Hero Lightning Rounds Feb 25-27

Options

Comments

• Milkrain wrote:
    Waggon wrote:
    Agreed with lack of interest for competition. Only covers I need are BWGS greens and a single IM40 yellow. They really need to implement some "pick a cover" or even "pick a hero" tokens, otherwise I'll never be going for these rounds

I'd rather they didn't. I'm quite glad to hear that people like yourself that already have all the covers doesn't bother to enter as it allows the people that need the covers to have a better chance of acquiring them.

I agree - the more people who don't need the covers stay out of competition for the top of these events, the better chance those of us who need the tokens (I think, aside from like 6 covers, I need everything the tokens offer) have at getting something new.
  • Milkrain wrote:
    Waggon wrote:
    Agreed with lack of interest for competition. Only covers I need are BWGS greens and a single IM40 yellow. They really need to implement some "pick a cover" or even "pick a hero" tokens, otherwise I'll never be going for these rounds

I'd rather they didn't. I'm quite glad to hear that people like yourself that already have all the covers doesn't bother to enter as it allows the people that need the covers to have a better chance of acquiring them.

As someone who needs covers for Hulk, IM40, GSBW, but not for Patch, Punisher, or Spiderman (actually I wouldn't mind 2 to respec him), I really wish they'd change the rewards to match the schema of the Villain setup.
  • Placed top 8, FINALLY got a red hulk! So happy now.
  • I always thought the villian LRs are too generous and if anything it should be changed the other way around (villian LR give diabolical tokens instead). It's a good thing that LR does not encourage the guys who have maxed relevent characters who have a nearly insurmountable advantage there.

I have 4 out of the 6 heroes maxed, and only really need a particular cover out of the two heroes not maxed (GSBW green) so I don't have much interest in the hero LR, and I think that's a good thing because it really doesn't help for me to enter and take a courageous token and sell it for 25 HP.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was there a change in the PVP tanking rules. I won my last battle with a terrible team and yet have only been hit once.
  • Was there a change in the PVP tanking rules. I won my last battle with a terrible team and yet have only been hit once.

Depends on your MMR pool, the number of points you have at the time you put the tank team in, and people finding you. Keep in mind lightning rounds are unbracketed so there may be tons of teams instead of you in someone's fight stream.

Also the higher your point total before you tank, the larger the number of fights you'll get.
  • Any idea in what order are the heroes in the LR?

1. GSBW
    2. Hulk
    3. IM40

who will be next? Punisher, Patch or Spider?
  • Black Widow (GS)
    Hulk
    Iron Man (IM40)
    Punisher,
    Spiderman
    Wolverine (Patch)

The order is alphabetical.
  • Black Widow (GS)
    Hulk
    Iron Man (IM40)
    Punisher,
    Spiderman
    Wolverine (Patch)

The order is alphabetical.
    Much appreciated!

Dammit, Punisher at 2am... I'm not sure if I wanna try my luck and tomorrow at work be like a zombie...
  • If you forget, it's the order listed in the "event rules" section, or in the popup when the event starts.
  • Or in the first post icon_e_wink.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    Or in the first post icon_e_wink.gif

Heh, thought about pointing that out...but decided against snark for once.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dammit, got a yellow spidey from the courageous token and accidently hit train to make my spidey 5/4/4.
    Thank god they have a respec system in place now. That said, still have to wait for the nerf so might as well keep him like that til we see what happens to him.
  • I kind of like the token system, it makes every LR equally valuable. I suspect competition is more spread out tappropriatee villain ones. Guaranteed covers are nice for players of course, but probably not the best choice from a design view.

I've also had decent luck with courageous tokens so I may be biased. Finally finished off im40 from his event, appropriately enough.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    First time ever placed a top 25 in one of these, I can only do Spider-man rounds since all of my other buffed heroes lack covers. Hoped for any of Hulk, Spidey, GSBW, Patch, Punisher covers. Got a yellow IM40. Sigh. I will have to kick him out anyway if I earn Black Panther but not enough hero points for a new slot.
  • I noticed the hero upgrades are considerably weaker now. My Berserker Rage does 1300 damage normally and it's 1800 in LR, so looks like a 30-40% power increase? I understand why they did that, though I kind of miss being able to utterly obliterate non boosted heroes.
  • Patch Hero rounds are my favourite. I have a level 15 Patch that's 3/5/5 that I built with extra covers and never levelled. So it makes it much easier to put my tank team in when I can use him instead of the loaner icon_e_smile.gif
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Patch Hero rounds are my favourite. I have a level 15 Patch that's 3/5/5 that I built with extra covers and never levelled. So it makes it much easier to put my tank team in when I can use him instead of the loaner icon_e_smile.gif

I tried putting my tank team in and lost to yours the first time i tried. Got it done the second time thanks to cap's stun but was still close. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Thanos wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Patch Hero rounds are my favourite. I have a level 15 Patch that's 3/5/5 that I built with extra covers and never levelled. So it makes it much easier to put my tank team in when I can use him instead of the loaner icon_e_smile.gif

I tried putting my tank team in and lost to yours the first time i tried. Got it done the second time thanks to cap's stun but was still close. icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah the problem with my tank team is that if you kill the other two scrubs before Patch and he gets a red off, it likely does a bunch of damage.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    How much do u giys have to skip untill u can find a team u can beat with ur tankteam? o.o
    Lately I just cant find any v.v