They're out there and they're legit.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    greenglove wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    ^ Is that a bad thing?

It is for the game. There are some individuals who are going to profit immensely from being able to Champion OML covers.

Considering there is someone who shall not be named with almost THREE 550s, and spending enough $$$ to get the cps legitimately, I don't know if "profit" is the term I would use. How about "supporting the game" instead? icon_mrgreen.gif The change from LT to cp rewards doesn't mean much for these super super duper whales, because we're not having daily, 24 hour pvps offering 25 cps at the 1.3, or the daily version of pves either. so they won't be getting cps at a much faster rate than before the change.

Who do you know who has at least 3 550 5*s? I have six of those, but only in my sandbox account, where it will not affect any of the players. You'd have to have spent probably a million dollars to get them in game. Either that or cheating.

it's "he who shall not be named"
    not from harry potter books.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker

"They're real and they're spectacular?"
    tumblr_mzrhekQLFM1s0teago1_400.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Yup I've seen them myself. Got attacked in LR by a well-known member from a well-known alliance. It was reported that he was one of the first people to get Surfer when the LT was released, and sure enough: max championed 5*

It is plausible to me that people could have acquired 13 covers for a 5*. If you played every event since September, and got every LT reward available (and maybe bought a few 40 packs or some extra LTs with CP), then you could have opened what, 200-300 LTs by now. That's enough that only a moderate amount of luck could give you 13 covers for the same 5* of the right colors.

But there is no way anyone has acquired another 100 5* covers to legitimately build a 550? That would require thousands of LTs, and I don't see any way to acquire them legitimately over the last 5 months.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    But there is no way anyone has acquired another 100 5* covers to legitimately build a 550? That would require thousands of LTs, and I don't see any way to acquire them legitimately over the last 5 months.

It is legitimate because they bought Starks in buy clubs. Getting 140 CP per stark purchase. That is equivalent to 7 LT.

With those CP, they are able to purchase thousands of LT to get those 5* covers.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Don't really care about the change....but now it will be easier to level 4* (120 cp). I thought the devs were trying to slow down the game?

Here's an idea....maybe give double the cp for 7 day PVE events!

Darknes21
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Don't really care about the change....but now it will be easier to level 4* (120 cp). I thought the devs were trying to slow down the game?

They want progression through playing rather than through the wallet.

Of course, reality is most of that 1300 CP is earned by people who are better off not saving it for a specific 4*, but at least the flexibility is there.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 wrote:

Here's an idea....maybe give double the cp for 7 day PVE events!

Darknes21
    That's still making max progression in 5 events roughly for a chosen cover. It's still slower than what it used to be. 2500HP =/= 120 CP in value. I'm more concerned with new 4* being released and how soon they will become playable.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was just looking at Voldemort's roster last night and while that made my jaw drop, one of his alliance mates who is a regular record score setter has an interesting quirk to his roster. His highest leveled 4* is a 365 CHulk. Haha. RNGesus burn.
    I know we're not supposed to name players, but can we name alliances? If you want to see the crazy rosters, search 5BuynoCry in your alliance screen.
  • Thanks again Devs!! icon_e_smile.gif You guys are nailing these quality of life upgrades!
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe there will be only 6 5* - they are so rare, that I assume (and hope) it would be enough icon_e_wink.gif

And regarding the 25CP change - thank you! Another great change recently.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    smoq84 wrote:
    Maybe there will be only 6 5* - they are so rare, that I assume (and hope) it would be enough icon_e_wink.gif
    I could see that... if the game is canceled before they release the 7th. As long as the game is still up and running, we will get more 5* characters...
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    I think this is a very positive change. Two changes that the community asked for and were delivered upon suggests the company is truly interested in maintaining a strong relationship.

That is great.

However now I am wondering what exactly is the point of having the LT anyway. If it just comes down to 5* which sounds like that will be the only notable difference, then why not create a third "token".

First token: 5* Token (award this to the highest echelon of play. Season prog, alliance t50, etc)
    Second Token: 4* Legendary (new 4* starting from a year ago + all 5*) ~ 25cp
    Third Token: 4* Classic (all 4* released before a year ago, but no 5*) ~ 15cp

The 5* can only be earned in game, the 4* Legendary bought for existing costs and the old characters for a reduced cost.

This way the RNG is still playing a role as the devs like it, while still giving players flexibility.