PX vs [Elektra]

Options
124»

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Makes me wonder who Mr Fantastic is going to face this time. If they switched this, surely they must be tinkering with that one.

My hope is Loki. The fact that he can flip MrF's protect tiles makes them pretty evenly matched in their inability to deal damage.
  • CubRob
    CubRob Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    150 - 1/3/5 and used boosts. It took 2 tries. First was a bad board, she matched my invis tile quickly and purple was no where to be found.

Second try, I got an invis tile out on the second turn, and in a great location. She never touched me again. After a long series of matches, she finally threw out Double-Double Cross and killed herself.

Got a icon_professorx.pngblueflag.png , so now he's 2/3/5 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not even going to try with my 0/0/3 lvl 106. Maybe I'll have more covers next time!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 0/1/0 Professor Xavier. Should I give it a try?

My One-Cover Wonder managed it after 4-5 tries (which took about a cumulative 90-120 minutes), though I did have to boost (+2 blue/purple, +2 all, +50% blue/purple) to speed up the game. (The longer the match lasts, the more chances for your Invisibility tile to be destroyed.)
  • royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options

My One-Cover Wonder managed it after 4-5 tries (which took about a cumulative 90-120 minutes), though I did have to boost (+2 blue/purple, +2 all, +50% blue/purple) to speed up the game. (The longer the match lasts, the more chances for your Invisibility tile to be destroyed.)

I've tried two times. First try gave me a bad board. Second try: Elektra was around 1K and I had 16 purple AP. I thought I got it but she matches my tile and there were no purple tiles left to put another Invisibility tile. Sigh.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/4/3 L110 won first try no boosts. Now even easier than last time. The only annoying thing about the fight is when Elektra casts her black as it prolongs the match so much. Once the AI gets enough purple to cast Double Double Cross its pretty much game over in 5 moves.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've tried two times. First try gave me a bad board. Second try: Elektra was around 1K and I had 16 purple AP. I thought I got it but she matches my tile and there were no purple tiles left to put another Invisibility tile. Sigh.

Yeah, I had that or something similar happen once I think. icon_e_sad.gif Keep at it as long as you have the boosts and health packs to spare, a pull on the Legendary slot machine is IMO worth it (unless you have a 5/5/3 XFW and you pull a yellow grumble grumble...).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it first try with 5/4/4 lvl 166 PX, no boosts, icon_x23.pngredflag.png (needed)!
  • Got it on my 2nd try with a level 90 2/1/0 Prof. X using +2 blurple, 5x crit and 100% match damage and 677 HP to spare.

LT gave me my first HB red (1/0/0).

Shadow step is so annoying >.>
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    It was very easy. Try to let Elektra get purple off once, those tiles you get will be huge soon.

Also: Elektra buff confirmed! icon_lol.gif

You are so right about the no doubt Elektra buff incoming - after they do Vision I wouldn't be surprised if they buff Elektra before her next DDQ as the enemy of PX.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    It was very easy. Try to let Elektra get purple off once, those tiles you get will be huge soon.

Also: Elektra buff confirmed! icon_lol.gif

You are so right about the no doubt Elektra buff incoming - after they do Vision I wouldn't be surprised if they buff Elektra before her next DDQ as the enemy of PX.

And then everybody starts to freak out about that matchup the week before it happens

And then it's PX vs Wolverine (Patch)
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/4/3, level 131 - first try

used +2 b/p, +50% dmg b/p, +40% dmg all, though i probably didn't need them once i got blind spot in a corner and she created strike tiles for me...
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm, my Prof. X is 3/0/3. There is a purple cover in my taco vault. I have a 121 saved tacos. What to do... What to do...
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    took me like 30 minutes, but my lvl 74 110 Prof X w/ 2+ purple and 2+ all boost really helps me go invisible. I mainly collect purple just in case Elektra defeats the invisible tile. Took me a while especially when she used shadow step.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I enjoyed this fight quite a bit. I have a 4/2/0 Level 147 Professor. I went in with +125% boost critical damage, and set out gathering purple and denying red and black. I lost about 1,000 health before I snagged enough purple to go invisible. Great timing too, as she cast ballet of death next turn. I cackled with glee when she also cast Double Double Cross. By the end of the match I had a 1,388 strength "donated" strike tile. I also scored one lucky drop-in-5-way-match, and I didn't see exactly what happened, but it "pinged" my one surviving, nicely buried strike tile five times in a row! That caused me to emit a rather wild giggle.

The token yielded a Yellow Miles - my first cover for him, so all in all 4* DDQ treated me nicely today! buff_new.pngbuff_normal.pngbuff_weekly.pngicon_razz.gifbuff_weekly.pngbuff_normal.pngbuff_new.png
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    first time got her down halfway

second match lasted about three turns...

got it third try

(plot twist: my px is 0/1/0 lol)
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I managed to win with only one purple cover (and 2 yellow which do nothing), but it took me 5 or 6 tries about 30minutes each.

Reward: purpleflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wasn't even going to try with my 0/2/0 but coming on here you folks gave me confidence. It only took 3 tries and I won!
    It was hard though, and I had <500 health at the end.

token_legendary.png = yellowflag.pngicon_nickfury.png meh