Are you getting rewards for PVP? [Merged Thread]

GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Someone filed a topic under "Bugs and Technical issues" but I thought I'd ask out here, as not many people are adding to it. Are you getting PVP rewards? I went through about 400 points in "Red Shift" and I seemed to be getting rewards, then I played the Lighting Rounds for about 10 to 15 fights and litterally got nothing but the "Victory Bonus" and the progression rewards. Then when I thought about it, I noticed that all the rewards I got from "Red Shift" were 1* and 2* covers, so I played 5 more rounds and got... just 1* and 2* covers (and one straight-up 250 Iso.) I then fought 4 more fights in the LRs and got nothing. Right now I've got three theories:

- Season PVP and LRs are both bugged - Season PVP is rewarding everything but 70 and 140 Iso, Lightning Rounds are rewarding nothing.

- 70 and 140 Iso are bugged - they reward nothing, and it's a coincidence I got rewards from Season PVP and nothing from the LRs.

- The Lighting Rounds are bugged but the Seasonal PVPs are not, and again it's a coincidence I got consistent draws.

I figured I throw that out here to get more data - what are you getting from "Red Shift" and/or the Season Simulator? What are you getting from the Lighting Rounds?

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't started red shift but I am getting LR rewards.
  • GrimSkald
    Huh. I wonder if it's OS based. I would have expected more of an uproar if it was widespread.

Here's the topic, btw:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39005
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2016
    edit: NM, read through the bugs thread.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    I noticed this as well. on LR you still get the progression rewards but after each round it just brings you to the nodes screen and no ISO rewards for 70 or 140 ISOs.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, no ISO awards at all. I did get my 30 ISO bonus for not skipping though.

Wonderful. So is the "fix" going to be where they hand out a tiny amount of ISO based on the average participation like last time? I usually clean up on these lightning rounds and now my main source of ISO for the week is gone.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got nothing but 1* climbing to 300 yesterday in Red Shift, but it's not the first time that's happened in a PvP, so I didn't really think anything of it. I'll keep an eye on it but honestly, nothing but covers is better than periodic 70/140 rewards.
  • GrimSkald
    woopie wrote:
    I think it's the new award screen. I didn't think I got my alliance Nova cover, but I checked a little bit ago and it was just sitting there

Maybe? I decided to see if I could spot if they gave me the Iso without notifying me. I tracked my Iso, entered the LRs the moment it started, and ran through the seed teams.

I got through 8 seed teams - I drew 7 2*s and 1 1*, so that didn't give me any data other than it's not exclusively the Lightning Rounds that are bugged. I'm not complaining, but that's really weird. Seriously, 5 2*s in a row, a 1*, then another 2*? That's statistically possible, but highly unlikely. Nice, though. That makes up for the 6 odd fights with just 30 iso (probably) that I did before.

I may do some more, but more likely I'll wait until 4pm.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    woopie wrote:
    I think it's the new award screen. I didn't think I got my alliance Nova cover, but I checked a little bit ago and it was just sitting there

Maybe? I decided to see if I could spot if they gave me the Iso without notifying me. I tracked my Iso, entered the LRs the moment it started, and ran through the seed teams.

I got through 8 seed teams - I drew 7 2*s and 1 1*, so that didn't give me any data other than it's not exclusively the Lightning Rounds that are bugged. I'm not complaining, but that's really weird. Seriously, 5 2*s in a row, a 1*, then another 2*? That's statistically possible, but highly unlikely. Nice, though. That makes up for the 6 odd fights with just 30 iso (probably) that I did before.

I may do some more, but more likely I'll wait until 4pm.

No, I ran through the first 5 seed teams and tracked my ISO with each one.

I got 0 covers and 0 ISO. I did get the 30 bonus ISO for not skipping and I did get the progression awards. So I'm out a minimum of 350 ISO for those 5 fights. I wish I got covers instead, that sounds better than the nothing I got.
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    No 70 and 140 rewards. Only the 30 iso. I've been keeping track of my iso before every battle to check.
    I only received 1* and 2* covers after few battles.

Very annoying and frustrating especially nowadays that iso is more valuable than water.

