Being able to replay node poll

2»

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    For those that want to do prologue healing, you can still do it in the easy nodes of any pve.

Only if you want to sacrifice the optimal value of the node(s) for you pve score.

Inconsequential for most players, but unacceptable when competing for the best ranks.

While I understand what you're saying, the fact that people are concerned about when they must or must not play a trivial node just goes to show how broken PvE is. What a mess.
  • I never used the prologue to heal, with that said I did like the little reward you could earn. It was a nice place to test new characters, and try new teams. The 20 iso was never a huge reward but it was nice.
    Maybe they could reset the prologue with 1 new reward for each match each week? This would provide a testing ground, provide a little reward, and give our kids something to mess around on without hindering us much.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is the problem with prologue healing?

It offers no practical advantage in PvP or pve.

In pve, there is plenty of time to regen healthpacks during clears during the 8 hour cycles. And during the end of sub grinds, taking several minutes to prologue heal is a significant disadvantage when aiming for top 20 finishes where the leaderboard are really tight. And below that ultra-competitive level it's easy to place with just casual play.

In pvp, the problem is even worse. Who would take,time to prologue heal during a shield hop? That's suicide. And once shielded, there is always time for healthpacks to regen. With shield cooldowns, it's impossible to play high level PvP on anything but a tight schedule anyway.

So prologue healing is mostly just a convenience,al losing people to keep playing with their preferred team as long as they want, rather than forcing them to wait an arbitrary amount of time for healthpacks 22nd play on demiurge's schedule. At the highest levels of competitikn, where the marginal value of every extra match win is crucial, prologue healing is just too slow to offer any meaningful advantage.

And more importantly, as others have mentioned in this and other threads, there are plenty of other reasons that people like having access to the prologue levels.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    As I said before, THE ONLY people who would vote AGAINST this sort of thing is those that do not want anything to possibly knock them off of whatever imaginary throne that they think they sit on.