What's it really like having a scary 5 Star?

2»

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    thank you for all who've posted your experiences here. my ss is at 1/4/3 and I've been very tempted to put iso into him - still at 255 for now. problem is, I only have 1 maxed 4*(hb), 1 at 250 (jean - will max soon), 1 leveling at 200 (ice) and the rest of the top 6-8 characters at 12 or 13 covers each. I'm glad to see that taking ss from 255 to 350ish would not 'help' as much as I think it might. if I ever pull an oml yellow for my 2/-/2 logan I always thought everything would have to get put on hold for him, but reading this, I'm not so sure.

Remember that these stories are for people with max or near-max 5*s. I think that pushing your SS from 255 to 360 will help you more than it will hurt. I plan on pushing my OML from 300 to 360 fairly soon, so I'll have more info then.

I've got my SS at lvl 360 2/4/1 and I still get plenty of good matches, and also am starting to shield much higher. In the current event, my first shield was just shy of 1300, and honestly that might have been nerves on my part. It's possible I could have waited. Last event, my overnight shield expired before I woke up and I sat unshielded over 1K for over an hour and didn't take any hits. So, yeah things like that make life a bit more relaxing.

What I'm noticing is that the monster teams you mention seem to be climbing later so that they have some big point matchups of teams like mine with only 1 mid covered 5*.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    for the guys with the mmr issues - I see top guys with full 5*s bake sometimes. can you queue ccs? has to be an odd mmr system that only gives you 5*s from 0-800 but can queue ccs at 1300-2000+
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I can get CC's after 800 or so. It's just the initial climb that is hellish.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like being able to get to 1500-1700 pretty easily. Without my OML, I'd probably be in 800 - 1100 land. But somehow I'd still pull through.
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    westnyy2 wrote:

For LR, forget it. My "big" 5's are a punching bag to all the Crews and Villains champed 5's but I get it. They aren't intentionally trying to triple tap me but I am likely all they can queue that is not an .

This. Needed to hit in order to break out of oue mmr. Sometimes I feel bad for hitting the same people too many times, and just stop that event altogether.

I'm sorry, BTW. As you said, it's really not out of malice.
  • So let's wait for the balancing testing in Feb, and how's your experience then.

Interesting weeks for MPQ World. icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Still holding my one cover Surfer. You all had lucky pulls OMG! icon_lol.gif

I'd NEVER SELL HIM!
  • SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    I randomly got a Silver Surfer blue cover from my very first LT. He's now, without any Iso, by far the highest level character on my roster, but basically useless except for match damage. It has definitely not helped my MMR. I saw a jump of about 30 levels at the end of every event, and I now face basically nothing in PvP except 4* teams and championed 3* teams, which I lose to regularly. I went from averaging maybe 600-700 points in PvP before running out of health packs to averaging 250.

I'm seriously considering just selling him off.
    Same experience here except that i pulled a oml and 5* spiderman. Cant get past 300-400.
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    Great topic, have not put ISO in any 5 yet, but will start in next few weeks. Have a 6 cover OML and a 7 cover Phoenix both of which have at least one of every cover. OML at around 20K health points can be very difficult to eliminate without a stun character like Iceman.

Was thinking solution to over maxed 5 stars would be to give a greater boost to the featured 4 star characters of the week so they could compete. This would give players a reason to still boost their 4's and provide much more game play variability.