Advice on farming ISO and progression

rafaelagp0
rafaelagp0 Posts: 34
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I've been playing for two weeks and have a roster with 30 slots (9 were bought), one open.

After plenty of mistakes, I'm focusing on leveling 2* Thor, Daken, OBW, Storm, Magneto and Hawkeye for DDQ.
That aside though, I have no idea how to farm more ISO.
I could sell a few of the single cover heroes but than I'd miss those for Essential and Dat Required Character.
I've read about cupcaking but haven't really understood all it entails, and it seems to be only applicable to Lightning Rounds...
So, as a newbie player, how the hell do I make ISO?

I haven't finished the whole prologue but the last two chapters are all that remain with rewards.

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lightning rounds. Play against the seed teams (pure ai oppinents with really easy teams, like lokiversusleah, BLACKHAM, wannabeskrull) until you reach 100 points. This gets you a fair bit of ISO per LR for minimal effort.

Also, play as many deadpool daily nodes each day as your roster will let you.
  • Is there a calendar for LRs?
    And is that really it? LRs and DDQ?
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Iso is a measure of time in the game, and there is a fairly hard limit on how much you can get depending on your roster.

Suggestions:

Shield simulator as high as you can
    Lightning rounds
    Deadpool Daily where you can (Get Juggaurnaut as your 1*, he can solo it easily)
    pvp as high as you can
    Do pve nodes at least once, more than that there is diminishing returns (which is a terrible design, sorry)

Yes, its going to take time. Probably a few weeks. Make sure you focus on two main 2*'s first if you primarly pvp. If you do pve, level the buffed 2*'s first. Good luck!
  • I've been playing pve daily, and right now doing pvp.
    For DDQ1 I use Iron Man without problem.

Guess I need to wait for LRs to cupcake :/
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    There isn't really much of a way to "farm". Just about every method has diminishing returns and you have limited health packs.

The LRs and DDQ, as previously mentioned, are the best return for the time invested. If you also hit PVE every day for at least one full playthrough, that will get you some more iso from the nodes as well as placement rewards. PVP matches and shield sim matches will net more iso too, but you'll hit a wall in those pretty quick with a low level roster.

Basically, the first 6k in iso per day comes real quick and easy, after that it's just a matter of playing ALL THE THINGS, ALL DAY LONG. Good luck! icon_lol.gif

BTW, cupcakes are a high-end thing that won't be relevant to you. Your best team would be softer than any cupcake I've ever seen, no offence intended, we all started in the same place. You're at a place right now where you'll hit frustrating walls pretty quick in most events. Stick with it if you enjoy the game and you'll hit a tipping point where progress comes faster.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play early rounds of everything. Dpnt expect to place or get progression rewards, just expect to pick up iso.

Play easy pve nodes
    Play PvP to 250-300 points
    Play all ddq if you can (5k just for this)
    Seed teams in LR
    Shield sim as far as you can

This is the limit of what you can do really
  • hm, got ya.
    thx, bro.
  • keep the tips coming, vets :p
    thx everyone for their contribution.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Farm out all the rewards from the prologue when you have nothing else to do
  • yeah, will def do that.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Have you had a look at the MPQ Tips & Guides sub-forum?

Cause I'm sure all of this & more is covered in the pinned threads there.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Cypr3ss wrote:
    Have you had a look at the MPQ Tips & Guides sub-forum?

Cause I'm sure all of this & more is covered in the pinned threads there.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

I have, but most of those guides are quite old and outdated.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    wirius wrote:

Additional advice: do this early, in the first days. Climb as much as you can, then wait to be attacked and dropped by several hundreds of points, then climb back again. Since PVP and SSim have no exhaustible rewards, like PVE, you'll get a minimum of 100 Iso per battle (and up to 280).
  • What is meant by farming lightning rounds:

Join the round the second it begins, then as stated above fight one of the 3 seed teams; a low level featured character and two 1*s. Finish this game as quickly as you can then do another and another until the seed teams disappear and you start seeing harder matches. I will generally get through 10 seed teams before they vanish, but every one you play is an easy win for iso.
    After the seed teams are over it's up to you if you carry on playing the event or not, but the main goal for farming purposes is those easy wins.

Lightning rounds start at 5:00PM GMT on Tuesday's and play every 2 hours until 15:00 on Thursday. Adjust the time there for wherever you live.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    wirius wrote:

Additional advice: do this early, in the first days. Climb as much as you can, then wait to be attacked and dropped by several hundreds of points, then climb back again. Since PVP and SSim have no exhaustible rewards, like PVE, you'll get a minimum of 100 Iso per battle (and up to 280).

but what is the reason for dropping points? getting easy opponents?
  • What is meant by farming lightning rounds:

Join the round the second it begins, then as stated above fight one of the 3 seed teams; a low level featured character and two 1*s. Finish this game as quickly as you can then do another and another until the seed teams disappear and you start seeing harder matches. I will generally get through 10 seed teams before they vanish, but every one you play is an easy win for iso.
    After the seed teams are over it's up to you if you carry on playing the event or not, but the main goal for farming purposes is those easy wins.

Lightning rounds start at 5:00PM GMT on Tuesday's and play every 2 hours until 15:00 on Thursday. Adjust the time there for wherever you live.

awesome! i was looking for that calendar info, thx bro.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    rafaelagp0 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    wirius wrote:

Part that, and also the fact that the more you play, the more ISO you get. Don't be afraid to do early pushes if it means more ISO.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    rafaelagp0 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    wirius wrote:

Part that, and also the fact that the more you play, the more ISO you get. Don't be afraid to do early pushes if it means more ISO.

THIS: I climbed over 2K in Simulator about 5 days ago and I'm back down to 1700. I don't care though because that gives me more opportunity to fight, grind and earn more ISO.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play for a few more months. Also add a ton of people on facebook.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    +1 for Facebook "Friends"

Try to get into a decent alliance, for now, anyone that won't kick you.

Be honest and maybe you can freeload for awhile.