Best New Feature

Linkster79
Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Over the years there have been quite a few changes to our favourite match 3 game. Some good and some not so good but which single one do you feel has been the best for you and your gameplay style?

Of the top of my head there have been:

Choice of end times.
Alliances

Deadpools Daily Quest
5* tier
Shields
Vault tokens
Alliance events (Ultron and Galactus)
New character mini launch events (Ant Man, Totally Awesome Hulk)
Champions

If anyone can think of more I will add to the poll

*Edit* - Added shields and champions
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Umm, how about Champions?
  • Linkster79
    I am going for choice of end times. Before we could pick which one suited us best those of us outside of the Americas were generally given the pointy end of the stick and for me in particular versus events always ended at either 5am (way too early) or 5pm (was still at work).
  • Linkster79
    lukewin wrote:
    Umm, how about Champions?

Added champions and Shields. Can't believe I forgot shields.
  • DDQ, but for me DDQ4 in particular. In addition to catapulting my 4* transition, I also find the puzzle aspect to be very satisfying.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as I love my alliance, the game was nigh-unplayable for me before selectable end times, so that gets my vote. 5am release PvE final grinds were NOT fun.
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I think deadpools daily quests is the most useful feature they have added. It helped keep me playing, and now with champions I will play it still to keep getting more stuff. Without it I believe the game would have died off with the majority of their player base stuck in the 2-3* transition mess that existed before it was added.

Side note- the worst feature they have added to me is still team-ups. They are better now than at first, but I still would rather just have updated more balanced environmental tiles back instead.
  • without ddq I would have never returned to the game and just quit forever.
    without ddq.there was literally no way at all to progress in the game.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ all the way. This allowed the real progression in the game (well - for 3* transition). I wish the 4* DDQ was like that as well (we are close in number of 4* to 3* so it should be daily as well).

I was not playing the game before the Alliances so I take it for granted (and it is such an obvious one).

Choice of end times was a game changer in PvE. The grind to US clock was a killer. Next on the list would be Alliance events and finally mini launch events.

Championing is "mhew" for me. I like it but I had to fight the pressure of it. I have championed all 3* I had close to max or maxed (well 2 left but they will be championed in the next 48h). Now I am more relaxed and I am selling the covers I don't intend to champion in near future. Overall - I would prefer a better way of getting 4* covers and more iso rather than championing.

Bad updates for me: 5* (too soon, whaleable, too random, I am way behind and right now I am disappointed with the LT pulls if it's not 5* - every RNGesus decision to give me 4* cover is another step closer to me putting away the game for good).

Also Shields are bad (maybe the worst). If not for the Shields in the current form (or the old form, who cares) they would have to come up with more fair PvP system. Now they don't have to and it's not really enjoyable (but still better than 7 day grind for one LT).
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Probably gonna get downvoted for this...oh wait, there's no more downvote!

True Healing. Because prologue healing is anything but fun.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I chose Champions because it is the new hotness and extends the end game very well (will be much better when the fix the boost/champ damage bug). Of course, Championing would be nowhere w/o DDQ. I would be no where near the amount of maxed 3* doods w/o DDQ.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chapions are my favorite, and also the bane of my game-play.. i went from leveling 4*s now that i have lots covered, to scrambling to max 3* and 2* characters who i rarely use (can't believe i am saying this, but im40 is next up to max, ugh) and 4*s are sitting idle at their current levels, unless i need to bump one for 4* ddq... i need iso so badly, but the completionist in me won't let me do anything until all of them are champs.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Anyone who says CHAMPIONS over DDQ is just.....

Lord.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do love champs and ddq. Although I have to say even though it's less sexy, the start times for events was extremely helpful. Finally, no longer needing to avoid sleeping every night for that final middle of the night grind, because I had no other choices!
  • Malcrof
    TLCstormz wrote:

Lord.

When you have all 3*s fully covered, DDQ is just for iso.. nothing else.. now that championing is here, it is for iso, and champ levels for more iso and prizes.. they sorta go hand in hand really, but Champ's give out CP, HP, LT's, Iso, etc..
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Lord.

When you have all 3*s fully covered, DDQ is just for iso.. nothing else.. now that championing is here, it is for iso, and champ levels for more iso and prizes.. they sorta go hand in hand really, but Champ's give out CP, HP, LT's, Iso, etc..
    imagine how much longer 3*s would have taken to get covered without ddq. would take forever. I voted ddq. and now, the iso is VERY important. and if you lump 4*ddq with it and the extra LTs, imagine taking ddq out and starting a new account over again - ugly ugly ugly.
  • Malcrof
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Lord.

imagine how much longer 3*s would have taken to get covered without ddq. would take forever. I voted ddq. and now, the iso is VERY important. and if you lump 4*ddq with it and the extra LTs, imagine taking ddq out and starting a new account over again - ugly ugly ugly.

Well, the thread is Titled "New Feature" ddq is far from new, CP is new, no covers with HP is new, Champs are new, character mini launch events are new, 5*s new, 4* DDQ is nw, wouldn't count ultron as new anymore.. rest are just old.... very confusing poll to begin with.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the intent was "best change in the game". and he went way back (further than ddq) with shields and slices too. I agree that they aren't 'new', but that's my interpretation of what he meant.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Lord.

TxMoose wrote:
    I think the intent was "best change in the game". and he went way back (further than ddq) with shields and slices too. I agree that they aren't 'new', but that's my interpretation of what he meant.

Yeah, I was gonna ask how far back 'new' meant because this game launched without a reward cache. So good luck trying to champ if you could only do it as soon as you got a new cover. Point is, it's not that easy to single out a best new feature, because they tend to rely upon previous updates.
  • Linkster79
    hurcules wrote:

I left out True Healing for 2 reasons.
    1. By and large it was and still is seen as a negative change and a way to try and force the sale of health packs.
    2. I was hoping to make the poll positive and not to be pulling at scabs that are still true healing.

@Malcrof, if it wasn't for Deadpool Daily Quest how far along that 4* transition do you imagine you would be. DPD isn't just about the cover from TBE mode but all those tokens and iso too and they all combined to deliciously really speed up certain aspects of the 3* game. If it wasn't for the fact that event end times really were unsatisfactory I would have picked DPD in a heartbeat.
  • Malcrof
    Linkster79 wrote:
    hurcules wrote:

I left out True Healing for 2 reasons.
    1. By and large it was and still is seen as a negative change and a way to try and force the sale of health packs.
    2. I was hoping to make the poll positive and not to be pulling at scabs that are still true healing.

@Malcrof, if it wasn't for Deadpool Daily Quest how far along that 4* transition do you imagine you would be. DPD isn't just about the cover from TBE mode but all those tokens and iso too and they all combined to deliciously really speed up certain aspects of the 3* game. If it wasn't for the fact that event end times really were unsatisfactory I would have picked DPD in a heartbeat.

4* transition was crawling (didn't learn how to properly pvp until the 1300 cover reward was gone) so, Legendary Tokens (missing from list?) Over 150 so far, has accelerated my 4* transition to light speed, DDQ has has very very little to do with 4* transitioning.. i have maybe pulled 2 4*s ever from the ddq vault, and 1 LT.