So boost price doubled again?

Options
2»

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    @jozier

Hopefully that is true as there is definitely something wonky with placement. Might just be my brackets, and I have fingers crossed that that is it or that they are fixing it, but the past four events when looking at the leaderboards near the end at least 7 out of the top 10 all have low rosters. Ive seen multiple where they dont even have a maxed 2*, and several without a char over 40.
  • The events greatly favor those who have the highest level, relative to your overall roster, boosted heroes. If your roster of level 141s also include a level 141 Psylocke it'd be pretty easy to plow through a lot of these missions. I haven't looked at the roster of every 1* guy at the top, but I suspect these guys not only have a high playing time but they also have a relevent high level (relative to their roster) boosted hero. If it's simply "1* are dominating the top" then nobody with a good roster should be at the top. There has to be way more guys with weak rosters than people with 141s out there.

In the Simulator, it's basically a slaughterhouse for your opponents if you have a high level Magneto on the round he's major boosted. Certainly I didn't see any low level roster in any of my brackets that came close to the carnage my Magneto was dishing out in terms amount of missions I was able to clear quickly, and that make sense since high level Magneto tends to be solely in the domain of top roster players. But when it's Loki that was major boosted, there are certainly a lot of weak roster that did well, since Loki isn't someone you'd have at high level, and even if you did, he doesn't make much of an impact by himself.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The events greatly favor those who have the highest level, relative to your overall roster, boosted heroes. If your roster of level 141s also include a level 141 Psylocke it'd be pretty easy to plow through a lot of these missions. I haven't looked at the roster of every 1* guy at the top, but I suspect these guys not only have a high playing time but they also have a relevent high level (relative to their roster) boosted hero. If it's simply "1* are dominating the top" then nobody with a good roster should be at the top. There has to be way more guys with weak rosters than people with 141s out there.

In the Simulator, it's basically a slaughterhouse for your opponents if you have a high level Magneto on the round he's major boosted. Certainly I didn't see any low level roster in any of my brackets that came close to the carnage my Magneto was dishing out in terms amount of missions I was able to clear quickly, and that make sense since high level Magneto tends to be solely in the domain of top roster players. But when it's Loki that was major boosted, there are certainly a lot of weak roster that did well, since Loki isn't someone you'd have at high level, and even if you did, he doesn't make much of an impact by himself.

Just as an example, at the moment in my Sudan ISO lab the top 10 is as follows:

There are 2 ppl with any heroes over lvl 85 (myself included)
    There are 3 ppl with a decent 2* roster with either 3 lvl 85s or close to that
    Finally there are 5 people with rosters all under lvl 50 or 1 hero between 50 and 85 then the rest under 50 icon_e_smile.gif

Best bit is 3 of the top 5 have really low level rosters with a couple of hours to go.

None of them have a relatively high level boosted hero (although one of the low level rosters has a lvl 20 1/1/1 psylocke....)
  • Atren wrote:
    I am bit confused by your list Jachdo:

Concerning rainbow if +3 is 100 HP and +1 is 50 HP then it went worse as in from 33 HP to 50 HP per +1. Basically you divide +3 value with 3 to get +1 value and then compare. If it really is stackable to 5 then per slot you can get higher bonus, but for considerably higher price per +1.

I don't think you are taking into consideration the decrease in cost.

Before, Rainbow was +3 all x3 @ 100 HP. That's 3 x 6 colors per boost =18 AP. You get three in a pack, so 18*3 = 54
    Now it's +1 all x 5 @ 50 HP. Thats 1 x 6 colors per boost = 6. You get five in a pack, so 6*5 = 30.
    So for the price of the original pack (100HP), you'll be getting a total of 60+ AP, where originally you would get 54+ AP. Which is a little under a 10% decrease in cost (plus the new ability to stack)

Jachdo wrote:
    I also suck at math

My reasoning could be wrong though icon_e_confused.gif
  • So you got 3 of that color boosts for that price, ok that does explain things. Never bought any of the boosts so that confused me as I figured it was bought 1 at time.

Your math seems to be correct, but keep it simple would be my advice. For example: 100 HP old you got +9 all vs +10 with new one. No need to multiply both sides with 6.

EDIT: For Positive spin it is 11% increase in AP for same HP icon_rolleyes.gif
  • bonfire01 wrote:
    Just as an example, at the moment in my Sudan ISO lab the top 10 is as follows:

There are 2 ppl with any heroes over lvl 85 (myself included)
    There are 3 ppl with a decent 2* roster with either 3 lvl 85s or close to that
    Finally there are 5 people with rosters all under lvl 50 or 1 hero between 50 and 85 then the rest under 50 icon_e_smile.gif

Best bit is 3 of the top 5 have really low level rosters with a couple of hours to go.

None of them have a relatively high level boosted hero (although one of the low level rosters has a lvl 20 1/1/1 psylocke....)

A level 20 major boosted Psylocke is equivalent of a level 120 hero, who would have no problem carving up say level 100 opponents that you'd expect the 50 or under guys facing.

