Hulkbuster punches the Marvel Universe

2»

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    avs962 wrote:
    *Emphasis Mine*

I agree with the last sentence wholeheartedly. I leveled up Doom after champions went live, because I had six covers of his. I also maxed Switch after the announcement because I use her ALLLL the time. I also recently maxed out Luke Cage, but for different reasons. Otherwise, I'm not gonna level up any 3*, no matter where they are leveled. I have plenty of 120s, 140s, and a 153, and that's where they're stay unless I magically received like 15 of their covers at once.

OML is going to be moving into the Classic tokens in the next 30 days (assuming another 5* is added). I'm grabbing every LT I can get before then to try for OML covers. That means getting one cover champions on 3* and 4*s.

I got my 6th OML cover (3/1/2) today from the 900K Galactus progression. I open about 15-20 LTs a season (and more recently because of championing), but I only accrue enough CP to open about 3-4 classic packs. Once OML is only available in the classic pack, I'm going to be averaging a new OML cover about once every 3-4 seasons instead of ~1 a season. (My surfer is going to be stuck at 9 covers for a very long time now that he's only available in the CP packs)

I've actually had decent luck with the LTs lately. Not that I'm getting a lot of 5*s for the number of LTs I've opened from progressions and championing, but I haven't opened a single Phoenix or BSS. It isn't that I don't want the other 5*s, it is just that OML is far and away the best one of them and I need to cover him quickly before his covers become impossible to obtain.
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

Confirming that there was an initial error with Iron Man (Hulkbuster) in The Gauntlet and the devs were able to push out a quick fix. This should be corrected now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Here's word from the dev team:
      "- The Gauntlet was launched with a miscalculation on Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Powered-Up levels. This has been corrected and everyone should now see him with the correct Powered-Up levels. - Enemy levels in The Gauntlet missions have been adjusted accordingly."

Thank you.

Exactly how were the enemies "adjusted accordingly"? My Hulkbuster dropped 110 levels, but the enemy levels stayed the same. I have level 195 enemies by sim 11 and over 200 the rest of the way. The only change is the challenge level went from trivial to easy. Woohoo!!

They start at level 245 in the second gauntlet, and 321 in the third. I at least had a chance until the "fix". Now I'm back to not liking my chances.

Since you are the forum manager you have to get this directed towards you, so I hope that you will pass a message to the devs for me. Tell them that sometimes it's okay to leave a mistake that benefits the players. Businesses do it all the time. We goofed, oh well, enjoy our mistake. This would be one of those times. It's not a cheat, it's not an exploit, it was just an extra boost to one character.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    rubix_qube wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

Confirming that there was an initial error with Iron Man (Hulkbuster) in The Gauntlet and the devs were able to push out a quick fix. This should be corrected now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Here's word from the dev team:
      "- The Gauntlet was launched with a miscalculation on Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Powered-Up levels. This has been corrected and everyone should now see him with the correct Powered-Up levels. - Enemy levels in The Gauntlet missions have been adjusted accordingly."

Thank you.

Exactly how were the enemies "adjusted accordingly"? My Hulkbuster dropped 110 levels, but the enemy levels stayed the same. I have level 195 enemies by sim 11 and over 200 the rest of the way. The only change is the challenge level went from trivial to easy. Woohoo!!

They start at level 245 in the second gauntlet, and 321 in the third. I at least had a chance until the "fix". Now I'm back to not liking my chances.

Since you are the forum manager you have to get this directed towards you, so I hope that you will pass a message to the devs for me. Tell them that sometimes it's okay to leave a mistake that benefits the players. Businesses do it all the time. We goofed, oh well, enjoy our mistake. This would be one of those times. It's not a cheat, it's not an exploit, it was just an extra boost to one character.

Those are actually fairly normal levels.. i am close to lvl 300 fights by sim 21
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Two additional factors for Championing:

- Does the character feed covers you want?
    - Is it useful to respec the character? Luke Cage, Kamala Khan, Blade, and Mystique are good examples of this, as their best builds depend on what you want to do in the situation (I took KK from 3/5/5 to 5/5/3 for Galactus).

Gotta emphasize this point. I like to respec my champs (i.e. moonie) depending on what I use the character for (pve/pvp) and who else is paired up on the team. Perfect example is Lthor. If you're using him for Black Panther's pvp, and you like to use BP yel, then you could respec Lthor to 535. Otherwise, you'll leave Lthor as 355.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I mentioned this in the post about the over leveled Galactus, too. Look how long it took the devs to fix that. How about 3 updates to give us the correct character boost?

Oh, but a bug is benefiting the player? Fixed the same day. Lovely stuff
  • rubix_qube wrote:

Maybe because you have a developed roster where bringing Hulkbuster back down doesn't affect your scaling?

I have 1 hulkbuster cover and an otherwise poorly developed roster, so seeing his level lowered brought back the general toughness of my enemy teams to manageable levels.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoic wrote:
    I mentioned this in the post about the over leveled Galactus, too. Look how long it took the devs to fix that. How about 3 updates to give us the correct character boost?

benefits the players until you hit that node with an ironman in it, then unless you have an iceman and/or 4cyke, good luck against that scaling.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    Azoic wrote:

benefits the players until you hit that node with an ironman in it, then unless you have an iceman and/or 4cyke, good luck against that scaling.
    But I think we both understand the point being made, which is they have the ability to fix these bugs/errors immediately, they just choose not to, for whatever reason. icon_neutral.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    But I think we both understand the point being made, which is they have the ability to fix these bugs/errors immediately, they just choose not to, for whatever reason. icon_neutral.gif
    Just want to +1 this post, which I have to do manually because for some reason I'm not allowed to rep Cypr3ss. Apparently you're not supposed to agree with someone too much around here.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    wuweird wrote:
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    Just want to +1 this post, which I have to do manually because for some reason I'm not allowed to rep Cypr3ss. Apparently you're not supposed to agree with someone too much around here.

Pretending all bugs/errors are equal isn't helpful.

Someone typo'd a number for Hulkbuster's boost level - easy fix.

All scaling across the event has gone South - That's probably more than just a single typo fix. Your whole algorithm is broken. Do you try to rush out an algorithm fix for the <1% of players that got high enough to experience the scaling issue, or do you ensure that the other 99% have a playable experience. Bearing in mind that fixinga single typo is easy and low risk, and rewriting the whole scaling algorithm is not.
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Bearing in mind that fixinga single typo is easy and low risk, and rewriting the whole scaling algorithm is not.
    Once more with feeling: if they don't have custom-built tools to see how scaling works for various rosters across the course of an entire event, then they're play-acting at being a professional company and just wasting everyone's time. I know the focus for them is on shilling new digital objects with an artificial scarcity and that nothing is going to be more important than that, but holy **** it'd be nice if they at least pretended the core game was somewhat important.

Not screwing up every. single. event. would go a long way to confirming that last point but it's been years now, so I'm done expecting it.
    Pretending all bugs/errors are equal isn't helpful.
    Pretending that each bug/error/screw-up happens in total isolation and the aggregate of such is in no way reflective of a deep level of incompetence is even less so.