Hero Lightning Rounds Feb 25-27

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Six heroes, 3 stars.

Hero lightning rounds are back.

Rewards are the same - Courageous tokens for 1-25 (varying amounts) Heroics for 25-50 and 50-100.

Black Widow Gray Suit is up first. Order I believe is:

Black Widow
Hulk
IM40
Punisher
Spider-Man
Wolverine (Patch)

Those 6 are boosted.

Good luck everyone.

Comments

• How to guarantee I won't do anything more than 4 matches - offer RNG rewards.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup, these are a dud for me, although nice for newer players. Only covers I'm missing are 1 green/purple GSBW, and 1 purple Spidey, which means that I'm not going to put in the time to grind these. Seed teams + tank ftw!
  • Agreed with lack of interest for competition. Only covers I need are BWGS greens and a single IM40 yellow. They really need to implement some "pick a cover" or even "pick a hero" tokens, otherwise I'll never be going for these rounds
  • Yup, these are a dud for me, although nice for newer players. Only covers I'm missing are 1 green/purple GSBW, and 1 purple Spidey, which means that I'm not going to put in the time to grind these. Seed teams + tank ftw!

Yep. When I'm not busy I might gun for a Courageous or two. Only 3* cover I'm missing from this set of characters is my 5th and final black hulk.

GSBW is 5/3/5, Spidey is 3/5/5 Pun is 3/5/5, Patch is 5/3/5, Hulk is 4/4/4 IM40 is 5/5/3.

That being said, these events are great for people without the 3* covers. Lots of chances to get lots of covers.
  • its just fun to play patch buffed + punisher buffed.

well, if mopping the floor with opponents is fun...
  • This is a great way to farm ISO and hopefully Spider-man covers so I'm prepared for the nerfageddon freak out and can properly respec him to whatever it is they do.

Also... seriously... Buffed Hulk, Patch and I don't care who the third is... good god that list is fun. Psychotic and unsustainable, but fun.
  • ****' pathetic.

I keep on skipping, only to move around same 3-4 enemies all the time, all with boosted heroes 120lvl+...

I will not skip any further, as paying for getting them again is just plain ****.

brilliant idea, dear Devs. brilliant.

WHY THE **** ARE WE PUNISHED FOR THE DEVELOPERS INCOMPETENCE?
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So after 3 skips, it starts charging me iso.

Can someone explain how this is fundamentally different from the skip tax?
  • Sidlon wrote:
    So after 3 skips, it starts charging me iso.

Can someone explain how this is fundamentally different from the skip tax?
    it's a nerf which is, according to Demiurge, called bonus.
  • So, when you skip three times. Put in a couple lvl 1s and the gimme character and lose. You'll lower your MMR a tad and be back to the +30 bonus. This is an easy gimmick to get around.
  • It actually seems like I'm having less success tanking because people aren't skipping around looking for my Bagman/Yelena team. Although perhaps the hits will simply occur more consistently throughout the whole round rather than in the 30 minutes after I get to 125-150.
  • So, when you skip three times. Put in a couple lvl 1s and the gimme character and lose. You'll lower your MMR a tad and be back to the +30 bonus. This is an easy gimmick to get around.

While you will lower your MMR and reset the bonus, won't you lose points this way?
  • Some yes, depends on your opponent as to how much.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    Skip tax sux for finding a team to get my tankteam in :/
  • b
    u
    l
    l
    s
    h
    i
    t
  • Skip bonus is great! If all you are doing is farming the bots t the beginning and then tanking like me lol.

Also, 1 not having to skip match makes up for 3 skip matches. Know what that means? You skip around and find 2 matches. Then you play both in a row. Your net is +20 avg out to +10 ISO than you would have before the update. That's all good as it keeps ppl to some extent from just hammering the same guy without some penalty for doing so. Now to stay at even or extra ISO you need to attack at least 2 ppl instead of one sorry sap. I dont see the issue here. Your net intake will likely still be positive or at least neutral compared to before unless you are really not skipping right or are stuck in a really weird mmr range where all but one guy are worth 15 points and one guy is worth decent (usually there are 2+ worth enough to warrant fighting). Of course, you even can still play pound the same guy..you just have to take an infinitesimal -10 ISO for that match.
  • Also, join early, leave two nodes with seed teams so you have something you can beat if you get to the skip penalty
  • I'm liking the victory bonus quite a bit. Those extra 30's add up quick, especially in LRs.

As long as they keep retaliations at -20 and under I'm perfectly fine with fighting whoever matchmaking pairs me up with.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I'm liking the victory bonus quite a bit. Those extra 30's add up quick, especially in LRs.

As long as they keep retaliations at -20 and under I'm perfectly fine with fighting whoever matchmaking pairs me up with.

Yeah, currently I'm way up on ISO with the victory bonuses. I suspect at the very very end of tournaments (or my run-ups), I'll skip a little bit more, but by that time, I'll have way more than enough ISO from the bonuses to make up for it.
  • Waggon wrote:
    Agreed with lack of interest for competition. Only covers I need are BWGS greens and a single IM40 yellow. They really need to implement some "pick a cover" or even "pick a hero" tokens, otherwise I'll never be going for these rounds

I'd rather they didn't. I'm quite glad to hear that people like yourself that already have all the covers doesn't bother to enter as it allows the people that need the covers to have a better chance of acquiring them.