why do 7 day events exist?

They yield the same rewards as a 3 day event regarding covers, regarding HP they yield LESS HP / day and regarding ISO you also get LESS per day.
And to top it off they even give you 3 nodes that you have to clear over and over during an entire week, while after the first day you already have the four rewards, so for the remaining 6 days you only get 20 ISO.
Then you think it cant get any worse, but then they put all the heroes with stupid passive skills that dont make a difference to the battle in your team, like bullseye and daken and carnage, who s animation goes off over and over and over and over and over and is not even in your benefit.
You have to wait 3 minutes between your turns because this endless loop of stupid skill animations that are impossible to skip.
If i had known this beforehand i would have never started this stupid PvE event, spending hours and hours of time on this game for the smallest reward possible.

for example 3 day event: top50 all 3 days = 150 HP, top50 end = 100 HP, progression rewards = 50 HP, total = 300 HP = 100 HP per day.
7 day event: top50 all 7 days = 350 HP, top50 end = 100 HP, progression rewards = 75 HP, total = 525 = 75 HP per day ......

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I agree. Down with 7-day events! Up with 3-day and 4-day events run back-to-back.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    They exist so I can have some off time from playing the game. It's a key feature for that.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    They exist to slow the rate of prize distribution in pvp, and wean out the "weak" members of the community that don't want to play 5+ hours a day just on pve for a whole week.

(fwiw: you can definitely count me among the weak!)
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    From a post I made last March.
    Lidolas wrote:
    It's the natural progression of where PvE has been going.

We complained about global end times, they created time slices.

We complained about 2.5 hour refreshes, they increased it to 8 hours.

We complained about varying sub length times, they standardized to 24 hours.

We complained about multiple subs running at the same time, they changed to consecutive time lines.

Some events have so many subs, the story can't run in less than 7 days.

I'm sure they could revisit it again to shorten the stories but this is where we drove them.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take away my gauntlet and you will pay!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

I don't count the Gauntlet in this as it is never grinding nodes to 1. The Gauntlet is awesome and needs to remain forever, and come around more often IMHO.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Funnily enough, this time I was happy with it because I didn't care about placement rewards, but this game me an extra 4 days to empty out my 80 item vault. 7 tokens for the week for individual placement rewards each sub, 7 for alliance (if you are lucky), buy 8-9 for 100 hp each day (because of vault daily resetting at midnight, you can usually get an extra 2 tokens in during an event). Then another couple for progression rewards. That comes out to around 24 out of 80 items in the vault, or 30% of the vault being cleared. Not bad odds all things considered.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they can't figure out how to compress these compelling 7 day story arcs into a 4 day event, just double the rewards. If I'm going to be playing PvE every day anyway, it really doesn't matter if it's one 7 day event, or a 4 and a 3... except that the 7's screw us out of an entire event's worth of rewards.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

I usually don't attempt the gauntlet as my roster has a few top end characters and with Silver surfer at 271 (more fool me) my scaling for these things isn't ideal. But now I've got blade championed and with strike tiles dropping like a daddy and working on my fully covered cyclops 3* I am looking forward to the next Gauntlet run.

However back on topic about 7 day events. I think they exist because there are some people that enjoy reading the story and instead of ramping loads of nodes into each sub event they spread them out over multiple subs (requiring multiple days).

This being said I think the biggest gripe is the level of rewards for these events. For the duration all of the rewards should effectively be doubled especially progression awards. Maintaining a strong performance for 3 days means hitting top 100 isn't too difficult but one slip in a week can lose pretty much all the good positions in a 7 day event for the same level of reward.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    simonsez wrote:
    If they can't figure out how to compress these compelling 7 day story arcs into a 4 day event, just double the rewards. If I'm going to be playing PvE every day anyway, it really doesn't matter if it's one 7 day event, or a 4 and a 3... except that the 7's screw us out of an entire event's worth of rewards.

It could be that D3go/Demiurge has an set amount of how many rewards they feel is appropriate per month or quarter and they need to have so many 7 day events in that period to limit the rewards to that amount.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lidolas wrote:
    It could be that D3go/Demiurge has an set amount of how many rewards they feel is appropriate per month or quarter and they need to have so many 7 day events in that period to limit the rewards to that amount.
    That's assuming a level of foresight and planning that we don't see evidenced in any other facet of the game.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do each pve once per day to get the initial iso prizes. Then sometimes I grind for CP when I have the patience to keep not getting it.

7 day events are nutz because it's way too much work for a single LT. And if you spend 1-2 days not doing it (say you are spending time with your family over the weekend), then you won't be able to catch up and get that LT anyways, so the rest of it is a complete waste.

