3 out of 4?!? Really?

thisone
thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Of my last 4 legendaries, 3 have been starlord yellow. One of the few 4* abilities I've maxed. I have yet to get a complete 4* (though my hulkbuster is soo close) and my 5* "draw rate" is like 3 in 150. Now I'm sure many will say it's just luck of the draw, but that's missing the point entirely. As others have said, many times it shouldn't be so tied down to luck.

There's nothing I can do to change my bad luck, and it's not like I haven't spent money on the game. More than I'm proud of, like oh so many of us. It's my 365th day tomorrow, but instead of being an important milestone I feel like the game is a millstone around my neck.

Yes this is a rant, and there's more important things in life. But sometimes you just gotta vent! I'll just end it by saying, that 4th token of the 4. It was cho blue... cho blue. I'll just go weep in the shower.. icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    been there, during a recent cp rain in my alliance I was able to spend 60cp to get 3 juicy tokens... The ONLY 4* abilities I have maxed is star Lord purple and fury purple...can you guess what I got?
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    That's OK. Try having Kingpin, and only ever pulling purple covers. Seriously. I have pulled 9 KP in all, every single one purple.

Did finally get my first blue Ant-Man though today. That took forever.
  • thisone
    Bottom of the curve club. Jager bombs on me!
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2016
    That's OK. Try having Kingpin, and only ever pulling purple covers. Seriously. I have pulled 9 KP in all, every single one purple.

My NINE total Mr. Fantastic Black covers that I've pulled (and he is currently 0 1 5) would make a great wingman for your Kingpin...
    To quote Edward R Rooney, Dean of Students = "NINE times..."

This was pretty much how I felt too:
    latest?cb=20111229200031
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SL/Elektra used to be my bane, pulled way more covers of those than I thought could be possible.

Recently, it's been tossing out Green Thing left and right while sitting at 2/4/5. Red DP and Green RHulk have been similar on characters I have yet to get 13 covers for, but have five in those.

Random covers really are a bummer. Wish you pulled "any color" now that you have the champion option anyway (you can respec, "right" colors first try not such a big deal), so as soon as you hit any 13 you are set to go.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor

Thought I was the only one! Okay, I haven't hit as many as you, but my own personal RNGsus is convinced Kingpin has but one color, and it is purple.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    My typical 4 star character is 1/1/1 or worse. The only exceptions are a 1/2/2 Hulkbuster (3 of those covers from Galactus), a 1/1/2 Cyclops and .... wait for it.....

a 5/0/0 Sam Wilson Captain America.

I don't even have any 13 cover 3 star characters yet( heck I only have Doom Pink, Hulk Green and Ragnarok Blue at 5 covers) but the RNG is already setting me up to turn 20 cp into 1000 ISO.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler

Thought I was the only one! Okay, I haven't hit as many as you, but my own personal RNGsus is convinced Kingpin has but one color, and it is purple.

I am in the same boat with kingpin but recently won his other colours and now another yellow from PVP.

I have been pretty lucky tho with pulls from tokens as i've only had to sell 4 covers in total I think from repeat 4*s
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's terrible. I have had a few unlucky runs of that. Got 4 purple Kingpins in a row (through a month) when my KP had already 4 Purple, 3 yellow and 1 black. I'm plenty sure I have opened 4-5 green Carnages since I got it to 5 a while ago, and yet, his red remains at 2. 3 /black/ icon_mad.gif Chulks (already had 2 and I'm not planning ever to go over 3). A thousand IWs and X-Forces... and in the meantime I have 2 Red Hulks and I earned both. icon_rolleyes.gif

I hadn't said it in a while, but yeah, the effect of luck on the high-end progression is terrible.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel ya. XFW green is the only 4* cover I have 5 of and I've drawn 3 from LTs.

icon_cry.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    Of my last 4 legendaries, 3 have been starlord yellow.
    There's nothing I can do to change my bad luck
    The chances of getting a triple in 4 pulls is around 1 in 2000. That sure is bad luck. Kinda makes you feel like your pulls were coming from an invisible vault with limited 4*s, rather than all 25 4*s having an equal chance of being drawn.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    but now u get a set of dino's for ur 1st year. mozle
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I've had a 5/2/5 XFW since pre-nerf. I've sold at least 8 yellow and green covers for him since then but can't get that Black cover. I have multiple 4* at 12 covers but can never seem to get that last cover color I need. Out of my last 3 LTs, one was a Yellow XFW, one was Y Thing (the only color I have maxed on him) and a Y 4hor cover, putting that to 5 and her to 12. My Sue is at 12 (maxed Y) and I've sold a number of those covers too.

