Being able to replay node poll

Azoth658
Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all,

So since the 20 ISO change we've encountered the prologue missions being locked out once all rewards are earned. This happens on other nodes as well such as during the current heroic before entering a sub event.

This got me thinking about being able to read the story by replaying missions or tinker about with under leveled teams trying out a new cover or new character in your roster etc.

So the question is would you like to see nodes to never be mission completed/locked, so that you are always able to replay the mission albeit without rewards issued like when you grind past the 7 rewards on a node in a sub event at the moment?

I for one would like the ability to replay any mission without rewards dropping just for the fun. When I first load into a PVE event it is all about completing as quick as possible so I'll skip the cut scenes and have missed story many times because of a node locking afterwards.

Look forward to seeing your thoughts.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I've always been a PC gamer and MPQ was my first mobile game. When I learned health packs (and waiting on them) was a thing, my thought was, "****, game? Why don't you want me to play?"

Same thing here. Let me play your game!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said yes and it is for this reason. I use prologue to heal my characters after I have shielded in PVP or cleared PVE. I would then go into prologue heal my team and then kill a level 6 team. The reason I do this is because one time I healed my characters and did not attack, no when I cam back to th game 2Hrs later my characters were not healed. It is now superstition to me. I don't care about the ISO I just want to avoid a glitch that could affect my game play in a couple of hours later.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Why cant they just offer the 20iso after all the main awards are earned..?
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I just naturally assumed that prologue farming was removed because the vast majority of us who used it after the fact did so purely to exploit specific character traits. Be it true healing characters or to better strategically setup Phoenix or Groot.

If people are genuinely using it for the SPIRIT of the game without any desire to exploit things or gain rewards than I think it's a great idea.

D3 should simply let the nodes have no impact on your character stats. Meaning that if Patch enters a prologue node at 1000 health and fully heals...after the battle ends he is returned to his initial 1000 health.

This addressed the exploit while letting players mess about in prologue for the sheer love of the game and it's storyline.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think people also used bots on it to generate the 20 ISO repeatedly. So they slammed that door shut.
  • Juggernut
    Juggernut Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Locking nodes is borderline asinine. I already got all the rewards and so the prologue tab is just there right now with no use whatsoever. Either unlock those nodes or replace that tab with something else so people can have something to do when PVE /PVP session is done. Case in point, I refuse to play the heroic event that's running right now and so all I have is balance of power pvp and that's done. If the developers' aim is to decrease people's play time on this game then I'd say they're on track. Don't get me wrong, I was annoyed by the 20 iso problem as well but I feel like they don't really think things through when making these changes. At least let us know weeks in advance before making these changes so that we as a community can chime in on what potential problems may exist from said change.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    I've only got 1 useable 5* and it's OML with only 1 single yellow cover.
    So yes, I most definitely need prologue healing, please.
    What's the point of true healing if there's no place to true heal? Might as well make every healing ability a burst of health only.
  • Eddiemon
    Huatimus wrote:
    What's the point of true healing if there's no place to true heal? Might as well make every healing ability a burst of health only.

You really don't see a difference between true healing and burst healing apart from being able to heal between matches in the prologue?

They brought in 'burst' healing to prevent prologue healing for most characters, now they just closed it down for the rest.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    If I'm going to be coming out of every fight with less health than I went in with, then there is in essence no difference between "true healing" and "burst of health", which was my whole point.
    So yes, I am voting that they don't "close it down for the rest".
    And next are you going to suggest a "totally viable strategy" of using trivial nodes in PVE events to "true heal", with total disregard to optimal grinding of PVE nodes?
  • Juggernut
    Juggernut Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    "Would you like nodes to always be unlocked even without rewards?"

I wonder if those that are voting against this are voting no because they still want that 20 iso?
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Based on the feedback it seems that whilst a lot of people want them re-opened I imagine they are voting yes because they want to be able to true heal rather than play the story or try new character combinations.

