Am I imagining it or.....

Comments

• Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Seriously, galactus is probably the most flexible event there is.

You just need to find 20 min in a 8 hour window, and those 20 min don't even have to be consecutive. If you can find that, you have the same chance as everybody else to get the rewards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am over 500k now and don't think I will have any issue with this event hitting 900k? What helped was I did a clear of everything but Nova since I did not have him then the next level unlocked and I did a full clear. I want to say the nodes are unlocking when your alliance clears. Level or the new missions unlock. Other than the fact the scaling went through to roof it has been an easy climb so far
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:

You just need to find 20 min in a 8 hour window, and those 20 min don't even have to be consecutive. If you can find that, you have the same chance as everybody else to get the rewards.

20 minutes? I'm guessing you aren't on Level 6 then.

If you dont have access to Wi-Fi, it doesn't matter how much time you have free.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:

If you dont have access to Wi-Fi, it doesn't matter how much time you have free.

Correct, I'm on level 7. And how is it the games fault that you don't have a data package or wifi?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    No access to Wi-Fi in work. Do people actively go looking for a Wi-Fi connection on their lunch break?

With suitable time slices, this wouldn't be an issue.

We've had reports of people trying to fit their clears in while driving, among other ways they've bent over backwards to fit the game in.

I think "finding a wi-fi spot" is probably a common one, yeah.

Whatever you do, never mention to support that you attempted anything at a red light, or a traffic jam.. not even just opening tokens.. trust me on this.
  • Nick441234
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:

Correct, I'm on level 7. And how is it the games fault that you don't have a data package or wifi?

There is no way you are beating Galactus 6 times and the nodes 5 in 20 minutes.

Its the games fault as there should be time slices so we can still play the game to our schedule rather than what they decide we should be playing to.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:

Its the games fault as there should be time slices so we can still play the game to our schedule rather than what they decide we should be playing to.
    How would time slices help in this situation? You can play Galactus whenever it suits you.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    How would time slices help in this situation? You can play Galactus whenever it suits you.
    [/quote]

Like Quebbster said, Time slices are irrelevant in galactus because:

1. In any 8 hr period, you are limited to a max 6 attempts at galactus. This is the same situation in either slice 1 or slice 5.
    2. your actually cooperating with members in the alliance for max total score, so time slices neither help nor hurt alliances.
  • Nick441234
    Quebbster wrote:

Not between the hours of 9-5, I cant. Thats why I always choose the 11pm time slice as that way I'm not scheduled to play at any point between 9-5.
  • Phumade
    Not between the hours of 9-5, I cant. Thats why I always choose the 11pm time slice as that way I'm not scheduled to play at any point between 9-5.

So this is the benefit of the galactus event. You can play at 8 and 6 and still be on the same clearing cycle as everyone else.
    As long as you clear all the nodes once every 8 hours, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN YOU CLEAR (At most you will only miss 1 attack on galactus).

Adhering to the rigid 8hr refresh schedule is only important because in normal PVE, each node refreshes points continually. I.e. When you play affects how many points each node is worth. In galactus, the nodes are either open or close. You can space out your play from as little as 8hrs to almost 16hrs. The only important strategy is to play each node once in an eight hour period.
  • Nick441234
    Phumade wrote:
    So this is the benefit of the galactus event. You can play at 8 and 6 and still be on the same clearing cycle as everyone else.
    As long as you clear all the nodes once every 8 hours, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN YOU CLEAR (At most you will only miss 1 attack on galactus).

Adhering to the rigid 8hr refresh schedule is only important because in normal PVE, each node refreshes points continually. I.e. When you play affects how many points each node is worth. In galactus, the nodes are either open or close. You can space out your play from as little as 8hrs to almost 16hrs. The only important strategy is to play each node once in an eight hour period.

In the UK, the game refreshes at 9am and then again at 5pm. I cant fit a clear in in that period due to work, hence why I want a different time slice so it refreshes at times when I can play.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Phumade wrote:

Actually he does need to clear his nodes between 9am and 5pm GMT. They refresh at 9am and then again at 5pm.
  • Phumade
    thisone wrote:
    Phumade wrote:

Actually he does need to clear his nodes between 9am and 5pm GMT. They refresh at 9am and then again at 5pm.

Gotcha, I see your point, unfortunately then he's sorta screwed. If you can't play once from between 9am and 5pm, your effectively conceding 6 chances at Galactus every 24 hours, reaching the LT is probably not a possible goal.

Well Gauntlet next up.
  • Unfortunately this game does have a horrible habit of dictating when you need to play it.

Except for Gauntlet!!! Which is next!!!! Yay!!!!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards

I did the first clear of round 7 in 15 mins. Second clear was longer at 20-25 mins since the individual nodes scaled up and weren't super quick anymore.

Galactus is quick when you hulk bomb with xForce Deadpool and Professor X.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Pongie wrote:

I did the first clear of round 7 in 15 mins. Second clear was longer at 20-25 mins since the individual nodes scaled up and weren't super quick anymore.

Galactus is quick when you hulk bomb with xForce Deadpool and Professor X.

I was just coming on here to say something like this. So maybe you aren't doing it in 20 minutes every time, but 30 minutes should be good enough.

The Devs gave us great boosted characters for this. XFW+IF (both boosted) + SW is crazy fast. Winfinite with a giant sniper rifle? Very fast. Replace XFW with 3cyc? Also fast. Hulk bombing with Patch and putting OBW as a third to double hit with espionage? Fast.

It really doesn't take long to even clear the wave nodes. Just pick fast teams...
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Hulkfinite for Galactus and IF/cyc + essential for the nodes, you should be averageing 20 min pr. clear up until rd8.

And even with missing 1 clear a day, shouldn't the leg token still be doable?

And I still maintain that, while it sucks that one of the 8 hr periods fits exactly with a uk work day, it is more a case of unfortunate coincidence, rather than poor event design/planning by the devs.
  • Nick441234
    Isn't the reason we have time slices in events to accommodate peoples lives though?

If every event ran by the Galactus schedule, I'd have stopped playing the game ages ago.
  • Phumade
    Isn't the reason we have time slices in events to accommodate peoples lives though?

If I was a D3 employee, this is where I would I bust out laughing. Shards were implemented long before ultron and galactus. Honestly, what drove the issue was that the last 2 hours of an event (i.e. the time when people have to grind hard) was either really bad for US or UK or Asia. Some geography was getting screwed over by the one true timezone (PST, even though they may be from boston, pst has always had the most convienent time zone. So the shards, were implemented to allow people to time shift their play to something more convienient.

Unfortunately, your time zone and work situation is one of the few scenarios that can't be accomodated. i.e. because of the way they chose to implement the alliance lock in, you can't split the game into 2 shards without having to redesign alot of the game back end.

If every event ran by the Galactus schedule, I'd have stopped playing the game ages ago.[/quote]
  • Nick441234
    Haven't you just agreed with what I just said?

The time slices were implemented to make it easier for people all over the world. At the end of the day, D3 want as many people playing this game as possible. If every event ran solely on US time, they would lose players from the rest of the world as the inconvenience on them would end up with them stopping playing the game.