PVE: Deadpool vs MPQ (2016-02-11 to 2016-02-15)

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,332 Chairperson of the Boards
Weekly powered up for 4 star.png has doubled from 2 to 4. Happy Hunting!

Event Info
Deadpool vs MPQ
Length of Event: 4 days
Sub-Events? Yes; Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? Yes
Number of Sub-Events: 2 Length of Sub-Events: 48 hours
Unique Reward(s): 50 Hero Points; 2500 ISO - The final node in the first sub-event will award 50 Hero Points. The final node in the second sub-event will award 2500 ISO.
Other Notes:
  • Sub-Event 1: Deadpool vs. Heroes; Sub-Event 2: Deadpool vs. Villains
  • Enemy types vary from event to event and are drawn from the entire roster of characters.
Link to mags1587 PVE Format Guide

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_kingpin.png (Essential)
icon_spidergwen.png (new)
icon_nova.png (new)
icon_venom.png
icon_mrfantastic.png
icon_redhulk.png
icon_thing.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_doctordoom.png (Essential)
icon_deadpool.png
icon_daken.png
icon_sentry.png
icon_scarletwitch.png
icon_colossus_new.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_daken.png (Essential)
icon_ms_marvel.png
icon_magneto.png

star.png
icon_yelena.png
icon_storm.png

Progression awards:
100: token_standard.png
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1600: healthpack.png
2600: rainbow AP stockpile
3900: 140 iso8.png
5400: star.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png
7000: 140 iso8.png
9000: token_event.png
11000: 140 iso8.png
13500: star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.pngblueflag.png
16000: 250 iso8.png
18500: 25 imcoin.png
21000: 250 iso8.png
24000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.png
26000: 500 iso8.png
29000: 25 imcoin.png
32500: token_event.png
36000: 1000 iso8.png
40000: 25 commandpoints.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_spidergwen.pngyellowflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_spidergwen.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_spidergwen.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png , 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png , 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png , 500 iso8.png
301-400: icon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png , 250 iso8.png
401-500: token_standard.png x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: token_standard.png x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: token_standard.png, 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png , 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png , 2500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png , 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png , 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-250: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
251-500: 250 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 250 iso8.png
1001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Sub-Event Placement Rewards (incorrect, as both subs are 48 hrs. will update when known)
1-2: token_event.png x2, 1000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, 2 commandpoints.png
3-10: token_event.png , 1000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, 1 commandpoints.png
11-50: token_event.png , 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100: token_event.png , 1000 iso8.png
101-200: token_event.png , 500 iso8.png
201-300: token_event.png , 250 iso8.png
301-400: token_heroic.png , 250 iso8.png
401-500: token_standard.png x3, 250 iso8.png
5ß1-600: token_standard.png x2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: token_standard.png , 250 iso8.png
801-900: 140 iso8.png
901-1000: 70 iso8.png

Alliance
1-10: token_event.png , 250 iso8.png
11-50: token_event.png , 100 iso8.png
51-100: token_heroic.png , 100 iso8.png
101-250: token_heroic.png ,70 iso8.png
251-1000: token_standard.png x3, 70 iso8.png
1001-2000: token_standard.png x2, 70 iso8.png
2001-5000: token_standard.png , 70 iso8.png
5001-10000: token_standard.png

Previous runs
Deadpool VS MPQ (Oct.18th-Oct.22th, 2015) Bracket Size______(no previous thread)
PVE: Deadpool v MPQ
Deadpool vs MPQ May 24 - May 28
Deadpool VS MPQ - Mar 3 - 6
Deadpool vs MPQ Jan. 11-15
Deadpool vs. MPQ: Oct. 10 - 12
Deadpool VS MPQ - Sep 16 - 18
Deadpool vs Marvel Puzzle Quest – Aug 1 – 3

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking at the boosted list, I am very tempted to rely on Thing and Kingpin a lot - both are maxed. No blue coverage, but Doom, Daken or even Mr Fantastic could take care of that.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Liking the boosted characters on this. I've been using Rulk/Kingpin/Switch as a back up to my Jeanbuster +XFW team for hard PVE nodes anyway. All three are boosted here, so they're frontline killers now. Even that Kamala/Vision/Starlord node was no problem. Made the first clear today a snap, especially with boosted Daken on the trivial nodes.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I sure hope Deadpool can find the ISO-8 stash!

