Beating a lv230 team without Mags or Spidey?

Options
2»

Comments

• Without some kind of infinite combo, non buffed characters just don't have the HP to last against the ~300 match 3s that you'll be taking turn after turn, and if Daken is around, it's pretty much game over after 2 sets of greens are matched if you are unable to clear the strike tiles (which generally requires an ability that can infinite).

Buffed characters, especially major buffed characters, actually have enough HP to withstand and in fact you can fight those guys straight up if Daken isn't involved.
  • Im not there yet in covers/pts on Psylock but her black synergy with patch is amazing, throwing in one utility character to the group would be really fast damage and patch's red could probably do 8-10k. For fights requiring psylock I had to sub out my 141 punisher for 122 patch for color coverage to go with OBW (could probably use any blue/purple character with these two instead of OBW)
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    I'm running C. Storm, Magneto MN, Iron Man 40.

Focus is on Blue, Pink and Yellow.

If I get to enough Pink or Yellow, I use them to feed the blue, and then Storm comes alive.

It hasn't failed me yet!
  • Punisher+ MN Mags+ Hood is the team I use for this event.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In one of the Russia rounds, MN Magneto was required. Lvl230 Rags, Jugs, and Moonstone.

I decided to try MN Mags 355 + Hood 553 + C. Storm 553

At the start, I wasn't sure it was going to work. I mostly tried to deny Red. Turns out I filled Purple first.

And then ... kaboom! Red, Yellow, Green, and Purple could generate 25, 18, 12+, and 12+ AP with each usage. It was limitless power.
    Black and and especially Blue were the big damage dealers.

I will have to use this team more often.
  • In one of the Russia rounds, MN Magneto was required. Lvl230 Rags, Jugs, and Moonstone.

At the start, I wasn't sure it was going to work. I mostly tried to deny Red. Turns out I filled Purple first.

And then ... kaboom! Red, Yellow, Green, and Purple could generate 25, 18, 12+, and 12+ AP with each usage. It was limitless power.

That's a really solid team. Tons of AP generation, some stun, lots of damage from C Storm/Mag, and Hood helps keep AP low until you can get stuns/AP chains off.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    In one of the Russia rounds, MN Magneto was required. Lvl230 Rags, Jugs, and Moonstone.

I think what these events are going to teach us is that there are going to be some sick PvE combos that we just haven't devoted the ISO to yet. Teams that would be pretty bad in PvP 'defense', but utterly unstoppable in beating tough PvE battles.

I believe things like Hood AP stealing, IW defense tiles, Patch + Loki strike and defense tiles are all quite the game changers...but players just haven't devoted the ISO to these more PvE specific combinations.
  • 3 green hulk
    3 green Thor
    3 red GWBS

Greeeen greeeeen greeeeen
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tank with Patch
    AP steal With Hood
    for everything else there is OBW.

Rainbow team. Patch can normally outheal tile matches, and OBW can top him up. Purple plus passive AP steals keep you well topped off and your opponent off the good stuff.
    Only pop berserk when you have limited purple on the board, and/or an obvious purple match and you have a few other abilities (patch red, hood black) stored up.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I've updated the list at the top, which I reproduce here. If you've actually tried one of these teams against lvl200 opponents and it worked well, please add that you've verified it.

Patch + OBW + Hood
    Patch + Loki + (Thor/BWGS/Doom/Hood/OBW)
    Hulk + BWGS + Thor
    MN Mags + OBW + (Wolvie/Punisher/Daken)
    MN Mags + OBW + C.Storm
    MN Mags + Hood + Punisher
    MN Mags + Hood + C Storm (AP generation with Red, Yellow, Green, and Purple) -- Verified to work.
    C.Storm + BWGS + Punisher
    C.Storm + OBW + IM40
  • You guys are going to get my team nerfed =P I've been playing C.Storm + MN Mags + Hood since near the beginning...the power combination is fairly awesome when everything comes together, which is fairly often. The only time I have a large amount of difficulty is if I can't get enough pink to start the combo or the opponent can outlast the combo damage of the team. It is a bit distressing because I can't find a 3* team that can match the amount of damage that the team can do along with the control it offers. Spidey just makes the match take too long in my mind since the ability doesn't do any damage, and I haven't found a good synergy past it. The other problem tends to be the fact that there isn't a tank in the party, so PVP becomes a game of dodging through shields to make enough points to compete.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Used MN Magneto (required) + cStorm + Daken several times successfully against lvl 230 Juggs, Ragnarok and Moonstone.
    Used Psylocke (required) + oBW + mStorm successfully against some other lvl 230s. Same if Punisher is required.
    oBW + mStorm + some damager (Daken, Punisher, Psylocke, etc.) own goon-only fights and the Ares + 2 minions kind of fights.
  • Heah I Like the mn Mags, cstorm and daken.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    With Psylocke and Black Panther out, what are some of the new great teams without Magneto and Spiderman?