ISO 20. No More?

2»

Comments

• Between this and them experimenting with the scaling, they're looking at the things we're clambouring for at last!

Thank you devs!
  • I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

While I would prefer the 4/4 followed by 20ISO reward mechanic, if D3 has removed 20ISO rewards, I will gladly grind nodes to 1 at the end of subs for zero ISO per match... Gladly.

The 20ISO reward is dead... long live the 20ISO reward!

DBC
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe I'm not understanding something... on the 8th turn you get nothing... not even 20 Iso? Is the 7 guarantees intended to make up for the nothing you get for 8+ clears? I'm not sure how many times I've ever cleared a single node in PVE, but on a 48 hour sub, it seems like it would definitely be more than 7 times.

I see the joy in now having 7 guarantees, but I don't understand the feeling that 0 is okay after 7... Help me out here.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Take what you can get man...I'm with Drummerboy here, I will gladly sacrifice a few 20 ISO rewards while grinding down a sub to never, ever again have to see 20 ISO pop up while 1/4 rewards have been earned, especially when that 1 was the damn Crit boost.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Maybe I'm not understanding something... on the 8th turn you get nothing... not even 20 Iso? Is the 7 guarantees intended to make up for the nothing you get for 8+ clears? I'm not sure how many times I've ever cleared a single node in PVE, but on a 48 hour sub, it seems like it would definitely be more than 7 times.

I see the joy in now having 7 guarantees, but I don't understand the feeling that 0 is okay after 7... Help me out here.

Yep, nothing. It went staight back to the main screen.

Speaking for myself, I play PVE seriously but do not grind down to nothing - I generally shoot for top 50 if possible. So that's 3 hits plus probably another 3-4 more at the end. This is a godsend - it means that I'll get a number of rewards from the nodes and if I really want to get all the rewards, I can do it. Even if they go back to 4 rewards, that's still awesome - I leave rewards behind all the time because of the point values and difficulty of the nodes.

People who grind down to nothing on every node will probably be negatively affected, though I suspect not much. 20 Iso takes a long time to add up, and I'm sure they have left rewards behind too.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I do fear that this won't continue into regular, competitive PvE events out of some irrational fear that their precious bracketing system will somehow be adversely affected by it...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to agree with Grim, even on a 48 hour sub there is very little downside here. How many times have you hit a node 7 times and received 1/4 or 2/4 rewards? Just one extra 100 iso reward earned makes up for 5 20iso flops. Unless they, in turn, reduce rewards so there are no more 500 & 250 iso rewards and replace them all with 70s and 100s, then this will be a benefit both in hard iso numbers and mentally.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    If this is true, I think its great! Thank D3 for listening to us!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I have to agree with Grim, even on a 48 hour sub there is very little downside here. How many times have you hit a node 7 times and received 1/4 or 2/4 rewards? Just one extra 100 iso reward earned makes up for 5 20iso flops. Unless they, in turn, reduce rewards so there are no more 500 & 250 iso rewards and replace them all with 70s and 100s, then this will be a benefit both in hard iso numbers and mentally.
    This right tinykitty here.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dang. The last node had the CP and one other reward, but the side node has CP and six others. My luck, I played it four times now and didn't win the cp.

Please, please, please, make all CP nodes only two rewards. The last node of gauntlet one is the perfect solution. The one with seven rewards, while better than the old 20 ISO, still isn't good.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    This is an amazing change! Thank you D3!

I'm having a tough time believing this is true. Something tells me it's a Gauntlet only change and the regular PvE's will adopt the feature over the next 16 months.
  • Check the announcements. It's true. ISO 20, no more.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:

I think this is one of those "improving lifestyle" changes. My wife and kids are very much for this one. If you are going for top 10 or higher, sure you need to ground each node to dust, but for the rest of us, we are happy just getting the guarantee. So now, if I get the 200, 100 and CP from the last node, I may not worry about the 100, 70, 70 critical boosts because I can make those up in prologue farming in much less time (even if it is 20 Iso at a time). Just think, some people don't need the ISO, they just want the CP. Now they are guaranteed to get it with max 7 clears. I have ground a node to the point where I received 1 point 7 times before I got the CP (that means I did that node 13+ times at the very end not counting the 3 times I did it before). Enjoy this and go outside and smell the roses. This is a GOOD thing.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    a
    And the people rejoiced! I'll take guaranteed rewards then nothing gladly, every event, every time and I will sing the devs praises naked from the rooftops until the police taze me down! Please let this be true and permanent!
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:

They added three extra 100 iso rewards. If you don't play a node more than 19 times, you're coming out ahead versus getting 20 iso after getting all rewards.
  • Jeh64
    Jeh64 Posts: 22
    Just got a daily update, no more 20 iso!!
  • Oh dear brethren, hear me, for today it is a glorious day!

For the lord has smote the devil that terrorizes us!

Tonight we feast on ISO-8 and Crit Boosts!

(And possibly outrageously crazy scaling issues to overcompensate, thus rendering the whole thing moot)
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    *sniff*

What a time to be alive.