading off 6 cover pulls for?
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    kalex716 wrote:
    My hulkbuster is 5/3/1 after finally getting that much needed blue from the last galactus event. He is already kinda usable!

I'm floating on 30 CP and I'm seriously debating saving CP to buy him up exclusivly. Its crazy that it costs 120 CP per cover though!!!

I have 123, 4 star covers across every single character. Not a single one is cover maxed though. I could pull 6 more covers with the one blue alone of hulkbuster I could get instead (120cp). I'd also have a chance at a 5 star, but my luck has been terrible with them so far, i only have a single cover of each phoenix, OML, and silver surfer (surfer came from daily reward).

Just not sure on what to do. Is 1 Hulkbuster blue, which would still put me 3 covers away from being maxed be worth trading off 6 cover pulls for?

I wouldn't buy the HB blue cover at this point if I were you. If I was set on buying an HB cover, it would be black, not blue. He would be immensely more usable at 5/5/1 than 5/3/3.

Again though, if I were you, I would not buy any cover at this point. Basically, the only one I thought about buying was the 13th cover for JG. Even then, I felt that the potential of pulling a 5* using 6 pulls was a better investment than one JG cover.

Add to that the fact that you can literally use any 4* cover, and I think it's a no-brainer to continue to continue to roll the dice and make 20 CP pulls.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I read this topic, pulled the last cp I needed for a legendary then promptly pulled a starlord yellow. Your post gave my luck AIDS! icon_mad.gif. The Skrulls are right about clusters I think.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    I read this topic, pulled the last cp I needed for a legendary then promptly pulled a starlord yellow. Your post gave my luck AIDS! icon_mad.gif. The Skrulls are right about clusters I think.

Thanks for taking the hit, I sure don't want to make a sequel..."Omfg 4 out of 5. Are you tinykitty kidding me?!?" icon_e_smile.gif
  • I've gotten 3 iceman on my lazy act and 2 on my main and a cyke yellow... still early 3* transition so cp is slow coming on both acts
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Has anyone opened 3 out of 4 that turn out to be 5star? I'm not even saying the same cover. The reason I ask is because there is a 3.3% odds to getting any 5 star cover, and only slightly better 3.6% odds to getting any 4 star cover. As there are less 5stars, it would mean that its more likely to pull any given 5star 3 out of 4 then it is to pull 3 yellow starlords out of 4 legendary pulls. We just don't ever hear of it. I don't think even he who must not be named has had such luck when I was talking to him about his characters. I hear 2 out of 5, 3-4 out of 10, but never 3 out of 4. Someone with math background should check on that. Im just saying, we always here that this is in the realm of possibility...but we never hear it happen the other way.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 wrote:
    Has anyone opened 3 out of 4 that turn out to be 5star? I'm not even saying the same cover. The reason I ask is because there is a 3.3% odds to getting any 5 star cover, and only slightly better 3.6% odds to getting any 4 star cover. As there are less 5stars, it would mean that its more likely to pull any given 5star 3 out of 4 then it is to pull 3 yellow starlords out of 4 legendary pulls. We just don't ever hear of it. I don't think even he who must not be named has had such luck when I was talking to him about his characters. I hear 2 out of 5, 3-4 out of 10, but never 3 out of 4. Someone with math background should check on that. Im just saying, we always here that this is in the realm of possibility...but we never hear it happen the other way.

I've pulled 3 5*s out of 4 LTs before, but they weren't all the same character. Guess they don't cluster that well in our favor.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Phoenix is 4/0/5 making it mostly useless for PVP. All I need is that one purple and I can level her and make you all cry.

I mean play nice.
    you phx purple must be hanging out with my OML yellow. another red today putting him at 2/-/5. he almost dies towards the end of the LR seeds every time I cover a yellow user with him. pretty sad. and that's with me limiting my ability usage. no way he lasts long in a real match where I'm actually casting abilities. 7-cover 5*s are supposed to be the bomb, right? icon_e_confused.gif
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I just opened another damn Elektra Black cover from the 4DDQ LT, and that's like the 3rd or 4th useless Elektra cover in my last 7 or so pulls, so I feel your pain.

I suppose it's oddly fitting that I'd get her after beating her with Prof X. But to quote Mr. Horse: "No sir, I don't like it."
    tumblr_mgkwi1oq2h1rbc2xwo1_500.gif
  • Story of my life. My current out of whack characters:

Starlord 2/3/- pulled the 3 yellow before any purple.
    Mr Fantastic 1/3/1 - pulled the 3 yellow before any other color
    4yclops 2/3/- once again, 3 yellow before the red covers
    Teen Jean 1/3/- yep, you guessed it.
    Kingpin -/3/1 same deal.

Insane. Drives me nuts.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Starlord yellow in my hulk vault, well played d3, well played icon_e_wink.gif