Hulkbuster punches the Marvel Universe

Eddiemon
Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously, this Gauntlet seems broken. Hulkbuster just punched his way through the first two rounds without loss. I was picturing him as a Mad Cat mech just ploughing through infantry.

Of course any node that contains an Iron Man leaves me to contend with a pitiful roster against the 350+ opponents. And that hurts after all that Godlike ego boosting.

I worry what this has done to my rating though...

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    They fixed his massive over boost.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

I sank ALL of my iso into HB after seeing the boost. The second I do that, *poof*, gone. This game sometimes. . .
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    avs962 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I sank ALL of my iso into HB after seeing the boost. The second I do that, *poof*, gone. This game sometimes. . .

That is never wasted Iso, even not boosted.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    avs962 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Quoted for troof
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    So, I have six Mystique covers in my queue, first one expiring in mere hours. I need 89K to max and champ my 131 Mystique. Conversely, I have a 11 cover HB who needs love.

Are you saying I shouldn't bother with maxing and champing Mystique to get those champ covers and instead I should take that 89K + the 3K for selling 6 Mystique cover and put it toward my IMHB? Or maybe even my OML?
  • avs962
    Malcrof wrote:
    avs962 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I was waiting to get enough to max him in one shot from 166. He's incredibly less useful at 4/4/5 than the normal 5/5/3, so I'm not in a better place immediately after spending.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad wrote:
    So, I have six Mystique covers in my queue, first one expiring in mere hours. I need 89K to max and champ my 131 Mystique. Conversely, I have a 11 cover HB who needs love.

Are you saying I shouldn't bother with maxing and champing Mystique to get those champ covers and instead I should take that 89K + the 3K for selling 6 Mystique cover and put it toward my IMHB? Or maybe even my OML?

IMO, any 3* that you don't actively use outside of their pvp or when they're essential, is not worth leveling for the sake of championing alone.

As for the HB? depends on which 11 covers you have. Generally speaking he needs 5 in either red or black to be useful (ideally both, of course.)
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Malcrof wrote:

What was he boosted to? He's still level 373 for me.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Buret0 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

He was around 437 for me doing over 2100 per ap on his red ability
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

About 450. 60K health, 1200 strike tiles and 2000+ dmg per red ap. Huge difference.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    So.... They manage to fix an overboost to a character within minutes, but take days to fix an overboosted Galactus & didn't even bother to fix the broken Lightning Rounds.

Really?
  • madsalad
    Der_Lex wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

IMO, any 3* that you don't actively use outside of their pvp or when they're essential, is not worth leveling for the sake of championing alone.

As for the HB? depends on which 11 covers you have. Generally speaking he needs 5 in either red or black to be useful (ideally both, of course.)

Currently 3/3/5. Trying to beat Rd 8 to get another cover but it ain't looking good.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

This. I did max Mystique sometime last year, and I play her when she's boosted - that's it. If you're swimming in Iso, sure, you should max out your 3* roster to better collect rewards from those covers. But if you're working on your 4* roster, level them first.

The first cover gives you a Legendary Token, which is nice, but after that the added levels don't make a huge difference (at least not until you get a whole heck of a lot of them,) and the rewards are nice, but hardly essential. Speaking for myself, I leveled exactly one 3* during my Champion craze (HT, 'cause he was boosted, and I had a lot of covers for him, and he was already 153,) the rest of my 3*s are sitting where they are until I get a lot more 4*s to 270.
  • avs962
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

This. I did max Mystique sometime last year, and I play her when she's boosted - that's it. If you're swimming in Iso, sure, you should max out your 3* roster to better collect rewards from those covers. But if you're working on your 4* roster, level them first.

The first cover gives you a Legendary Token, which is nice, but after that the added levels don't make a huge difference (at least not until you get a whole heck of a lot of them,) and the rewards are nice, but hardly essential. Speaking for myself, I leveled exactly one 3* during my Champion craze (HT, 'cause he was boosted, and I had a lot of covers for him, and he was already 153,) the rest of my 3*s are sitting where they are until I get a lot more 4*s to 270.
    *Emphasis Mine*

I agree with the last sentence wholeheartedly. I leveled up Doom after champions went live, because I had six covers of his. I also maxed Switch after the announcement because I use her ALLLL the time. I also recently maxed out Luke Cage, but for different reasons. Otherwise, I'm not gonna level up any 3*, no matter where they are leveled. I have plenty of 120s, 140s, and a 153, and that's where they're stay unless I magically received like 15 of their covers at once.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:

I've gone the other way and really slowed my 4* progression to get Champions.

While you are right that the Legendary token is the big gift at the start, the fact that they are ISO neutral compared to selling the covers but generate HP,CP,covers and extra tokens without reducing my ISO income means that levelling them now is an investment in my reward income over the coming 12 months.

Whereas as long as you have a 270 HB and a championed Iron Fist you don't really need any other 4 stars. Jean Grey, Iceman and Rulk are all good to get up if you have the covers but beyond that there aren't any that would justify holding off on Championing. Most of my 4 stars are sitting at the level they could beat DDQ 4 at in 3 tries.
    (Except Flaptain, because he never won.)
  • madsalad
    Thank you all for the feedback. I was leaning toward just using the ISO toward OML or IMHB but the 6 covers was taunting me.

I might save some to lvl Ant-Man for the next Crash of the Titans.

Considering I've been riding my lvl 285 OML to 1K finishes in PVP, that might be a good investment but IMHB needs some serious love, even at 11 covers.

The way I look at it, maxing either one of these two to whatever level available will help me in the long run because I will be able to do better quicker and earn more ISO/covers to help max out the low-end dummies eventually.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Two additional factors for Championing:

- Does the character feed covers you want?
    - Is it useful to respec the character? Luke Cage, Kamala Khan, Blade, and Mystique are good examples of this, as their best builds depend on what you want to do in the situation (I took KK from 3/5/5 to 5/5/3 for Galactus).
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would send towards IMHB or OML if you have the covers. Especially if you have a cover expiring soon that you won't be able to use for championing. There's always the next time they roll around. I'm personally debating on if I should level Luke Cage or just dump more ISO into X-23 who has been more of a help to me lately than Luke.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two additional factors for Championing:

- Does the character feed covers you want?
    - Is it useful to respec the character? Luke Cage, Kamala Khan, Blade, and Mystique are good examples of this, as their best builds depend on what you want to do in the situation (I took KK from 3/5/5 to 5/5/3 for Galactus).

These are both very true things, but I would add for the 3*s it's going to take a long time to feed the next character - 17 Covers is the first 4*. That's all the covers you used to make the character +4. Sure, 3* covers flow fast, but not that fast.

For comparison, my highest level character right now is Blade (and, ironically enough, Mystique) at 178 - I'm still 5 levels away from the next character they feed. I anticipate at least a month or two, since neither will be featured in PVE or PVP for a long, long time.

The respec thing is awesome, though. I suspect Gamora will be one of my first ones to level up from 153 (you know, in a few months when I'm happy with my 4*s,) just because she benefits from the respec very well.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hello everyone,

Confirming that there was an initial error with Iron Man (Hulkbuster) in The Gauntlet and the devs were able to push out a quick fix. This should be corrected now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Here's word from the dev team:
      "- The Gauntlet was launched with a miscalculation on Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Powered-Up levels. This has been corrected and everyone should now see him with the correct Powered-Up levels. - Enemy levels in The Gauntlet missions have been adjusted accordingly."

Thank you.