PVE: Deadpool vs MPQ (2016-02-11 to 2016-02-15)

Options
2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Inarius wrote:
    lol @ the icon_kingpin.png node with icon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_ultron.png being marked as easy icon_lol.gif

the 255 icon_hulk.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_devildino.png was easier. Thank god I downed icon_carnage.png in time before he got the chance to spam the board with his s**t and right before ock fired up his manipulation T-T
    Kingpin + Scarlet Witch makes any node easy. Just keep fingering!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Kingpin + Scarlet Witch makes any node easy. Just keep fingering!

Sure thing!

Wait, what are we talking about?
  • Matthew G
    Options
    I have been enjoying this event for the most part.

My teams have largely centered around SW because I've only got a 2/1/0 Kingpin so far.

The teams I've mainly utilized are:

SW, GSBW, Deadpool
    SW, GSBW, R&G
    SW, Dr. Doom, Black Panther
    Daken, R&G, 3* Wolverine

If you don't have an extensive 4* roster yet, there are still plenty of 3* teams that can be used to work through these events. The only problem I have with the event is the extra nodes. Typically a sub-event will only have 9 fights (3 basic, 3 that scale with your level, and 3 required character) but these have had 11 and it makes the grind longer which is a little bit annoying. Other then that, it's not bad at all.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Matthew G wrote:
    Typically a sub-event will only have 9 fights (3 basic, 3 that scale with your level, and 3 required character) but these have had 11 and it makes the grind longer which is a little bit annoying. Other then that, it's not bad at all.

Most events have a repeatable node on the main event board, and competitive play (especially in a new character release) requires hitting it every 8 hours along with the 9 sub-event nodes. So really this is just 1 extra. And that node is the price we pay for 48 hour subs, which are glorious, especially over a holiday weekend.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    Matthew G wrote:
    Typically a sub-event will only have 9 fights (3 basic, 3 that scale with your level, and 3 required character) but these have had 11 and it makes the grind longer which is a little bit annoying. Other then that, it's not bad at all.

Most events have a repeatable node on the main event board, and competitive play (especially in a new character release) requires hitting it every 8 hours along with the 9 sub-event nodes. So really this is just 1 extra. And that node is the price we pay for 48 hour subs, which are glorious, especially over a holiday weekend.
    Yeah, but until the event ends you only need to hit the main map node every 8 hours. With the node in the sub itself, you need to include it in the final grind to maximize points.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    with scaling kicking in, not looking forward to tonight's grind - tacos already running low from Saturday's grind+pvp. and I'm doing just well enough that finishing 21st again is definitely in play again for me. would be the third time if it happens again.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    with scaling kicking in, not looking forward to tonight's grind - tacos already running low from Saturday's grind+pvp. and I'm doing just well enough that finishing 21st again is definitely in play again for me. would be the third time if it happens again.

Agree on the scaling. While it is nice to not have to grind every night, the scaling gets brutal on these 48 hour subs.