ISO 20. No More?

Marine8394
Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So just for giggles I ground the first three nodes of Gauntlet for every reward, and I never popped a 20 ISO. Not once. 21 straight rewards. Is 20 ISO gone?

Comments

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Please don't tease me.
  • Marine8394
    I kid u not. Not once.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's hoping!
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    No, I've just been getting them all so you don't have to. You're welcome
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2016
    I also heard from a reliable source that the 20 ISO reward has been removed as of today. The question is why does D3 choose to silently release the most requested features instead of announcing it from the rooftops? They also did not announce when they added the strongest color to abilities like XFW black and that was a widely requested feature.
  • Malcrof
    And on the 8th clear you receive.....norhing? Does node lock after 7?

And on the 8th clear, he rested.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I got a 20 ISO drop during my 2nd galactus clear today so I would imagine 20 ISO is still here to piss me off.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Cabol wrote:
    I got a 20 ISO drop during my 2nd galactus clear today so I would imagine 20 ISO is still here to piss me off.

They probably weren't able to patch it in on Galactus since it is already running but Gauntlet just started.
  • Malcrof
    Just went 7/7 twice myself, no more 20 iso!
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

So what did you get?
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

So what did you get?
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's been in progress for a little bit - I noticed a few PvEs ago when I was aiming for CP rewards that I was getting a lot fewer 20 iso rewards. I didn't really do enough testing to actually confirm though.
  • Marine8394
    Make it 28 straight, and not one single solitary ISO 20. Please let this not be a glitch.
  • So does the 8th go give nothing or does the node lock?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    8th Clear gives you nothing, apparently. I think it was this that broke the PVP rewards. I hit "Simulation 02" 8 times to try it.

Wow. This is such a positive change. In an abstract sense, I know it won't make a tremendous difference, maybe a k or 2 a day, but there's nothing like the feeling of going through a hard node, have your team torn up to shreds by some bad luck, and seeing the "20 Iso" reward pop up. Seriously, it made me want to stop playing the game entirey.

I hope this is a permanent fix. I can't imagine them not going forward with this...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    really hope all pve nodes get this update. 4 clears/sub with no 20iso, i'll play nearly every one to the LT.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    really hope all pve nodes get this update. 4 clears/sub with no 20iso, i'll play nearly every one to the LT.

Hey, if we're lucky they'll keep it at 7! But I'll take 4. So long as 20 Iso is dead.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    So does the 8th go give nothing or does the node lock?

After claiming all rewards, you appear to get absolutely nothing.

The points screen comes up, so in non gauntlet situations, I'd assume you still get progression points.

Does anyone know how ones that reward CP work (does gauntlet have any)? Are there seven other things you still could win each time? My concern is we'll still end up with potentially 8 replays to get one CP.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    from what I heard the last node of sub1 has 2 awards, cp and 500iso, so not so bad there.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    from what I heard the last node of sub1 has 2 awards, cp and 500iso, so not so bad there.

One to two clears for CP, guaranteed? If so, well done devs. I might actually consider lifting my boycott and get in on the HP sale.