So far, my farming for boosts have been very unsuccessful.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
All of us are suddenly thrown back into the stone age of having to find the boosts again before we can actually use them.

Okay, no sweat, we just have to go find them. If only it were that easy.

I played many matches in PVP farming for ISO and Boosts. After 20 matches, I got exactly 1 set of boosts. Blue and Purple match damage.

And this rate I would have earned a complete set next year. They could have at least made these boosts drop more frequently.

I don't think I will be able to do the PVEs very much later. I need those boosts to be able to deal with those 230 Mobs. I don't know how I'm going to deal with them, now that my old boosts have almost run dry.

Comments

• I tried the same thing - gave up after 10 games. Then started trying fights without boosts. It is doable. Slow painful but doable. Argentina got mostly missions against goons so it is quite easy. I assume you have OBW and MN Magneto (since you face 230 level enemies). Pair them with some sort of damage dealer like Punisher, Patch , Wolvie or Daken. And you are set.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    And EVERYONE is in the same boat, so don't worry. A week or two from now, you'll be right back where you were, just like everyone else.
  • I was lucky. I had several unclaimed boosts from the prologue so I went back and played some matches to open them.
    So far I have found the +1 X/Y, the +20% match damage and the +10% X/Y damage (except the +10 B/G). And I found 50HP which I had forgotten about. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm fine with this. Means boosts will be used for special occasions rather than willy-nilly, making people think they're better than they are because of the constant boost abuse.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    All of us are suddenly thrown back into the stone age of having to find the boosts again before we can actually use them.

Okay, no sweat, we just have to go find them. If only it were that easy.

I played many matches in PVP farming for ISO and Boosts. After 20 matches, I got exactly 1 set of boosts. Blue and Purple match damage.

And this rate I would have earned a complete set next year. They could have at least made these boosts drop more frequently.

I don't think I will be able to do the PVEs very much later. I need those boosts to be able to deal with those 230 Mobs. I don't know how I'm going to deal with them, now that my old boosts have almost run dry.

It always seemed to me that I always was awarded a boost after I had one of those cascading matches that incuded a chime. I still don't know what that chime means, there's that chime after like 5 or 6 cascading matches or so?
  • Okay guys, can someone tell me if I am hallucinating, or did this just actually happen.

I could have sworn the new + 10 match damage Boosts cost like 50 ISO for 3.

Now they cost 100?

Or did I just remembered wrong?
  • I've been getting boosts like crazy, far more often than R47.

I'd say at least one every 4 battles and often two or three fights in a row.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I'm hoping these lightning rounds get me some boosts...playing without blue/purple stockpile makes some of those PvE missions kind of tough.
  • I've been getting boosts like crazy, far more often than R47.

Same here. I've unlocked quite a few so far, most importantly the blue/purple stockpile one (for the current event).
  • I have unlocked two boosts so far from the LRs - the +1 all and +1 red/yellow stockpiles. Blue/purple is my new white whale.

Maybe Hulk can harpoon one for me.
  • so far ive played about 50 pve battles and have found a total of two. a whole whopping two.
  • So I unlocked 4-5 new boosts today in LRs (got a few doubles as well, I'd say during two LR rounds I got 7-9 boosts). Farming the prologue first mission, up to 80 wins, no boost. Has anyone gotten a random boost from a pve win or do the RNG gods REALLY hate me?
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I've earned maybe three boosts and a whole lot of 20 ISO from PvE when I've only earned 1 of 4 awards per match. The 20 ISO award when 3 others are still available really grinds my gears. I suppose we'll soon have the opportunity to buy all boosts for a combo of ISO, hp, and your soul.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been getting boosts like crazy, far more often than R47.

Same for me. I've unlocked all of them already. Sorry to be that guy.

One potential problem: I was up to 28 critical hit boosts (those being the only old ones that carried over). I was guessing the cap was 30. . . well, when I hit 30 it didn't just cap, it reset, and now I only have 3! Good thing it was my least-favorite boost!
  • stowaway wrote:
    Same for me. I've unlocked all of them already. Sorry to be that guy.
    7 of 9 so far.
    stowaway wrote:
    One potential problem: I was up to 28 critical hit boosts (those being the only old ones that carried over). I was guessing the cap was 30. . . well, when I hit 30 it didn't just cap, it reset, and now I only have 3! Good thing it was my least-favorite boost!
    Same thing happened to me, wonder whether other buffs will do that too, and whether they have 30 limit also.
  • Vinmarc43
    Options
    Tried 3 times on Russia stage fighting , moon 108 - jug 108 - rag 108 and with no boost, can`t do it, I have no edge on them , I have thor 85 - storm 85 -magn 67, I lost all the boost I have in my 3 tries and all health gone, SCREW THIS ****
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stowaway wrote:

Another brilliant feature implementation!
  • over_clocked
    Options
    ^ the font is too big, the limit is something like 30.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now do we still get boosts for random prologue battles? Couldn't we then just go beat up on a lvl 10 hammer guy like a hundred times and farm that way.
  • Malkavian wrote:
    so far ive played about 50 pve battles and have found a total of two. a whole whopping two.

I had a run of four in a row with boosts awarded this morning. Unlocked 9 of 9.

It's a funny old game. icon_rolleyes.gif