I really like the above zero impact to stats idea. Maybe this could be a unique tab of it's own called story and every event is there and you can play any node but there are no rewards and you can try out any of your characters. I for one would love every DDQ node available to test at any point.

But I digress. In terms of locked nodes I think it would be awesome if they left the open once complete with no rewards etc. Yes it would be great if there was 20 ISO after you earn all rewards but I am more than happy without it because my ISO earning has gone up astronomically already.
  • Eddiemon
    Huatimus wrote:
    If I'm going to be coming out of every fight with less health than I went in with, then there is in essence no difference between "true healing" and "burst of health", which was my whole point.
    So yes, I am voting that they don't "close it down for the rest".
    And next are you going to suggest a "totally viable strategy" of using trivial nodes in PVE events to "true heal", with total disregard to optimal grinding of PVE nodes?

No, I was sticking with the 'they don't want you healing your characters for free in the prologue' approach. If you want to pick alternate strategies to heal your characters in the competitive environment that's fine but as you said yourself, it's suboptimal.

And there 'in essence' a heap of difference between the two. I run Patch/Loki/X in the early rounds of PvP because I can grind to 500ish without using a health pack. Patch gets to tank the early damage and then when I do the berserk/trickery combo he heals back up to full ready for the next match. But even if he's only at 80% I'm happy to put him in again because he'll heal that up over match damage.

Whereas with burst healing I might be able to go 3 battles at best before I have to use health packs because people are getting to the point where a cascade can be fatal. It takes time to get the first burst heal ability off and during that time it is permanent health depleted until the temporary health buffer kicks in.

Of course you're using a single covered OML as a tank for a team so it's not like it's anywhere near proper strength true healing, and then trying to use the fact that completely under strength 'true healing' is 'in essence burst' as some kind of argument for the practice.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Huatimus wrote:

You really don't see a difference between true healing and burst healing apart from being able to heal between matches in the prologue?

They brought in 'burst' healing to prevent prologue healing for most characters, now they just closed it down for the rest.

So we can petition for True Healing to come back to those characters now, right? I mean since we cannot infinitely farm the prologue.
  • madsalad
    I suggested over in the Suggestions thread that the Prologue be something you can pay (with HP) to reopen at a slightly harder level each time. Not that it specifically scales to you on the first time you reopen it. I was thinking of it more as endless wave horde rounds in a video game. You pay to re-open it and it's 5 levels harder, you pay again and it's 10, etc... until there comes a point where you can no longer really beat it. I think it would be a fun way to go back and replay the Prologue, essentially pay to get more ISO, have more battles/ability to test new teams, etc...

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39539#p482427
  • Eddiemon
    madsalad wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Huatimus wrote:

So we can petition for True Healing to come back to those characters now, right? I mean since we cannot infinitely farm the prologue.

Sure, you can petition for whatever you like. I'm not sure why you are asking for my permission.
  • madsalad
    Eddiemon wrote:
    madsalad wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Huatimus wrote:

Sure, you can petition for whatever you like. I'm not sure why you are asking for my permission.

I wasn't. I was being facetious.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I only really care about the prologue; I let my kids play missions there, so I'm not happy about those locking. But it would be nice to at least be able to go back and read the animations on one-shot nodes (I've occasionally skipped them out of force of habit. That is, most of them I've read enough not to care, but I have occasionally accidentally skipped stuff that I did want to read. Plus, sometimes I really just need to get that clear done immediately, so it would be cool to be able to go back later to look at the animations).
  • if i remember correctly, hitting a prologue mission help you ping to the server after shielding or checking points in PVP.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those that want to do prologue healing, you can still do it in the easy nodes of any pve.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    For those that want to do prologue healing, you can still do it in the easy nodes of any pve.

Only if you want to sacrifice the optimal value of the node(s) for you pve score.

Inconsequential for most players, but unacceptable when competing for the best ranks.