Am I imagining it or.....

Nick441234
Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
did Galactus nodes used to unlock at the start of each round, no matter whether your 8 hour wait was up or not?

It seems a lot harder to hit 900K considering you can only hit him every 8 hours now. Also, shouldn't time slices be implemented if we are locked down to the time the event started? Due to when this event started, my battles unlock at around 3am UK time. How is that fair? I'm clearly not going to be getting up for that.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Due to when this event started, my battles unlock at around 3am UK time. How is that fair? I'm clearly not going to be getting up for that.
    You don't have to get up for that.
    You can only hit the nodes once per 8 hrs, so you're not losing any points if you do them at 7am UK time.
    This is not regular PVE, no need to do "optimal clears".
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    From my end its good, I get up at 330 am eastern standard. This is the first event I can really excel at in awhile.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    You're imagining it. Galactus nodes have never unlocked at the start of each new round. Ultron nodes did unlock at the start of each round though, so maybe that's where you remember it happening.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    You're imagining it. Galactus nodes have never unlocked at the start of each new round. Ultron nodes did unlock at the start of each round though, so maybe that's where you remember it happening.
    This. And there's really no need to get up at 3AM to do the grind. Just hit them well in advance before they refresh at 11AM, then let the Galactus node sit for 8 hours and refresh. Play it again, do the new subnodes and hit Galactus five times before the new node refresh at 7PM. Then hit them whenever during the night - 17 fights against Galactus is almost as good as 18...
  • Nick441234
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Due to when this event started, my battles unlock at around 3am UK time. How is that fair? I'm clearly not going to be getting up for that.
    You can only hit the nodes once per 8 hrs, so you're not losing any points if you do them at 7am UK time.

Surely to be in with a chance of hitting the 900K, you will need to be hitting him every 8 hours?
  • Nick441234
    morph3us wrote:

Thats what I'm thinking. By beating Galactus, it then unlocked the other nodes again. I'm wondering why they removed that? It gave us a chance to be able to hit him more often than only every 8 hours.

Personally, thats the only way I hit 900K in previous attempts. Now I'm restricted to ONLY hitting him every 8 hours, I'm not even sure it will be achievable.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle wrote:

Surely to be in with a chance of hitting the 900K, you will need to be hitting him every 8 hours?
    Yes, and?
    Hit him at 5pm, whenever you get up, then again at 9am your time. It's not like he's worth more points if you hit him in the middle of the night just to be in synch with the refresh.

And I've always gotten maximum progression in Galactus, without bending my life around it.
    Just make sure you don't miss a refresh during the 8 hour window, and you're fine.
  • Nick441234
    Am I doing this wrong or something then because what I'm doing is hitting Galactus, then hitting the nodes one by one with Galactus again inbetween. Once I've done the last node, they are all then locked for 8 hours.

It seems like you other guys are gaining points more regularly than every 8 hours.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker

If your alliance is not up to it you'll be stuck on the lower payout rounds. Round 5 onwards is where the points are, even then it's a bit touch and go to hit LT.

With 1 day to go you'll have to do the math and see if you have time for an 8 hr 6 node clear or rush with 5 nodes.
  • Bowgentle
    Am I doing this wrong or something then because what I'm doing is hitting Galactus, then hitting the nodes one by one with Galactus again inbetween. Once I've done the last node, they are all then locked for 8 hours.

It seems like you other guys are gaining points more regularly than every 8 hours.
    They're not locked for 8 hours.

They're locked until the next server refresh which happens every 8 hours.
    So if you clear at 4:55pm your time, you can clear again at 5, cause that's when the server refresh happens.

Server refreshes happen at 5pm, 1am, 9am UK time.
    So make sure to hit your nodes before each refresh.
  • Nick441234
    Thats a nightmare for anyone with a job though. How are you meant to hit the 9am refresh before the next 5pm refresh if you work a 9-5 job? Most of us cant get away with hitting MPQ in work! icon_lol.gif
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Thats a nightmare for anyone with a job though. How are you meant to hit the 9am refresh before the next 5pm refresh if you work a 9-5 job? Most of us cant get away with hitting MPQ in work! icon_lol.gif

Worth noting that it's 9AM, 5PM and 1AM GMT. EST (which I imagine is the timezone the majority of the forumites are in) is -5 hours. So refreshes in EST are 4AM, 12PM and 8PM, which probably works out alright dor any 9-5-ers icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    I think that's why they originally ran Galactus over the weekend...
  • Nick441234
    I get that the conversion, timewise, probably works perfectly for people in the US, but clearly it makes it impossible for a lot of people in Europe. Thats why time slices are so important! I always run the 11pm slot because it meant I could do a clear before bed, when I get up and when I get home from work.

Clearly, there is no way I can hit Galactus before 5pm tonight and thats incredibly unfair on people outside the US.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I get that the conversion, timewise, probably works perfectly for people in the US, but clearly it makes it impossible for a lot of people in Europe. Thats why time slices are so important! I always run the 11pm slot because it meant I could do a clear before bed, when I get up and when I get home from work.

Clearly, there is no way I can hit Galactus before 5pm tonight and thats incredibly unfair on people outside the US.

No mate. I am in uk too and it's not a problem. Let galactus refresh and you get more points.

Nodes refresh at 5pm. But you can hit Galactus anytime after that til 1am.

Nodes refresh at 1am. But you can hit Galactus anytime after that til 9am.

Nodes refresh at 9am. But you can hit Galactus anytime after that til 5pm.

Repeat til event done.

So kill galactus at 8pm. During your lunch break at work and before you go to work. Seemples.
  • Nick441234
    No access to Wi-Fi in work. Do people actively go looking for a Wi-Fi connection on their lunch break?

With suitable time slices, this wouldn't be an issue.
  • Quebbster
    No access to Wi-Fi in work. Do people actively go looking for a Wi-Fi connection on their lunch break?

I have Wi-fi at work (and the occassional downtime where I can sneak a game in). When that doesn't work, I have good mobile internet too.
    For Galactus specifically though, I do one clear in the morning before going to work, then the next clear after work is over. As long as you can play some time during the 8 hour window it will work out.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've done 15 attacks so far, as I do 1 galactus then 4 subs (I didn't win Nova). So that puts me at around 300,000 points. If I'm lucky and hit every sub and don't die, then I'll just barely make the LT. But I'll probably start dying soon and then not win it. Oh well.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

We've had reports of people trying to fit their clears in while driving, among other ways they've bent over backwards to fit the game in.

I think "finding a wi-fi spot" is probably a common one, yeah.
  • Nick441234
    If I had Wi-Fi access at work, then I probably could make it work. As lunch break is only half an hour for me, hunting a Wi-Fi spot doesn't tend to be top of my things to do. Anyway, the game shouldn't be set up in a way where you have to do things like this to get the rewards. Its meant to be a game, i.e. a bit of fun!