Prologue nodes now lock out?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Once you finish all rewards?

How irritating. I no longer have meaningless sandbox nodes to use for safe team experiments (or prologue healing).

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    What one hand giveth the other taketh away
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please, please undo this. The prologue is perfect for my youngest daughter to mess around in, difficulty-wise.
  • if groot was low on health I always did the first prologue mission to save a healthpack
  • Frasaria wrote:
    if groot was low on health I always did the first prologue mission to save a healthpack

No no no, you bring him to the next game and make your first move a yellow match, then laugh at the awesome cascade that causes for your first turn. icon_e_smile.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Guys can't give us a 24 hour period to enjoy without finding fault?

Boohoo I can't have my kids farm iso for me anymore lol...
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Good. It was a development oversite on the devs part to have 20 iso. The whole point was to get people to NOT play after they unlocked the rewards, and was a poor way to extend the nodes life out when they first had very little content. It was not intended for people to farm with bots or "kids".
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    wirius wrote:
    Good. It was a development oversite on the devs part to have 20 iso. The whole point was to get people to NOT play after they unlocked the rewards, and was a poor way to extend the nodes life out when they first had very little content. It was not intended for people to farm with bots or "kids".

Come on now. I agree that the change is certainly a good one overall, but it's confusing why nodes couldn't continue to give 20 iso after all the real rewards have been given out. Or, for the unique case of the prologue, that the nodes could at least stay open.

There really wouldn't be a downside to it, and it's clear that at least a few people miss having a very low-stakes way to just match some gems at a very easy difficulty. I wouldn't call removing that functionality for those people "good".

In the worst abuse case, if someone wants to play 18,291 prologue games at 20 iso each in order to level their 4* up to max, then I say more power to them. At 1 minute per game, that's 12.7 days of straight game time with no sleep or breaks.
  • Der_Lex
    wirius wrote:

As someone who actually does have a small kid who plays this game and, unlike her older sister, isn't quite ready for anything beyond trivial nodes, I would kindly like to suggest that you and your quotation marks go tinykitty yourselves.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Der_Lex wrote:
    wirius wrote:

As someone who actually does have a small kid who plays this game and, unlike her older sister, isn't quite ready for anything beyond trivial nodes, I would kindly like to suggest that you and your quotation marks go tinykitty yourselves.

Agreed! Come on now Wirius.... you don't think we are actually farming 20 iso with our kids do you? That's ridiculous. There are children who love moving things around but can't understand the whole game.
  • Then start an account just for them and they can play it without consequence to yours...
  • I also liked the prologue to get my Deadpool whale points......
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Please, please undo this. The prologue is perfect for my youngest daughter to mess around in, difficulty-wise.

Man, getting your kids to farm Iso for you is a trick I should have figured out.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Then start an account just for them and they can play it without consequence to yours...

My girls want to have teams of other girls. So they need SW (favorite), SQ, and Pylocke to name a few.... That's an investment of time I would have to put in to get it up and running for them. Either way, it's not a huge deal and I could do it... but then they will run out of prolog missions themselves, and they are not really ready for the rest of the game.
  • Der_Lex
    Then start an account just for them and they can play it without consequence to yours...

And then they wouldn't have access to a full roster that contains many of their favorite comic/cartoon characters. Plus, on most phones and tablets multiple accounts are a pain to set up.

But more importantly, why the hell should we when there are zero detrimental effects to other players or the game in general when the rewardless prologue nodes are left open?
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2016
    Der_Lex wrote:

And then they wouldn't have access to a full roster that contains many of their favorite comic/cartoon characters. Plus, on most phones and tablets multiple accounts are a pain to set up.

But more importantly, why the hell should we when there are zero detrimental effects to other players or the game in general when the rewardless prologue nodes are left open?
    Agreed. It isn't about the 20 ISO, it's about just playing those battles again, even if you're not getting rewards. I have a daughter who always wants to play with Squirrel Girl... Am I supposed to start a new account, and keep playing on that until I get a Squirrel Girl cover for her to use? That sounds like a lot of time to spend that I would rather spend playing on my actual MPQ account. Leaving the nodes unlocked but not earning new rewards doesn't harm anyone. (Unless Demiurge really, really wants to stop people from prologue healing characters.)

I never cared about the 20 ISO and I'm glad to see it gone. But the OP (and this other post where people play the prologue over and over) just want those nodes unlocked and playable after rewards are earned.
  • This really is a bummer. My son knows that he can get on my phone or my wife's tablet and play the prologue nodes to his hearts content.

I don't care about the 20 ISO, you could give a crit boost, or NO reward - just leave them unlocked so my kid can play.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Der_Lex wrote:

Yes, I use this for letting my kids play around also. Would like to see this undone (love it for PvE, however).
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    thisone wrote:
    Guys can't give us a 24 hour period to enjoy without finding fault?

Boohoo I can't have my kids farm iso for me anymore lol...

Only kid here seems to be you.......
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please keep the conversation civil and on topic, only warning before thread gets locked
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    They had better have fixed the game not saving issue if prologue missions are gone. Too many times I've used kits and then left to do something else, only to come back to find my hulkbuster still needinh another 4 hours to heal and my kits are topped off. I've learned to always do the first prologue mission to make sure my kit usage was locked in.

Prologue missions were also a great place to make sure I got my daily 3* DP mission in in case I couldn't remember if I had already done it.