I could use quite a bit of it myself...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Championed icon_redhulk.png is just destroying this event
    cUAfoPb.png?1
    jnhW5gw.png?1
    Zz9TB3T.png?3
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two things.

1) Since gaining my fifth 3* champion, I'm getting destroyed in the harder nodes. Is this what "encouraging you to level your characters" was supposed to look like?

2) AI pairing Kamala Khan with a broken Vision (SPAM ALL THE POWERS) is a total **** move.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Looking at the boosted list, I am very tempted to rely on Thing and Kingpin a lot - both are maxed. No blue coverage, but Doom, Daken or even Mr Fantastic could take care of that.
    Very pleased with this team after the first runthrough. Didn't have to use a single health pack, though I did switch to another old favorite - Xforce Wolverine, Daken, and 3star Deadpool - for certain nodes. Using Daken as the default third.
    Having Thing wallop the board for 10000 damage with his green is most satisfying...
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Two things.

1) Since gaining my fifth 3* champion, I'm getting destroyed in the harder nodes. Is this what "encouraging you to level your characters" was supposed to look like?

2) AI pairing Kamala Khan with a broken Vision (SPAM ALL THE POWERS) is a total **** move.

Maybe you have the wrong 3* championed? I have a total of 22 3* championed and haven't had an issue. Last event was terrible with the limited roster but still finished T20 without grinding.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    my keys on that node were 1) bring hood and 2) save ap until you have enough to at least down kk at once. until then just gather and deny best you can. i think i used hood and rulk or something. 3* could use hood with cmags or cap.

edit: really enjoying the 4* boosteds of kp and rulk. 2 that I've taken to 180, but not maxed yet. boosting bring them to 270 and 255, which puts them on par with my 3 maxed guys and widens my roster at the top without borking my scaling. 180s not a bad level to bring the mid-tier to with the current boosting system. my thing is only 145 (boosts to 218), so not real effective except on the mid-nodes.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That 2* Daken essential is starting to worry me with scaling, more so than the Kamala/Starlord/Vision one. You get so focused on bringing down Iron fist 1st, that you forget Antman is ramping up to be a beast with all his powers. And just when you get ready to deal with him, SWitch hits you with a stun and AOE. It's only lvl 190 right now, but the fact that the 2* Daken I have is just a floater I picked up for this event makes it feel much higher.

I've been clearing it every time with Jeanbuster (saving the Rulk/Kingpin combo for the other hard nodes to save health packs) but there's been a couple of times when I've looked at the board and thought this could get real bad, real quick with one wrong move.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seeing as how everyone and their mother is evidently grinding each and every node down to 1 point and I struggle to even complete them more than once, I'm giving up on this. I don't have a single viable four star and all of this talk of how others are enjoying their powered up ones makes me feel like a loser.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    elusive wrote:
    Seeing as how everyone and their mother is evidently grinding each and every node down to 1 point and I struggle to even complete them more than once, I'm giving up on this. I don't have a single viable four star and all of this talk of how others are enjoying their powered up ones makes me feel like a loser.
    not a loser, you either 1) started the game after some of the other forumites, or 2) haven't put as much money into the game. or some combination. everyone who is talking about their 4s has been through where you are. do what's fun. don't do what's not fun. the 5*s kinda mess that up for some, which really sucks for them. my first 5* i had a good crew of 166s and i muddled through. roster progress is merely a time/money function and not everyone is at the same level. doesn't make anyone 'winner' or 'losers'. hope you can find some fun in it somewhere man.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    elusive wrote:
    Sub doesn't end until tomorrow, so it's too early to grind. Don't worry about the ones getting an early start.
    Keep in mind that scaling means the ones with powerful rosters also face powerful opposition.
  • Oshalei
    Options
    What are people without covered 4*s doing? My 4*s are all undercovered - I tried with the boosts anyway but it's just not good enough. I was playing around with various colossus centered teams but nothing struck me as really spectacular and I burned a lot of health packs. Without colossus I was just straight dying though.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oshalei wrote:
    What are people without covered 4*s doing? My 4*s are all undercovered - I tried with the boosts anyway but it's just not good enough. I was playing around with various colossus centered teams but nothing struck me as really spectacular and I burned a lot of health packs. Without colossus I was just straight dying though.

