Legendary Packs: Rewards Change To Offer Flexibility

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Here's rewards update news from the development team. The changes should provide more choice when striving for your most desired heroes and villains!

Demiurge Quote:

"With the introduction of Classic Legends packs, we heard that players wanted greater flexibility in what Legendary packs they were able to redeem. Starting in the next few days, we will be changing rewards from Legendary Tokens to Command Points in a few areas. Here are the details:
    - Starting in Jet Set Go, the 1300 point progression reward in Versus Events will be replaced with 25 Command Points. - Starting in Season 24, The 10,000 point progression reward for Seasons will be replaced with 25 Command Points. - Starting in the Venom: Heroic Event, the last progression reward of Story Events will be 25 Command Points."

Thanks for playing!

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    I think these recent changes are great.
    But can you clarify one thing for me.

Assuming we get to 7 5* chars. Can you explain how the 5*s will be distributed in the cover packs?

So currently we have
    Silver Surfer
    Old Man Logan
    Phoenix
    Black suit spidey

But hypothentically D3 releases
    5*(char 5)
    5*(char 6)
    5*(char 7)

As I understand it. The current plan is
    Classic token includes
    Silver Surfer
    Old Man Logan
    Phoenix

and the regular LT would include
    5*(char 5)
    5*(char 6)
    5*(char 7)

How will 5* spidey be handled?
    edit: changed venom to spidey
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I appricitate the new cp instead of the LT. One question is will there be an actual LT awarded with championing still or will these be switched to CP as well and just have LT bought through CP?

Thanks for the update
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Phumade wrote:

Assuming we get to 7 5* chars. Can you explain how the 5*s will be distributed in the cover packs?

So currently we have
    Silver Surfer
    Old Man Logan
    Phoenix
    Venom

5*(char 5)
    5*(char 6)
    5*(char 7)

Classic token includes
    Silver Surfer
    Old Man Logan
    Phoenix

5*(char 5)
    5*(char 6)
    5*(char 7)

How will 5* venom be handled?
    Right now there is a 5* Spiderman what is this 5* Venom you speak of?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:

So currently we have
    Silver Surfer
    Old Man Logan
    Phoenix
    Venom

5*(char 5)
    5*(char 6)
    5*(char 7)

Classic token includes
    Silver Surfer
    Old Man Logan
    Phoenix

5*(char 5)
    5*(char 6)
    5*(char 7)

How will 5* venom be handled?

5* is actually Black Suit Spiderman, not venom, but he will get shuffled off to class packs with the first 3!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love this change! Now it will be easier to get the 20 tokens needed to try to get more OMLs!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    edited February 2016
    Assuming this change does not extend beyond the progression rewards, I retract the following statements:
      I would have just made it so that the token could open either pack, because now you are giving away enough CP for 1.25 heroes. With this change (rather than just allowing the LT to open either), you need to add value to the Latest Pack. The classic pack is cheaper and contains OML and all of the same 4*s. The latest pack should contain the three latest 5*s and the 9 latest 4*s, while the classic pack should contain all but the newest 5*s and all of the 4*s. With this change, you would get a 10% chance at the latest 5*s and a 10% at each of the most recent 4*s (90% total). It is bad for the game to give people 1.25 times more OML covers.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ^ Is that a bad thing?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    ^ Is that a bad thing?

Seriously, where's the downvote button?
  • Buret0
    TLCstormz wrote:
    ^ Is that a bad thing?

It is for the game. There are some individuals who are going to profit immensely from being able to Champion OML covers.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would assume that any particular method of obtaining a LT not mentioned will still give a LT. That appears to include, but is not limited to:

- the 4* DPDQ
    - the Alliance reward for the Season
    - The first level of a Champion 3* and 4*
    - Every ten levels of a 4* Champion

IMHO that actually strikes a nice balance - some things you are forced into, but the most common "through play" methods of giving you a LT gives you options. It's a good change, overall. I know what I'll be doing with it...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    There are some individuals who are going to profit immensely from being able to Champion OML covers.
    I hope to be an individual who can at least choose to take a shot at oml yellow rather than being force into 1 and 2 cover 'new' characters. the select few that have championed OMLs that get extra champ levels from this will have exactly zero affect on 99.99% of the playerbase. and a huge chunk benefits. they're way ahead of everyone and will remain that way. nothing has changed other than those who rng'ed into their OMLs will likely not keep up the luck to compete with the superwhales. I really don't see the downside here for the most all of the playerbase.
  • dodgeson
    dodgeson Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I am happy about that change.
    But my main motivation to posting and what I think should be recognized is a great improvement of the communication to the community. I really appreciate the increase of timely communication, keep up the good trend.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I would assume that any particular method of obtaining a LT not mentioned will still give a LT. That appears to include, but is not limited to:

- the 4* DPDQ
    - the Alliance reward for the Season
    - The first level of a Champion 3* and 4*
    - Every ten levels of a 4* Champion

IMHO that actually strikes a nice balance - some things you are forced into, but the most common "through play" methods of giving you a LT gives you options. It's a good change, overall. I know what I'll be doing with it...

Also the one rewarded in vaults. Speaking of vaults, it would be cool if they added some CPs to them.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Buret0 wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    ^ Is that a bad thing?

It is for the game. There are some individuals who are going to profit immensely from being able to Champion OML covers.

Considering there is someone who shall not be named with almost THREE 550s, and spending enough $$$ to get the cps legitimately, I don't know if "profit" is the term I would use. How about "supporting the game" instead? icon_mrgreen.gif The change from LT to cp rewards doesn't mean much for these super super duper whales, because we're not having daily, 24 hour pvps offering 25 cps at the 1.3, or the daily version of pves either. so they won't be getting cps at a much faster rate than before the change.
  • Buret0
    puppychow wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    ^ Is that a bad thing?

Considering there is someone who shall not be named with almost THREE 550s, and spending enough $$$ to get the cps legitimately, I don't know if "profit" is the term I would use. How about "supporting the game" instead? icon_mrgreen.gif The change from LT to cp rewards doesn't mean much for these super super duper whales, because we're not having daily, 24 hour pvps offering 25 cps at the 1.3, or the daily version of pves either. so they won't be getting cps at a much faster rate than before the change.

Yeah, I think my posts came from thinking that they were doing away with LTs and were offering 25 CP instead in all cases. That would mean the people buying 40 packs would be getting 25 CPs per 40 pack.

Since they are (currently) limiting their change to progression rewards (which anyone can achieve and can only achieve once per event), I retract my comments (with the understanding that they don't make the change exploitable as warned in my earlier comments).
  • This is very cool.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Another great change! Thanks!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, really appreciate this one. Same goes for the 20 ISO change. Thanks for giving the community two highyl requested things.
  • Banacek555
    Banacek555 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Or why not do the sensible thing as there is utterly zero difference to either pack so split them into

Legend - 5 * and newest 4 *
    Classic - Rest 4*

I don't want 5* now as it just messed up scaling and for those of us who don't have enough 4* covered characters to compete - leave us alone to transition without stupid 5* which are completely useless with 1 or 2 covers
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    puppychow wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    ^ Is that a bad thing?

Who do you know who has at least 3 550 5*s? I have six of those, but only in my sandbox account, where it will not affect any of the players. You'd have to have spent probably a million dollars to get them in game. Either that or cheating.