Red Shift Too Hard?

Unknown
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it just me or is this PVP RIDICULOUSLY hard!? i am literally getting CREAMED time an time again by f****** ridiculous teams of jean grey, hulkbuster and scarlet witch who are like level 350 million. I've tried various maxed out teams with no success at all!

and this is new match making!????

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    bustapup wrote:
    and this is new match making!????
    No, it's not.
    The MMR test starts next week.

So you can look forward to getting CREAMED by teams running a championed Creepsicle all next week.
  • oh fantastic *sobs*
  • in fact...the problem isnt matchmaking....it is (and always has been) the ridiculous cascades the AI gets time an time again to fuel all their powers and just wipe you out.

Just had my Maxed (and championed by one level) scarlet witch, with Maxed 3* Thor who is buffed and Championed Xforce Wolvie.....get absolutely DESTROYED by S.W, Thora and X-Force wolvie. Almost identical teams yet I was able to fire off ONE X-force attack whilst they did power surge, surgical strike, two smites and a reality crush!?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Maybe its just your bracket.
    I got top 25 just fine in mine.
  • i usually get top 25 (used to always get top 5 so dno what the hell happened there lol) but yeah maybe a tough bracket.... fones nearly been smashed a few times and for some reason, i can no longer rage-quit when im being destroyed lol
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I came in 13th with 1200+ points in Slice 1. Though, when I shielded at 1100+ and cooled down for about 30 minutes prior to the last battle or two at the 10-minute out mark, I was flipping through nodes to find some battles worth good points for low effort. I almost logged into the game via Google Games so I could take a video of me flipping through nodes. I must have flipped through 30+ nodes, all of them Jeanbuster + SW. And, of course, this was THE GO TO team for this event, even more so over other events, because you knew the opposing team was forced to use SW, whose passive power frequently makes Match 5.
  • ^^^ too true...... plus when THEY get a 5-match it triggers a cascade that seems to fill em almost to capacity so then you're done for!

INFURIATING!
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    bustapup wrote:
    in fact...the problem isnt matchmaking....it is (and always has been) the ridiculous cascades the AI gets time an time again to fuel all their powers and just wipe you out.

What a crazy coincidence! I was just lurking in the AI forum and the AI said the same exact thing about us.

Ai was saying it loses 95% of the time to the players mostly due to us getting ridiculous cascades. Not to mention the AI thinks we cheat when we make an L shape match 5.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    bustapup wrote:
    in fact...the problem isnt matchmaking....it is (and always has been) the ridiculous cascades the AI gets time an time again to fuel all their powers and just wipe you out.

What a crazy coincidence! I was just lurking in the AI forum and the AI said the same exact thing about us.

Ai was saying it loses 95% of the time to the players mostly due to us getting ridiculous cascades. Not to mention the AI thinks we cheat when we make an L shape match 5.

I will quote and upvote. I expect that everybody complaining about unfair cascades for AI is loosing on purpose when they get a nice cascade themselves. That would allow you not to be hypocrites.

As for PvP itself - took me less than hour to reach 850 points using Angels. You have to skip Jean but you can eat anybody else. I didn't want to push for Iceman so I have shielded there. It's a **** defense team but very fast on offence when SW or GSBW are boosted.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make sure you kill SW first. Otherwise you'll be in for a world of endless cascades and stuns.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    For only the third time ever I broke the 1,000 barrier (and that's with 537 days played) so I'm pretty happy icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    My super-boosted level 353 Carnage has 28k health and has a red that does 8800/3275. He helped me get to 1300 in this PvP for only my 2nd time ever. Looking forward to 1300 again in BP PvP before I start getting creamed by boosted Iceman next week.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    From what I gather, it's ridiculously hard because you're performing well.

I'm in the same boat. I have championed 3* characters for the previous two PvP events (Smash and Shift). After the seed teams, most of my options are maxed out 4* rosters. I used to be able to place top 50, occasionally top 5 when I had a synergistic setup. The last couple events I'm not even top 100.

From what I gather on the boards, your previous success factors in to you PvP scaling - if you're routinely placing top 10, you're going to get lumped in with other top-10 teams, which generally consist of monster 4*s. If you haven't been doing so well, you get lumped in with other people that haven't been doing so well - mid-level 3*s or transitioners thereof.

The upshot is - if you want an easier tier, start entering events and purposely place low. Your "performance" metric will get bumped down and you'll be matched up with similar performances after the seed teams. If you continually grind for a top spot you're going to keep getting matched with the top tier, and you'll continually wind up where you currently are.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I purposely re-specc'd my Champ JG to 5/5/3, loads of defensive wins against people trying winfinite.. Rarely use IMHB anymore now that i have OML.. but even with my team, this was my lowest score of the season.. Not too hard, but really competitive, and snipey.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    It's a sign, you need to come back to Stans. icon_lol.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was the most awesome event ever.

I put Prof X with KK and of course SW. Purple was my strongest power. It was absolute carnage.

I've never played a 2 colour team before, and I was worried it would be too limited but it mowed through opposition.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    It was an obvious JG play. If you weren't running a JG, you got picked off. Mine is always 5/5/3 for PvP, and it certainly helped, but it was a very tough event.

I didn't feel like respecing my SW from 5/3/5, so I just kept skipping JGs and picking off anyone running other teams. I had PX for awhile, but his health is just too low. a 5* breaks up Charlie's Angels pretty quick, and all I was seeing were 5*s and JG.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    It was an obvious JG play. If you weren't running a JG, you got picked off. Mine is always 5/5/3 for PvP, and it certainly helped, but it was a very tough event.

I didn't feel like respecing my SW from 5/3/5, so I just kept skipping JGs and picking off anyone running other teams. I had PX for awhile, but his health is just too low. a 5* breaks up Charlie's Angels pretty quick, and all I was seeing were 5*s and JG.
    I ran Rulk and IMHB (both maxed) and never got attacked (outside of the two cupcakes I baked).
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everything was fine until you ran into the wall of JG/IMHB.

Especially JG, you can't really do anything since you're forced to use a character who basically relies on 5-match (unless you downgraded her blue which ugh). And since she stomps on everything already, made it a pretty hard PVP indeed when you are stuck actively helping the enemy team.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    It was painful at first but once you learned how to manage it, it was okay. If fighting a JG team, match away your own CD tiles until you can take her out. Bringing in someone with a blue outlet to take advantage of the extra blue AP helped.