Looking at the boosted list, if I were going to go with a 3* lineup I'd go Daken/Scarlet/Deadpool. Prime targets with red, drop an accelerated whale, clean up with blue. Solid.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    Oshalei wrote:
    Easy, there is an embarrassment of riches:
    - Patch + Daken + Doom/Loki
    - Daken + Thor + Kamala
    - Deadpool + Daken + Scarlet/BP
    - R&G + Cyclops + Doom
    - Cage + Doom + Patch/Cyclops
  • apmonte
    Options
    Oshalei wrote:

Think your **** by not having fully covered 4* characters? Try it with undercovered 3* characters. I was going to try to grind it out for the doom progression, but I think I'm done. This isn't any fun at all.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm not sure if something change over night, but I've lost the IF, Antman, SW node 5 times in a row. Cleared it 3 times yesterday no problem. Today getting my **** handed to me.
  • Oshalei
    Options
    Oshalei wrote:
    I'm not sure how much iso you have, but looking at your roster i strongly recommend championing 3* Cyclops and respeccing him to 5/3/5. I wouldn't recommend champing Doom though; i kept mine at lv120 as he's a required 3* character, which means that a boosted lv171 (i have 5 spare covers for him) Doom would raise my scaling. However, if you really think that championing Doom will help you, go ahead. Doom and Cyclops work well together: 3/5/5 Doom is an awesome black battery for Cyke's Full Blast

Just some general comments on the PvE: for those that are still in sub 1, here's what i used for the essential nodes:

1) Doom essential vs Panther, Elektra, Squirrel Girl

My team: Doom, 2* Ms Marvel, Lazythor

2) Daken DA essential vs Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch, Antman

My team: Daken, Kamala, Cyclops. I couldn't get past this node without at least one character dying, and the remaining two finished with their health no higher than three digits

3) Kingpin essential vs Kamala, Vision, Starlord

My team: Kingpin, Scarlet Witch, Doom. I usually used Doom's purple to one-shot Kamala; without her irritating healing, the match becomes 100x more manageable

Thankfully the three essential nodes in sub 2 are muuucchhhh easier. And sub 2 as a whole is worth 4770 points per clear

Thanks for the info and the tips.

I'm going to have enough ISO to champion one character in a day or so. I'm leaning towards doom only because I have 3 covers for him sitting in my queue.

But overall I'd rather have a max cyc. I was just thinking I'd do him next. He's so good.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    lol @ the icon_kingpin.png node with icon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_ultron.png being marked as easy icon_lol.gif

the 255 icon_hulk.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_devildino.png was easier. Thank god I downed icon_carnage.png in time before he got the chance to spam the board with his s**t and right before ock fired up his manipulation T-T
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oshalei wrote:

I'm going to have enough ISO to champion one character in a day or so. I'm leaning towards doom only because I have 3 covers for him sitting in my queue.

But overall I'd rather have a max cyc. I was just thinking I'd do him next. He's so good.

Champ cyc.losing the doom covers may feel like a loss but In the grand scheme of things, that additional 3 covers of doom is not going to change things for you. You get it back some time later.

But a 535 cyc is just so damn good he will form your core team to a long time.