It's pretty unreal.
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Wow - you have opened 150 LTs after playing for 1 year.

Boy, I need to step it up... I have only opened 60 LTs and I am on day 580.
    I started off really bad, by now have caught up to the 10% pull rate with 4 OMLs and 2 Phoenixes.

I have had my share of bad pulls too - pulled 2 4Thor red just 2 weeks ago back to back... like 1 day break between them. I already have her on 5/2/1 so it's instant 1k iso times 2. Yes it is annoying but you suck it up and move on.
    My other 4* with near max covers is XF on 2/5/5. (Have sold 2 dupe covers already)

So every time I open an LT and see XF or 4Thor, I hold my breath...
  • madsalad wrote:
    I've had a 5/2/5 XFW since pre-nerf. I've sold at least 8 yellow and green covers for him since then but can't get that Black cover. I have multiple 4* at 12 covers but can never seem to get that last cover color I need. Out of my last 3 LTs, one was a Yellow XFW, one was Y Thing (the only color I have maxed on him) and a Y 4hor cover, putting that to 5 and her to 12. My Sue is at 12 (maxed Y) and I've sold a number of those covers too.

It's pretty unreal.

I have a XFW black story too. I had a dozen yellow/green covers and was stuck at 4 black. Last DDQ XFW vs Cyclops, I couldn't beat Cyclops and the 5th black does double the damage over 4th black. I paid the 2500 HP for 5th black. The LT reward then gives me XFW black!

Even in 5* world, problems still happen. I've gotten a 6th oml yellow, but I have several 0's on the 5* characters.

Most of these problems could be addressed if covers were color agnostic.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a while I only got red X-force Deadpool covers. He was like 5/1/2 for a long while while I kept getting more and more red.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    For a while I only got red X-force Deadpool covers. He was like 5/1/2 for a long while while I kept getting more and more red.
    Mine was like 9/0/0 thanks to red being the T100, alliance, season reward, 1K reward, etc... all they were handing out were his red covers.
  • thisone
    simonsez wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    Of my last 4 legendaries, 3 have been starlord yellow.
    There's nothing I can do to change my bad luck
    The chances of getting a triple in 4 pulls is around 1 in 2000. That sure is bad luck. Kinda makes you feel like your pulls were coming from an invisible vault with limited 4*s, rather than all 25 4*s having an equal chance of being drawn.

Yeah, it is. It makes me wonder if there is a bruce willis to my mister glass, who pulls 3 iceman blue or 3 hulkbuster red out of 4 hah.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    thisone wrote:
    Of my last 4 legendaries, 3 have been starlord yellow. One of the few 4* abilities I've maxed. I have yet to get a complete 4* (though my hulkbuster is soo close) and my 5* "draw rate" is like 3 in 150. Now I'm sure many will say it's just luck of the draw, but that's missing the point entirely. As others have said, many times it shouldn't be so tied down to luck.

There's nothing I can do to change my bad luck, and it's not like I haven't spent money on the game. More than I'm proud of, like oh so many of us. It's my 365th day tomorrow, but instead of being an important milestone I feel like the game is a millstone around my neck.

Yes this is a rant, and there's more important things in life. But sometimes you just gotta vent! I'll just end it by saying, that 4th token of the 4. It was cho blue... cho blue. I'll just go weep in the shower.. icon_e_wink.gif

I feel you. I just pulled one today again making him the single most common pull for me (7 out of 52) followed by Invisible Woman with 5 pulls. For reference, I've pulled a total of 4 5*s in that same time...

some times the rng just hates you
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

Did finally get my first blue Ant-Man though today. That took forever.

The mythical blue antman cover!!! It is harder to spot than the Yeti!

After all this time I still have 2 blue covers, just 2 (he is at least one year old, I have opened a ton of tokens and around 140 LTs and I get all 1000 PvP rewards I need). I think I got one at 1000 in PvP (I think it has been just once there) and the other from a token, but It could be that both are from 1000 PvP I can't remember for sure. It is without a doubt the worst 4 cover. The only one that is close is the FalCap red cover, which has been also quite hard to get (I just have 3).

PS: And of course because of that my Ant man is just 5/2/5 :S :S :S