RIP Mary Jane

2»

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Orion wrote:
    Exactly. Carnage + 2 Muscle with a limited roster earned a big old NOPE from me.

Mohawk, Punisher, Iceman. Keep Carnie stunned while you work on the goonies. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    Exactly. Carnage + 2 Muscle with a limited roster earned a big old NOPE from me.

Mohawk, Punisher, Iceman. Keep Carnie stunned while you work on the goonies. icon_mrgreen.gif
    unfortunately its an x22 essential icon_e_wink.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    Orion wrote:

unfortunately its an x22 essential icon_e_wink.gif

And my Iceman is terrible.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    To me it wasn't that bad. Admittedly it's still horrible to play. I just use icon_storm.png & try to fill the board (to mitigate icon_carnage.png dropping too many eattack.png tiles) with hailstorm. I do however hate how many countdown tiles the goon drops each turn. The animation becomes very annoying (feels it's very time consuming even though it barely takes more than 2secs).

The trio icon_carnage.pngicon_venom.pngicon_doctoroctopus.png I recall using icon_deadpool.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.png as well icon_storm.pngblacktile.png (granted I have to use boosts as a just in case situation) manage to end the match with >50% health each battle. Not bad with limited roster selection.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    After fighting hard to finally catch up to rescue Mary Jane the heroes found themselves surrounded by Carnage and a couple of Goons. After barely surviving the fight with the help of Grocket and his amazing heal. Carnage retreated and found himself paired up with a Goon and a Healer. Sorry Mary Jane. You were not meant to be rescued. Heroes retreat and see a better fight vs Deadpool.

Yup, my Heroic ended with 4K left on the table. Could NOT beat that X-23 node on the last sub. Not with the turd of a roster that was open for this event.

Unreal.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I relied on Spidey for that node, X-23 and I think Quicksilver was available then?

Focus on blue for spidey stuns and to charge quicksilver. If that failed then purple to get defense tiles and charge X-23's bomb.

Fortunately the AI was more concerned with matching blue and yellow than red.

Quicksilver's ability to move tiles around could get you that extra blue match and the save on either countdowns or strike tiles you needed to be rid of. And I don't think Carnage noticed when he went boom.

All 3 were significantly boosted which really helped.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Am I the only one who read this title and thought that maybe Amendment 64 got repealed?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I would have loved to have an Iceman with a freaking blue cover but my 2/0/4 bobby is only fit to take on the trivial nodes.

I'm not sure if these Carnage nodes are worse than the Carnage+Red Feeder nodes in the newer Venom stories. At least in that PVE, I can sacrifice my entire roster to the grinder.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Carnage with 2 goons is the most broken match in the game. Even if this was not caught in design, players have pointed this out repeatedly. Obviously, someone at MPQ thinks making a broken node is funny. Too bad there are no adults to do the right thing.
  • Iceman made it bearable - 2 blue matches and you take Carnage out of the battle for a while at least. If you can keep getting blue/purple you can keep him in check indefinitely.

It's rough on healthpacks, but I still managed to get all my CPs.

I thought the Carnage + symbiote goons node in the other Venom event was worse.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Times like this I'm very glad I spent HP on 4Clops covers before the switch. 20K Combined Forces = bye bye symbiote.

That's what I did a couple hours before the switch - bought two Cyc covers, pulled the last three I needed since then.

To bad I couldn't find the ISO to max him in time for his boost, so I've been not only passing over this node but most of the tough ones in this limited roster event.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i wiped 5 times in a row on the x23 node. gave up.

i got what i wanted from that event. moved on.
  • Black Widow Thor and Spiderman made the carnage and goony level doable. Also worked for the doom squad until it went way past my level.

All you had to do was stun Carnage before you popped off your powers. Black Widow is exhausted from all that constant espionage.