How old are you?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm curious about the average age of those who play mpq. Obviously just answer the poll only, don't post your own age as a response.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Fratriarch
    Fratriarch Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    What you're gonna learn is the age of the active forumgoers, not per se the age of all mpg players.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm old enough to know better than to give out my age online. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN.

old.jpg
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted less than 10 to help out the poll. I'm sure there has to be at least one kid playing but most likely not on the forum thus can't vote.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I am so old my dogtag number is 2. My farts are dust now. I used to say good morning to Moses. I once told Betsy Ross; you dropped a stitch. And the mountain I grew up on is now a swamp.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I'm so old that when someone told me to act my age, I died.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I'm so old the big bang almost blinded me.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    As old as my tongue but older than my teeth :p
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    i'm so old that...uh...ummm...what were we talking about?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Too.

I'm too old.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    1295587.jpg?lines=+Back+then%2C+if+a+fight+lasted+%0A+less+then+50+rounds+we%0A+demanded+our+20+ISO+back.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Old enough to party.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    I'm so old, Jurassic Park brought back memories.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Get off my lawn you damn kids!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming people have been voting accurately, many players are in their 30s. I'm surprised, I would have figured this was a game more for kids. Then again, kids probably don't use message boards as much, unless they have their parents' permission.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Assuming people have been voting accurately, many players are in their 30s. I'm surprised, I would have figured this was a game more for kids. Then again, kids probably don't use message boards as much, unless they have their parents' permission.
    my guess is that kids outnumber the adults by a large margin, but the adult spenders and vets keep the game running and provide the devs feedback from the meta portion of the players via the forums. the kids 1) don't have the patience or long-term competitive drive in a match-3 game to develop a roster very far (and don't have the disposable income to keep things going), and 2) won't be frequenting the forums and posting. but I imagine many of the 2* and 2-3* transitioners are the kiddos (the "majority" of players the devs talk about). pretty sure my first alliance was half kids (i.e. teens or younger).
  • jigawatt
    jigawatt Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    TxMoose wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    my guess is that kids outnumber the adults by a large margin, but the adult spenders and vets keep the game running and provide the devs feedback from the meta portion of the players via the forums. the kids 1) don't have the patience or long-term competitive drive in a match-3 game to develop a roster very far (and don't have the disposable income to keep things going), and 2) won't be frequenting the forums and posting. but I imagine many of the 2* and 2-3* transitioners are the kiddos (the "majority" of players the devs talk about). pretty sure my first alliance was half kids (i.e. teens or younger).

I mostly agree, although I will say that kids (early 20s and younger) usually have the grind stamina for these games that older people just don't have. well, maybe it's just me. and with them killing off cover whaling, it's a lot more grind-heavy than it ever was. kid-friendly.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    TxMoose wrote:
    pretty sure my first alliance was half kids (i.e. teens or younger).

The only reason I ever boot a player from our alliance is a significant (like 20 day) vacation from the game without any notice.

The one and only time I've ever booted a player for any other reason was because he was like that kid on BlackOps that just yells into the microphone for the entire match (or until you can hit mute). He just posted nonsense to the message board over and over. Since I couldn't mute him, I did our alliance a favour and kicked him.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    pretty sure my first alliance was half kids (i.e. teens or younger).

The only reason I ever boot a player from our alliance is a significant (like 20 day) vacation from the game without any notice.

The one and only time I've ever booted a player for any other reason was because he was like that kid on BlackOps that just yells into the microphone for the entire match (or until you can hit mute). He just posted nonsense to the message board over and over. Since I couldn't mute him, I did our alliance a favour and kicked him.

Haha my original alliance had a kid like that, but he self-kicked himself after nobody responded to his nonsense.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    HOW ON EARTH DO KIDS FIND THE TIME TO PLAY THIS?????? lol

That's my first thought, when imagining anyone 18 years old or younger playing this and doing well.

Yeesh.