PVE: Galactus Hungers (2016-02-01 to 2016-02-04)

Options

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:

It does make me think that a trick was missed with Silver Surfer though. He should have a passive that extends countdown timers on a match just like when he used to delay Galactus from devouring planets. Would fit with his character history quite nicely icon_razz.gif

Yeah they could have done that with his black, where it absorbs a certain amount of cosmic tiles per turn (based on how many covers you have) no matter where they were on the board, and convert them to blue for his healing. Could have been a fun character to mix up the gameplay for those fights. Right now it's just "too slow. use someone else" for a Galactus fight.

Though it would probably be more comics appropriate to have Galactus have special adverse effects on Surfer, like draining him of the power cosmic (health loss) or putting a barrier on him (he's the one guy who can stun SS, even with blue).
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

It does make me think that a trick was missed with Silver Surfer though. He should have a passive that extends countdown timers on a match just like when he used to delay Galactus from devouring planets. Would fit with his character history quite nicely icon_razz.gif

Yeah they could have done that with his black, where it absorbs a certain amount of cosmic tiles per turn (based on how many covers you have) no matter where they were on the board, and convert them to blue for his healing. Could have been a fun character to mix up the gameplay for those fights. Right now it's just "too slow. use someone else" for a Galactus fight.

Though it would probably be more comics appropriate to have Galactus have special adverse effects on Surfer, like draining him of the power cosmic (health loss) or putting a barrier on him (he's the one guy who can stun SS, even with blue).

True it would be neat if something like this happened if Galactus was more like Ultron and you fought to the death rather than fight to instant wipe.

A battle where true healing was massively helpful to the fight or charged tiles did bonus damage to Galactus.
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Options
    Is there a bonus for completing round 8 aside from the listed rewards?
  • Tatercat
    Options
    bpcontra wrote:
    Is there a bonus for completing round 8 aside from the listed rewards?

20 iso.
  • Tatercat
    Options
    Who are people using for that new minion node for Hulk, with Sentry/Mystique/Venom? I tried it with Kamala and SWitch, figuring that would be none stop feeding Embiggened Smash, but got wiped. Waiting on health packs right now before I try again.

UPDATE: Nevermind, JeanBuster did the trick. Started with Mystique this time, then Venom, instead of Sentry 1st like last time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Who are people using for that new minion node for Hulk, with Sentry/Mystique/Venom? I tried it with Kamala and SWitch, figuring that would be none stop feeding Embiggened Smash, but got wiped. Waiting on health packs right now before I try again.

UPDATE: Nevermind, JeanBuster did the trick. Started with Mystique this time, then Venom, instead of Sentry 1st like last time.
    I went with hulk/hood/iceman and made the mistake of starting with sentry. mystique was pretty annoying - if I had to do again I might start with her. as long as you keep yellow under control, hood keeps sentry/venom in check.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:

I went with 4Cyc and Storm. Not as fast without Galactus beating Hulk to a pulp, but still effective once the ball gets rolling.
  • It would be nice if when I beat the character missions it let me actually fight Galactus. Twice this round, one with Hulk and once with Nova I beat the mission and didnt get to fight Galactus; instead everything remained locked. Disappointing, and if I recall there were similar issues last time Galactus was around.
  • Tatercat
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:

I went with 4Cyc and Storm. Not as fast without Galactus beating Hulk to a pulp, but still effective once the ball gets rolling.

Sigh, I can't wait until I get at least one redflag.png for my 0/3/3 4* Cyke, I've heard such goods things...

Thanks for all the replies!
  • Tatercat
    Options
    FYI from another thread:
    Re: Why are we seeing lv667 opponents in Galactus?
    by David [Hi-Fi] Moore » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:26 pm

*UPDATE* (02/03/16 1:23 PM PST) We hope to push out a fix for the minions issue within the next 2 hours. Here's word from the dev team:

"We have identified the issue and the issue will be part of today's daily patch (around 5pm EST). Minions in current and future events will behave like they did in events prior to Galactus."