I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    I'm on iOS, and not getting anything except for the 30 ISO for not skipping, plus the progression rewards. So, basically 500 ISO per LR? This is ridiculous. I normally bank 25k-30k ISO each week from LRs, now I'll be lucky to break 10K. This needs to get fixed ASAP. There's already an ISO drought, and now you've taken away the rain clouds that come every Tuesday-Thursday.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I managed 8 seed teams in the last lightning round (Doom). Here's what I got (besides progressions which are working fine)
    1.No reward
    2. No reward
    3. No reward
    4. No reward
    5. No reward
    6. No reward
    7. 2* Bullseye
    8. 2* Daken.

It's very much like when during anniversary week PVPs that were supposed to reward double iso, but the iso rewards were broken. Maybe they were trying to surprise us with a double iso week and messed it up again?

Orion wrote:
    Nope, no ISO awards at all. I did get my 30 ISO bonus for not skipping though.

Wonderful. So is the "fix" going to be where they hand out a tiny amount of ISO based on the average participation like last time? I usually clean up on these lightning rounds and now my main source of ISO for the week is gone.

You're assuming any compensation at all.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    gotta say this is terrible timing for my upcoming iceman and jean pvp covers which I was planning on grinding to get them maxed by the time they expire. this basically kills those chances unless fixed real soon.

edit: posted to the bugs thread:
    TxMoose wrote:
    decided to log my doom LR. great news. got 10 seeds. the rest is terrible....
    match 1. seed. drop = boosts, +progression 140iso
    match 2. seed. drop = nothing, +progression std token
    match 3. seed. drop = nothing, +progression 250iso
    match 4. seed. drop = nothing
    match 5. seed. drop = nothing
    match 6. seed. drop = nothing
    match 7. seed. drop = nothing
    match 8. seed. drop = boosts
    match 9. seed. drop = 2* axwolverine
    match 10. seed. drop = nothing
    match 11. real team. drop = nothing, progression std token

got all the 30 isos for consecutive matches. sold the 2 1*s and the axw cover, so altogether netted 1170 iso, which is horrible - less than half of what I'd normally get. I do 12+ LRs every week either to 250 if I can't play at the end or to t50 if I can, which lately has been in the low-mid 300s. until this is fixed, ROI (time vs iso) on LRs has plummeted. add in pvps and this will cost ~20K iso/week. with iceman and jean covers incoming, this is terrible timing.

edit2: since it was mentioned, ios - iphone.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    All i was getting was cover rewards in LR's, not a single blank or iso... SW pvp working fine.. maybe OS / Device specific?
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    In the last lightning round, after each battle i got a cover, 1* or 2*. Never got 70, 140 or 250 iso.
    So they might found this as a temporary solution to the problem.
  • GrimSkald
    I can definitely say that I haven't gotten a single 70 or 140 Iso since I started tracking this. Right now I'm currently drawing nothing but covers, which is extremely strange. The 2* proportion seems to be high, too.

I think I'll start tracking it fully. At this point my first LR was completely bugged, everything I've done since then has gotten me a 1* or 2* cover.
  • GrimSkald
    In the last lightning round, after each battle i got a cover, 1* or 2*. Never got 70, 140 or 250 iso.
    So they might found this as a temporary solution to the problem.

250 Iso really don't come up much - even under normal circumstances it comes up less than 5% of the time. It may or may not be affected - I did get a 250 Iso in "Red Shift" today, I'm pretty sure I did not get a 70 or 140 Iso at all today.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Last LR I got 7 2*'s and 1*, no Iso except the 30 for not skipping (excluding progression Iso).

Definitely more 2*'s than I usually draw. I play on Steam if that helps the data.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not even getting covers. Just the 30 iso for not skipping
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    D3: people aren't buying enough ISO
    Demiurge: well where are they getting it from?
    D3: a lot of people are farming LRs for it.
    Demiurge: I'll fix that and throw in some level 667 snipers in Galactus.
  • GrimSkald
    After my first LR I've been getting nothing but covers - so far 9 1* covers and 12 2* covers.

At this point my theory is that sometimes the PVP is glitched completely and doesn't award anything - if it isn't it awards only 1* and 2* covers and possibly 250 Iso. 250 Iso is probably at the normal percentage, it looks like the covers are 50/50 but I don't have enough data to tell with any authority.

Has anyone who has been getting nothing also gotten this on their second LR?
This discussion has been closed.