Spider-Man art update soon?

AaronTheLuigi
AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Rereading the Marvel.com preview for Nova I was looking through the screen shots showing his ability animations. The one showing off Nova Blast on Steam also had Captain Marvel [Modern] and Spider-Man [Classic] in the background on Nova's team, but Spidey looks a lot different than he does in game...
56a7a2c86c67b.jpg

Is there a Spider-Man art pass inbound soon?

EDIT: Feb 3rd, 2016:
Yes, this update (with minor tweaks to the lamppost he crouches on) is live (as of R93), along with new art for his in-front-and-matching pose, as well as his All Tied Up and Web Bandages skill.

A similar art pass has been performed so Spider-Man (Original) also follows the new poses, including his All Tied Up and Spectacular Strategy (I can't really tell if the animation for Web Swing was updated, it may be the same or it may have been an update to the suit colors.)

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Although I am well aware that Spidey is not the most popular hero on the forum at the moment, I do hope this means that we will finally get the Amazing Spider-man to replace the "magical healing" Spider-man.

Really digging the new art, too.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Damn nice catch! I hope this is going to happen. I've hated the art for Spidey since day one. It doesn't really capture the eyes right and if you don't do that it falls apart.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nova's navel is strangely well defined...

Still, a redesign of Spidey's appearance would be nice. Especially if it comes with a power redesign too so I actually want to use him.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Spiderman is coming back strong. I don't know whether his all tied up is bugged or what, but I've been stunning two enemies at once and it's made him slightly more useful.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Interesting. Is that because of the stun moving to the back? I know people have reported damage and stun on venom blast being separated too.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Spider-Man has always had one of the worst art in the game (his arms are way too god-damn long in his selection portrait) so hopefully this will be the case.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Good find!!!!!!! And yes, he IS gonna be one of the characters updated, I'm sooooo sure.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    New art in r93 looks a lot cooler!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dunno... I find the random thing he's crouching onto kind of jarring when next to the other heroes? You know what would have been awesome? his classic "hanging upside down" pose.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I dunno... I find the random thing he's crouching onto kind of jarring when next to the other heroes? You know what would have been awesome? his classic "hanging upside down" pose.
    Ooooh, that would have been cool. They could invert his roster thumbnail, too!
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I like the crouch pose, even though the hanging upside down version would have been a much cooler and smarter design solution. The Face Icon is really bad though. His head is a lot smaller than other heroes now and there's way too much neck.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Love the new art, however... the skill animation are still using the old color scheme, paling in contrast the new bright colors, the need to fix that
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Just curious, did they update the 1-star or Bag-Man art too?
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    ArcanaMoon wrote:
    Love the new art, however... the skill animation are still using the old color scheme, paling in contrast the new bright colors, the need to fix that

I'm wondering if Spider-Man is one of the 3-stars they're going to "fix". Maybe they'll add new powers with new animations for it.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Just curious, did they update the 1-star or Bag-Man art too?

1 star Spidey remains the same.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Spider-man is now hanging upside down in the standard token art page. Maybe d3 is listening. Quick someone ask for triple iso month
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surely if they can tweak Spidey's artwork, then they can fix creepy Bobby's art?

Just saying....
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    spectator wrote:
    Spider-man is now hanging upside down in the standard token art page. Maybe d3 is listening. Quick someone ask for triple iso month

But that's just so he gets a better view of the glow emanating from Storm's ****.

Cheers!
    - PG
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:
    Surely if they can tweak Spidey's artwork, then they can fix creepy Bobby's art?

Just saying....

If it's in a word. Or it's in a look. You can't get rid of ... The Bobby-dook
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now the spiderman thumbnail photo is no longer of his extended neck. It was a bit weird when it was just basically his neck. Glad they changed that.