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for hanging in there with us!
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now our alliance is on round 7 I found OBW wasn't cutting the mustard anymore so switched her out for Hulk and I'm so lucky my Iron Fist isn't leveled as Hulk tanks green and black.

3* Cyclops, Iron Fist and Hulk has left me beating a level 350 Galactus needing just the one health pack for Hulk each round instead of two or three before.

Just need 3 more node and Galactus clears and I'll pick up my Legendary Token as well icon_e_biggrin.gif

Don't think my alliance will quite beat round 7 though as we only have one more refresh. If we had another 8 hours we probably could have got a second Hulkbuster cover.

In other news wouldn't it be nice if you could select who was doing the match damage like when you select an enemy team instead of relying on where you match icon_razz.gif
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Am I the only one getting Caltrop'd to death in round 7??? There's a Spider-Man node with Loki and two ninjas...a few turns in no matter what match I make it's 1K+ damage to the whole team...
  • Oshalei
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    Am I the only one getting Caltrop'd to death in round 7??? There's a Spider-Man node with Loki and two ninjas...a few turns in no matter what match I make it's 1K+ damage to the whole team...
    I've got the same problem. Tried a few combos but I can't get them down. Spidey is useless as hell, his protect tiles are the only potential help here that I can see and they get turned into enemy strike tiles by Loki. And it's hard to deal with all the traps.

I'm thinking about trying 3storm next. I need this node down - my alliance is super close to killing him and getting our blue hulk buster cover.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Oshalei wrote:
    dswan3rd wrote:
    I've got the same problem. Tried a few combos but I can't get them down. Spidey is useless as hell, his protect tiles are the only potential help here that I can see and they get turned into enemy strike tiles by Loki. And it's hard to deal with all the traps.

I'm thinking about trying 3storm next. I need this node down - my alliance is super close to killing him and getting our blue hulk buster cover.
    don't remember that one, but if you want caltrops help, witch/fist/mostorm?
  • dswan3rd
    Options
    Oshalei wrote:
    dswan3rd wrote:

At least I'm not the only one...I'm tempted to whale it but I'm sure I'll need those Deadpool points somewhere during the Gauntlet. I got really close with 3* Spidey/Cyclops/Rocket&Groot...I figured Cyclops could deal heavy damage and take out rows (and hopefully traps) and maybe the same with R&G's green. I was down to one ninja but my whole team was "blinking" with low health. The yellow match I made to heal R&G took out everyone with two caltrops.
  • dswan3rd
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Oshalei wrote:
    dswan3rd wrote:

don't remember that one, but if you want caltrops help, witch/fist/mostorm?

That sounds like a winning combo, but Spiderman is an essential - which two of those three would you take?
  • TxMoose
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    That sounds like a winning combo, but Spiderman is an essential - which two of those three would you take?
    duh, my bad - I'd go fist/mostorm for the acceleration. fist helps whittle loki down faster too. no cd help there though other than spidey's stun and storm's board shake, which might never go off concentrating on purple/black and the red cds.

edit: fist purple is always risky with loki though. scarlet is a no-go with loki. sry - moved on mentally to gauntlet.
  • dswan3rd
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    dswan3rd wrote:
    duh, my bad - I'd go fist/mostorm for the acceleration. fist helps whittle loki down faster too. no cd help there though other than spidey's stun and storm's board shake, which might never go off concentrating on purple/black and the red cds.

edit: fist purple is always risky with loki though. scarlet is a no-go with loki. sry - moved on mentally to gauntlet.

No problem - the suggestion still made a ton of sense...I got by with Spidey/Cyclops/3* Mags - aside from a Polarizing Force to take out Loki, Magneto didn't do much, but Cyclops' row destruction and self-acceleration were key.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I brought 3* cyclops and mo. Flooded the board with hail storm, protects and web tiles.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* Hulk - GSBW - Px

Took care of Galactus. Got kind of repetitive, but it worked.