Thanks for the sale!

2»

Comments

• Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    From https://d3go.com/marvel-puzzle-quest-special-offer/:
    MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST SPECIAL GOOGLE PLAY OFFER

Happy Lunar New Year! From now through February 11th, Marvel Puzzle Quest players on Google Play can receive a 100% bonus to their purchase of Logan’s Loonies and Hidden Stash (one-time only)! That’s 5,800 Hero Points and/or 26,400 Iso-8 to help you recruit or level up your favorite Marvel Super Heroes and Villains!

So, looks like the advert on other platforms was in error.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Bah. Thanks for filling us in on that. Wonder why they can't make these kind of things cross-platform, since now I don't want to buy anything knowing that someone else is getting a much better deal. I know it sounds petty, but that's how it is.
  • elusive wrote:
    Bah. Thanks for filling us in on that. Wonder why they can't make these kind of things cross-platform, since now I don't want to buy anything knowing that someone else is getting a much better deal. I know it sounds petty, but that's how it is.
    I'm not sure, but I think this is funded by Google, to encourage you to play on Android rather than iOS?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tin foil hat time: This is not funded by Google, but is an A/B test to see how much more people will spend when it is a "limited time offer". Much like an idea I saw posted here last week, they're testing a way to get the non-whales to kick in more routinely. Once a month/quarter/whatever they decide, this sale will run on all platforms and everyone will jump on it. This is another part of why direct buying of covers with hp was removed.

I really liked the orig idea from last week of the once a month purchase being a "bundle" of goods type thing. $20 for 4k hp, 10,000 iso, 5 each of +2 all and +20% all boosts. Something like that. That would require reworking the store though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I really liked the orig idea from last week of the once a month purchase being a "bundle" of goods type thing. $20 for 4k hp, 10,000 iso, 5 each of +2 all and +20% all boosts. Something like that. That would require reworking the store though.
    even better, can have 6-8 of whatever you wish - any combination/groups of 1K hp, 5K iso, boost bundle, etc. I might actually buy a little iso here or there if I could actually get a good sale (at least double current offers). I'd be a sucker for $20 or less.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    It's a Google sale, and if you bought HP or ISO (yeah right) just before and can prove it they will recompense you.
    We apologize for any confusion or frustration regarding the issue, and any inconvenience it may have caused. To clarify, the sale is not hosted by Marvel Puzzle Quest but by the Google Play App Store for their Lunar New Year sale. Due to this, only players who have an account on an Android device or have access to the Google Play App Store have access to the Lunar New Year sale. We again apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kojubat wrote:
    From https://d3go.com/marvel-puzzle-quest-special-offer/:
    MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST SPECIAL GOOGLE PLAY OFFER

Happy Lunar New Year! From now through February 11th, Marvel Puzzle Quest players on Google Play can receive a 100% bonus to their purchase of Logan’s Loonies and Hidden Stash (one-time only)! That’s 5,800 Hero Points and/or 26,400 Iso-8 to help you recruit or level up your favorite Marvel Super Heroes and Villains!

So, looks like the advert on other platforms was in error.

Man these guys are just completely dumb, what a week, mistake after bug, after mistake... They really dont test anything.

And thankyou D3 for completely ignore iOs and Steam users, which we NEVER get these type of sales. Fantastic way of treating half of yours customers!
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Polares wrote:
    They really dont test anything.
    That's what I said!!

However the PR people don't like it when u call out things they do badly (or, u know, don't bother with)....
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    I think what this confirms is they don't do play testing, they just don't bother.
    This is incorrect. Please refrain from posting speculation as if it were fact. Both in-house and external testing takes place.
    Unfortunately actions speak louder than words.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Polares wrote:
    And thankyou D3 for completely ignore iOs and Steam users, which we NEVER get these type of sales. Fantastic way of treating half of yours customers!

Uhm.....YOU'RE KIDDING, right?

This is literally ONLY the second time that a Google has ever offered a sale. Ever. Apple did several, just last year.

Wat?
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    As a steam person, I would like to request we too get a sale of some sort. With the addition of champions and all the LTs I have opened since the change, Iso has become as rare as a pear Jelly Belly in a mix bag. I would like to invest in some Iso to help with 4* progression, but 100$ to not even get a 3* done is not a good investment. If 100$ doesn't even get 100k Iso then I feel like an idiot buying it. Perhaps a permanent change to pricing is in order? But at least a significant sale after such a drastic change seems reasonable, thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only sale Steam gets is when the DLC goes on offer.
    And the only one worth purchasing is the biggest one, because the other two equal exactly the same amount as a regular sale.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    They had had some decent discounts on the steam "dlc" near release and a few times during steam event sales. 66% off either of the two bigger ones was pretty good, even if you figure the iso part of the package is vastly overpriced. Unfortunately, those sales stopped happening and were one offs anyway once you bought the dlc. Between the absence of steam specific sales and the lack of discounted steam credit vs android and itunes credit, steams definitely the most expensive to play on.
  • Edit. Found the answer. Think I'm going blind!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm - I play Puzzle Quest on an iPad Mini 2, and back the game up via Facebook. I also have an old original Nexus 7 that doesn't get much use. I wonder if I could load Puzzle Quest on it, take advantage of the sale, then shift back to playing it on my iPad. Any possible complications in doing such a thing?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well Hero points lost a good chunk of value and ISO is still too embarrassingly priced.
  • northnorth
    northnorth Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Hmm - I play Puzzle Quest on an iPad Mini 2, and back the game up via Facebook. I also have an old original Nexus 7 that doesn't get much use. I wonder if I could load Puzzle Quest on it, take advantage of the sale, then shift back to playing it on my iPad. Any possible complications in doing such a thing?

I did this for the year end sale. I have my ipad and android phone linked to facebook. Switched to android, got the sale and when i linked back to the ipad it showed the HP i bought.