So sick of "random" AI mega cascades -_-

Options
2»

Comments

• wushu624
    Options
    I am a relative newcomer to this game, but the more I play, the better I get at predicting the AI's next move...in particular, when you see the game "hinting" at the next move for you, if you don't take that hint and leave that combo there, as long as the base board is minimally changed, you'll see the AI use that "hint" combo as the next move.

This suggests that the AI uses a predetermined set of hierarchical conditions to pick what's best on the viewable board. As I improve my play, I find that denying the AI cascades almost more important than generating optimal mana for my cards.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2016
    Options
    wushu624 wrote:
    I am a relative newcomer to this game, but the more I play, the better I get at predicting the AI's next move...in particular, when you see the game "hinting" at the next move for you, if you don't take that hint and leave that combo there, as long as the base board is minimally changed, you'll see the AI use that "hint" combo as the next move.

This suggests that the AI uses a predetermined set of hierarchical conditions to pick what's best on the viewable board. As I improve my play, I find that denying the AI cascades almost more important than generating optimal mana for my cards.

I can almost always predict the AI's move too. The choosing of a match-4 over a match-5 is baffling sometimes though I do see the strategic advantage if the row-explosion hits a support or creates enough randomness to result in a cascade; vertical row explosions are risky, but if there are multiple match-options available it weighs on my decision. I've never seen the AI take a match-3 over a match-4/5, though.

Also, is it truly AI or is it simply a complex decision matrix?

Anyway, I don't think is has any prescient knowledge of what gems will drop before it makes its match.
  • The suggestions of the ai for your move are lots of times really bad. But most of the time I only pay attention to them when I don't find any move at all in time.

But once it even suggested me to switch some tiles which would not even lead to a 3 match. I thought perhaps it just shows the colors wrong, so I tried to switch the suggested tiles but they just flipped back and the game waited for my move.

Weird stuff is happening sometimes in this game.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wow never saw the suggested move to do absolutely nothing
  • Nerimos wrote:
    The suggestions of the ai for your move are lots of times really bad. But most of the time I only pay attention to them when I don't find any move at all in time.

But once it even suggested me to switch some tiles which would not even lead to a 3 match. I thought perhaps it just shows the colors wrong, so I tried to switch the suggested tiles but they just flipped back and the game waited for my move.

Weird stuff is happening sometimes in this game.

See my response to your post in the Bugs forum.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=40368
  • AI is really simple.

It prioritizes 4 matches.
    Then it prioritizes killing your support.
    Then it prioritizes it's own color.
    Then it prioritizes your color.

With any ties it always picks top left priority over bottom right.

You can 100% predict the AI's matches every single time, and using this info can easily leave certain matches untouched to bait the AI into setting up a combo for you.
  • Mikeymike
    Options
    kore wrote:
    This is ridiculous; the AI is not cheating. My observation has been that the board starts equally in my favor compared to the AI. In fact, I'm surprised at some of the starting-boards it gives me when I can see a built-in cascade just waiting for me to pull that one gem. There is such an advantage to going first anyhow that I wonder how they could fairly implement true PvP.
    Yup, I totally agree. And in the rare instance that I don't have a cascade option handy, I can almost always color-block the opponent or leave the board in a state where you know they can't get multiple matches with what is present on board.