Again, it's all relative. If you have 3 level 141 heroes and your Psylocke is level 30, that means she's equivalent of level 130 so she's still lower than your highest hero. But if you have a level 50 IM35 and a level 20 Psylocke, your Psylocke is equivalent of level 120 and way higher than your highest hero. I'm pretty sure the scaling doesn't account for equivalent levels after boosts (otherwise having a level 20 Psylocke means you should get 230X3, and no way you'd ever beat any mission like that with a level 50 and under roster). In the former case, Psylocke would be slightly below average compared to your normal heroes. In the latter case, Psylocke is more than twice as strong as your closest hero, and she'd be able to bring that massive firepower against opponents scaled to your level 50 roster.

Remember, Magneto absolutely destroyed the hard simulator 230X3 guys when he was major boosted. It was one of the most ridiculous display of power I've seen when you see 230X3 guys just drop like flies. Of course, that's a case where the character boosted is favorable to people with good rosters. In this event, it's obviously not.
  • Okay, a few hours ago some of my boosts were 50 ISO to purchase. Now they are 100 ISO. This is well after the patch was applied and the changes already happened. Odd.
  • The problem is that making the boosts cost this much obviously favors those who can afford to buy them. The end result is a definitive move towards pay to win. Sadly, the last two major patches were going in the pay to win direction icon_cry.gif
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    RangoFett wrote:
    There are ways to do it, and I'm tired of people claiming that it is impossible, I want to be nice, but the next time someone complains in this way I'm going to want to tell them to L2P or STFU.
    Technically you could make your first match and get lucky enough for the cascades to keep on coming until every opponent is dead. That probably qualifies as "possible" in a strictly mathematical sense, so one might feel inclined to deduce that those people complaining are wrong. Add some common sense and it suddenly becomes clear that "impossible" in the context of a game supposed to be fun tends to be located at most at a dozen failed attempts that ended in an utter defeat, within the first few turns, without the slightest chance.

Give it a try, Ares plus those two henchmen contributing several green each turn, all at level 230. Pick any heroes except Spidey, none higher than level 85, to put you on par with the people complaining. No boosts since you obviously learned how to play. Three wins (not necessarily in sequence) to rule out ridiculous luck. Post results.

I understand that no one has sad it is impossible in the literal sense of the word. I have beaten the mission you are discussing several times without spidey. I did use *** characters at above lvl 85, however. I personally don't think it is unreasonable that there be some missions that are not farmable without boosts for people with only lvl 85 characters.

As far as your challenge goes, how about using boosted characters? I bet a lvl 85 Marvel Now Mags + lvl. 85 C. Storm + A number of other characters would be doable. I'm sorry I used the term Learn to Play, as it is pretty derogatory, but let me be clear: I think this game is playable with a lot more combinations of characters than people are willing to look into. I think people who have limited rosters, who have focused on only the most powerful characters, and who have grown accustomed to having boosts be readily available and powerful, those people have gotten used to attaining a certain level of success in this game that is not sustainable with recent changes, and they are complaining excessively. Is the scaling system ideal in its current form? No. But I am hearing a lot of crying about how devs have "broke the game", and I feel like that is a major overreaction and an entitled attitude (not naming anyone in particular, just the overall feeling I'm getting from the tone of posts on the forums)

I also freely admit that I have spent money on this game to increase my roster, and to get ISO 8 in the past, so I have a more diverse, usable roster than the average person who has not spent money on the game.
  • The problem is that making the boosts cost this much obviously favors those who can afford to buy them. The end result is a definitive move towards pay to win. Sadly, the last two major patches were going in the pay to win direction icon_cry.gif

Not really, it's a push towards not paying for boosts. If you put money into the game to buy ISO to then buy boosts, you're wasting it and in the long run, it won't help you.

You are much better off levelling heroes than purchasing boosts and the game now pushes you away from boosts except in extreme circumstances. In the past, boosts used to just be used by virtue of the fact that they were cheap and made the game easy. This isn't a Pay to Win mechanic because you are going to lose big time in both the short term and long term if you pay to buy boosts.
  • In terms of PvE it's clearly pushing you toward investing in whoever happens to be boosted, especially major boosted. I don't think it was ever their intention for you to brute force a 230X3 with 3 nonboosted level 141s, even though it's quite doable right now.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We would not need boosts if

1. They fixed the ridiculous balance issues in PVE

or

2. They bracketed us with people facing similarly leveled opponents

I do hope to give the new system a try when and if the game sees fit to drop that +1 blue/purple AP boost. Gonna have to grind the LRs until I finally unlock the stupid thing.

EDIT: I don't yell like the guy beneath me because drugs.
  • Vinmarc43
    Options
    YOU ARE F@#$% THIS GAME UP, I DON`T ENJOY IT NO MORE, TO MANY CHANGES AND TOO MUCH MONEY HUNGRY AND ALSO PENALISES US FOR TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT AND HOW WE WANT TO PLAY. I DID NOT MINE SPENDING A FEW DOLLARS HERE AND THERE TO ADVANCE MY COVERS BUT NOW, I JUST WANT TO SMASH A LA HULK MY F$%# COMPUTER WITH FRUSTRATION.
    MOST OFF US PLAY TO RELAX, HAVE FUN AND WIN-WIN-WIN NO BODY PLAYS TO LOOSE-LOOSE-LOOSE, GET THE MESSAGE, TIME TO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE I GUESS, TOO BAD, IT WAS KINDA EXITING AT FIRST, NOW NOT SO MUCH.