NEW CHARACTERS and Heroic: WHAT IS WORTH?

WEBGAS
WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Please try to explain this: What is worth to have new characters every 15 days if we are not supposed to use them until they are decently covered? (so it depends on your luck with tokens or in how much money you decide to spend in this game)....
Furthermore, events like Heroics are pure ****.
What is worth to have a roster with 80 or even more characters if you can only use 12 of them and you are not even supposed to choose? Forced to use characters like Nova that at best, at this moment, one could only have with maximum 4 covers?
I'm sick and tired of heroic events. I have 83 characters and want to use them by my own choice icon_mad.gificon_redface.gificon_evil.gif

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS wrote:
    I'm sick and tired of heroic events. I have 83 characters and want to use them by my own choice icon_mad.gificon_redface.gificon_evil.gif

Do you mean by this that you want to clear the PvE node with Charlies Angels whenever you feel like it?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    While fully opening up rosters for heroics would be going too far away from the idea of the event, there should be an increase in the available roster now that the total roster numbers more than 90 and 3/4 of them are locked out each time.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    While fully opening up rosters for heroics would be going too far away from the idea of the event, there should be an increase in the available roster now that the total roster numbers more than 90 and 3/4 of them are locked out each time.
    There is.
    Those extra chars for every sub is a new thing.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't every PVE that's not Heroic let you play with all your roster (which as other poster suggested, likely means that you use winfinite every time or whatever your most efficient team is)? If any, Heroic events force you to play the game in different ways.
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I'm usually okay with the heroic events since it forces me to try new combinations. I discovered how valuable Daredevil's purple can be in the last one. However, this time the character selection doesn't gel well with my roster so it's not going well. I wish they went through with the scaling test they originally planned for this since it would have helped tremendously. With the recent boost changes, I'm in trouble with the last 3 nodes in the sub event because those high-level, boosted characters I have are poorly covered.

Like I said, I usually like the heroic events but I got unlucky with the boosted characters this time. Hopefully the pending scaling changes will make events like these better.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:

Yes, I know that the event should be "heroic" but only 12 characters and most part of them useless is not fair....What about a choice between 20 characters? It will give you a chance icon_arrow.gif
  • they should it make a "choose your own heroic" and you get bigger rewards for the more characters you sacrifice. or maybe make it a heroes captured event where you get only the starting heroic limited team but each node there is a rescue token that can be won and some are given out as sub rewards. you can use the tokens to unlock heroes on your roster to be used in the event. some thing like a 1token: 1 star.png to unlock heroes from your roster.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if they'll add a fourstar reinforcement soon?
    I do love me Heroic events as I like making unorthodox teams and I really have to think about team composition with a limited roster. The reinforcements can make a huge difference though.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Magic wrote:
    WEBGAS wrote:

Do you mean by this that you want to clear the PvE node with Charlies Angels whenever you feel like it?
    It's bizarre - I don't understand what's fun about plowing through all challenges with the winfinite? Doesn't that get super-boring after the first 100 matches?

I remember someone announcing quitting this game when the tanking changed on winfinite and "broke" it. But if that's why you were playing in the first place... I just don't know, man.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    There is.
    Those extra chars for every sub is a new thing.

Even so there should be a few more in the base roster for a heroic by this point.
  • the only good thing about heroics is that theyre always three days.

really fast and generally easy leg token (now 25 cp). thats the only good thing.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to be fine with heroics, but now that I have a strong oml, it's tough to play for a long time without it! He's like my security blanket! Matches are so slow without him lol. I don't mind heroics, but I don't really play them much, which is fine. I play too much as it is.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Oh hey, another "heroics are terrible because I can't use my entire roster" thread. These threads never get old.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Magic wrote:
    WEBGAS wrote:

It's bizarre - I don't understand what's fun about plowing through all challenges with the winfinite? Doesn't that get super-boring after the first 100 matches?

I remember someone announcing quitting this game when the tanking changed on winfinite and "broke" it. But if that's why you were playing in the first place... I just don't know, man.

You're right, it's not fun. Watching animation after animation for only 4k damage at a time, having random teamups getting in your stupid way, or having your Witch tile get wiped 3 turns in a row followed by Profx getting 1 shot the very next turn. I hate playing it, but it's better than getting chopped by Ares while you're trying to clear that node for the 9th time that day.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    They need to add a third 4* character to the weekly buffs, because the "new character" is never actually usable while they are "new".
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slarow wrote:
    They need to add a third 4* character to the weekly buffs, because the "new character" is never actually usable while they are "new".
    They are actually adding two next week, they go from two to four.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    Slarow wrote:
    They are actually adding two next week, they go from two to four.
    Finally icon_e_smile.gif Didn't catch that, thanks!
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I for one don't have a problem with Heroics, as I have always been of the opinion of having every character so other than lower leveled characters being the boosted ones I can usually play them well enough to get the rewards I want.

But for all those that complain I'd love to see D3 implement a debuff to non heroic characters instead of locking them out. Halve their levels for the event but don't lock them out. Give people who don't have the required characters or only have limited covers chance to play albeit with a lot of difficulty.

Make it so people can't just chuck in Fistbuster or Winfinite combo and expect instant victory and let people still mix and match to find the best combinations for the event from buffed and debuffed characters.
  • This is why most people don't play heroics. I do wish they would put a bit more thought into the characters that you can use. Often there is little to no synergy making virtually all of the matches slow, and frustrating.

I think Iceman, and Cyke are available for this one? So most nodes I use those 2 with a random 3rd or essential and fly through it. The rewards aren't great for me, so I'll get my 25 CP and move on to the next event.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Magic wrote:
    WEBGAS wrote:

Winfinite appeals to the OCD puzzle gamers who like designing as many match 5s as possible by adding only 6 green tiles (but you can't add over special tiles or TUT). I admit I get a kick out of it, but that's only because I use it maybe four or five times a month. I can't imagine playing every day with that team.