Save Game File Corrupted?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone else getting this message after the update on iOS? I still have all my characters and progression.

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These 4 words strike an incomprehensible ammount of fear in me.
  • Just got the same thing. Checked that I'm still linked to Facebook, and all my progression is still there. Definitely scary.
  • Yeah I'm getting it also and unfortunately everytime it pops up while I'm in battle; I can complete it but it acts as if I backed out of the fight and kills off my team. Almost unplayable at this point.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I got the same thing but as far as I can tell it hasn't done anything. Nervous as hell right now though. Would love to hear some reasoning for this from the devs...
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm seeing the same thing regularly. So far it doesn't seem to have caused any problems, but as has been noted, it is .. worrisome.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Open the multitask in iOS.

Close out mpq

Reload

Worked for my wife.

Edit: eww. In game? Not cool.

Bring on those saying this is to sell health packs.
  • pmorcs
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yeah, I take it back. While the game continued to play okay, I just did what Moral suggested (hard-restart the game.)

I lost all the progress I made since (I think) the R48 update. I re-received my rewards from the last sub-mission reset (and I got a Hulk black from that -- I'd be mad if I had actually needed it!) Lost a few levels on one of the characters I was working on, and a few HP. [edit: and, actually, the new sub-missions have reverted to needing to be unlocked again. So I did lose all progress..]

After restarting just a few moments ago, I have yet to see the corrupted message again. If you are playing on after having seen that message, I would definitely try and restart. Cut your losses!

--
    More edit: In the interests of providing a more detailed bug report, I used two of the new features. 1) I respec'd my IM35 with a cover I got from the last sub-missions. Those changes are lost. 2) I joined an Alliance. That seems to still be in effect.
  • pmorcs
    Options
    Yes, in-game. This is what it looks like:

save_file_corrupted.jpg
  • I'm getting this too. I recently saved up a bunch of tokens and just respecced all my stuff. If I lose all my stuff I'd be pretty disappointed.
  • I had that too. Don't freak out! Just exit the game. There was a mini update on Steam, after the big update. Install the mini update and then the game plays normal again. If you're on phone, it's probably the same issue.
  • I ended up restarting my phone (iOS) and haven't had a problem since.
  • I respeced my Marvel NOW! Magneto from 3/5/5 To 5/5/3, then I lost all my progression from R48 Update to now. Now My Magneto is 3/5/5 Again, and I only have one Iron Hammer cover, from the Magnetic Mayhem tournament, the other I pulled from a token and now it's gone. Not happy at all.
  • I DLed the new IOS update on IPAD and it fixed it without the loss of any characters/levels/power changes. I guess I am the lucky one. I feel horrible for you guys though... especially the people that lost characters/respecs. icon_e_sad.gif
  • was their a new version posted to app store to fix this? I am still getting it (since yesterdays R48 update) and do not see an update in app store as of yet. Luckily, im not losing anything, as it appears if you have facebook backup enabled, it keeps your stuff in sync (crossing fingers)
  • pmorcs
    Options
    Happened again this morning. Sequence of events:

- Reopened the game (still active from yesterday), played one quick match, no issues. Exited the game (iOS, I pressed the 'Home' button - I didn't kill it.)
    - A couple hours later, started MPQ again. Immediately received the 'corrupted' message, before anything else. Next got notification of 250 iso from a FB friend. Noted the current total iso, promptly exited the game.
    - Killed the process, restarted.
    - Iso down by 250. 'Corrupted' message does not return.
  • Welp, the new iPad iOS mini-update came out, and I lost all my stuff. A good ~12k ISO and my respecced covers. Sigh...
  • Just got this on PC:

Players report: Save game corrupted. Developers are investigating this

(or something like that)
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Add me to the list that got this message and lost all my progress over the past 24ish hours...

Got a Psylocke Psi-tana card and used it to beat all the locked missions in Brotherhood. From there I got 2x Magneto Marvel Now cards that I leveled up to L22. Used ~5k ISO on my Capt. America and took him from 66 to 72. Now that's all gone and I stand no chance of getting the Black Panther covers (was at #11 when I went to sleep last night).

Thank god I haven't spent a dime on this game. I'd be p***ed if I was charged real money and lost all that progress. I love the game, but until D3 stops breaking it every other week, I'm not putting any cash on the table.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    I played a decent amount yesterday, was up almost 5k iso and a few covers, respec'ed several chars. I started getting the corrupt message and restarted. Found I had lost ISO/covers but the respecs stayed and my progress in the Psy PVP was there. Played a bit more, then this morning Im getting the corrupt message again. Restarted yet again, am now stuck with the "Loading: XX%" message where the % is bouncing up and down.
  • I hope it's iOS only problem... Now I'm scared to shut down the game...