Upcoming Matchmaking Changes Testing - *Delayed

1235»

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    i hope they plan to do test between season and with a non new character release pve.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    So...

Is this still planned? Real McCoy didn't even happen. Did it?

Is the currently running "PvP Matchmaking" a test event, or just named that way?

Blue Shift seems as painful as ever. But I couldn't tell if that's the old system or the new system punishing me for my 13-cover IW.

I didn't play Venom... Any good feedback from the scaling there?
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    So does this now mean that character levels are no longer a factor? Or just that the number of covers will factor in as well?

My concern is for those like me who have fully-covered, soft-capped characters. It'll take a TON of ISO to level them all high enough to mitigate the scaling problems this new system could cause.

I just hope either iso leveling requirements would be decreased, or the amount of iso won from events, or bought in packs would increase to compensate.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    The original post said that the new system took covers into account, not that it was the only factor. I'm sure since they said that this is a test and not a replacement system that they are being deliberately vague so people don't over analyze what's coming before it's here to try it out.

My hope is they've come up with a way to accurately estimate character power based on level and number of covers and maybe even differentiated depending on the characters role and cover color. 4* Captain America with 4 yellow covers is much different from Kingpin with 4 yellow covers.
  • Helen keller
    Helen keller Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Whatever the changes are, I can't help but be cynical and assume it will be designed to eat up more resources and slow the game down under the guise of "improvements", hope I'm wrong
  • HaywireII
    So...R96 patch preview is up and no mention of Matchmaking Changes. I am sad.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you know that public testing for changes to matchmaking/scaling are still planned. Things are actively being tested internally, but the devs aren't quite ready to commit to a new date just yet. We'll announce the new plan for when and where as soon as we can.

Thanks.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate the communication update.
  • HaywireII
    I'm less sad now. I appreciate the heads up.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there at least any suggestion as to what's changing? Or is it being kept quiet so we don't actively look for specifics and instead report on what we're spotting more organically?