I really just don't like pve in general.

Although I do sometimes like it when it's tied to vault tokens.

My 7-day event this time was not, so I had little interest.

I only do pves seriously when I'm forced to because they're for a new character release, and even then I often don't score well enough to get the LT, so I have to quit my alliance temporarily so that everyone else can win the new cover and I don't, and that makes me sad and hate the game even more.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've written off 7-day pves several times over the last year. first time was just before LTs hit. then had to chase them. now after championing, short term I feel like I have to scrap for every little bit of iso out there and what the heck...might as well get some tokens/hp/LT in the process, right? ugh. I play them but I loathe them and I'm not far from burning out and writing them off again.

just realized I truly sound like an addict lol.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

Infinity or standard Gauntlet?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:

You and me and most of us, buddy!

I really don't like pve, I shouldn't even do it once for that paltry amount of ISO I receive (maybe around 500 to 2000). I should just let it go!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

You and me and most of us, buddy!

I really don't like pve, I shouldn't even do it once for that paltry amount of ISO I receive (maybe around 500 to 2000). I should just let it go!

i swore off PVE as well... so of course got my LT in prodigal with well over a day left..
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    i swore off PVE as well... so of course got my LT in prodigal with well over a day left..
    i did take the weekend off and didn't start until sunday night. got mine first clear of the last sub. just need to do 1 clear and get the cp and i might be done. might farm the big iso nodes, we'll see.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Aaaaand don't use 7 day long events for new characters.

The amount of grind needed for theses events when a new char is presented is exhausting, really exhausting. Most of the time I just aim for top50 to get the LT and the HP, but for these events the goal is at least top20, so I need to grind like 1 hour more each day. That is A LOT.

This game goes from to work to slavery icon_razz.gif

I can do that 3-4 days every 15-21 days but more is too much. Every time I play one of these events I am closer to just stop playing completely.

I really don't understand how devs are so stupid, it has been repeated and repeated over and over again to not use 7-day long events for new chars, and they keep doing it (!!!!!). This really pisses my off, how somebody can be so stupid ( because they are stupid, they are killing their own game, there is no doubt about it ).
    "... why do 7 day events exist?"

To give players one more dead horse to beat? What would General Discussion be without repetitive threads like this one? Weather chat?

giphy.gif

Well someone would think that devs would have learnt the lesson by now, that nobody likes these events, but it seems they are so stupid they can learn something that simple. This is why people keeps repeating the same, so they finally learn that NOBODY LIKES THEM.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    I really don't understand how devs are so stupid, it has been repeated and repeated over and over again to not use 7-day long events for new chars, and they keep doing it (!!!!!). This really pisses my off, how somebody can be so stupid ( because they are stupid, they are killing their own game, there is no doubt about it ).
    ...? Well, I'll just quote from a thread from last month, Petition to stop 7-day PVEs for new releases:
    "Stop 7 day releases"?

The last 7-day release was Jean Grey, released on a 7-day run of .... The Hulk! ... 7/23-7/30.

Ever since Sam Wilson, they have been 4-day events, spanning a Thursday to Monday in my time zone.

The latest new release, Cho, was via a 21-day mini-Gauntlet.

See? They already stopped 7-day releases 4 months ago.

Next PVE up is a 7-day classic that everyone loves, for more covers of a recently-released character.

( icon_e_wink.gif )
    The next new character release, Nova, is the prize for the 4-day event The Hunt. What exactly are we complaining about?
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    ...? Well, I'll just quote from a thread from last month, Petition to stop 7-day PVEs for new releases:
    "Stop 7 day releases"?

The last 7-day release was Jean Grey, released on a 7-day run of .... The Hulk! ... 7/23-7/30.

Ever since Sam Wilson, they have been 4-day events, spanning a Thursday to Monday in my time zone.

The latest new release, Cho, was via a 21-day mini-Gauntlet.

See? They already stopped 7-day releases 4 months ago.

Next PVE up is a 7-day classic that everyone loves, for more covers of a recently-released character.

( icon_e_wink.gif )
    The next new character release, Nova, is the prize for the 4-day event The Hunt. What exactly are we complaining about?

Yes very good points. The OP is about the frustrations that the rewards don't really warrant the burnout of 7 day events not new characters as it does appear they stopped doing that a long while back.

Back to the OP I think we can all agree rewards in PVE and also PVP need increasing (Iso I'm looking at you). But 7 days really seem to suffer more than the shorter PVEs and PVPs