Best 2 star?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that champion has made 2 stars temporarily viable in 3 star play (Should last about a month or so). Which 2 star do you find to be the best overall?

Since Storm could possibly survive more than 10 rounds at a higher level, I'd say her for my opinion.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hawkeye is getting my vote.. championing forced me to max him, had never used him or considered him before.. now he is lvl 122, and i have been pairing him with SW in PVE.. using him over 4*s is odd.. but one speed shot, can end a trivial node completely. Add in a stun, and an aoe'ish.. Hawkeye, SW, Hood = fun!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm well out of my 2* transition, so I forgot just how ridiculous OBW is. I used her again recently in the heroic Jugs PvE and wow. Her purple and blue are of course crazy. Her black is nuts as well with some strike tiles out.

Storm is quite good with her blue attack being as good as a lot of 3* moves, but OBW wins in a landslide.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Obw espionage + high end strike tiles = insane match damage. With the bonus of AP theft/control and decent team healing, she gains the most from championing.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was a close call but went with Ares in the end, because of his sheer killing power for (relatively) little AP. But I'd probably put him in the same tier as OBW and Storm.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toss up between OBW and Ares, who do two very different things and are both really efficient at it. I chose Ares just because damage trumps all.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went with OBW. AP theft, countdown tile control and with some strike tiles she can sure deal damage with the bread and butter gem matches. Plus I have really good memories of using her with Thor and Wolverine to get more than a fair share of top 25 finishes in the rare versus events that didn't finish at 5am.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had to say Mags. Except for buff weeks and gimmick PvPs, Mags is the only one I actually still use (as an accelerator in PvE). And his TU is essential to bring along when using PX
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Magneto without question. Battery characters are useful at all tiers. You know, same reason why Scarlet Witch is so good hehehehehehehehe.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Ruinate wrote:
    Magneto without question. Battery characters are useful at all tiers. You know, same reason why Scarlet Witch is so good hehehehehehehehe.

144143a9ea1a4565bbfd5b8a0bf1066d.jpg
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    OBW, because I have a thing for fishnets and double-dipping match damage.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, Storm, OBW and Ares like everyone else! OBW is the most fun, because all of her attacks are very annoying to the enemies!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    89 roster slots and I still won't get rid of my OBW dupe. She's the best by far. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    It's so close between storm and obw, especially as you can respec storm real easy now. I'm surprised more people aren't voting for her. If I am having a bad time on a node she is still my go to gal.

I have beat gauntlet with cstorm/mnmags/hood. Hulk bombing with 5 yellow storm is pretty outrageous too. Hopefully I'm not alone in trying it. Her green is a great tool also.

Obw and blade I still use, she can lay some sick damage but her not tanking colours does limit her impact at 3* a little so I'd have to give the edge to storm overall.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boobstone.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    BabyMags if you're a 5, 4 or 3-4 player.

OBW/Storm if you're a 2, 2-3, or 3 player.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hawkeye is getting my vote.. championing forced me to max him, had never used him or considered him before.. now he is lvl 122, and i have been pairing him with SW in PVE.. using him over 4*s is odd.. but one speed shot, can end a trivial node completely. Add in a stun, and an aoe'ish.. Hawkeye, SW, Hood = fun!

Shame, you missed out on him pre-nerf. Dude was stupidly over powered. When boosted he did something like 4K to the enemy team with his red. His purple was useless, if I recall, though now it's pretty good.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Although OBW got my vote, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is one of the most fun teams I've found. It even fits thematically with the last Avengers movie.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Although OBW got my vote, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is one of the most fun teams I've found. It even fits thematically with the last Avengers movie.

Sounds like a carnival of cascades!
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    OBW.

And I'm going to champion all 4 of my OBW if and when I get the covers.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I was checking rosters in the recent punisher tournament, as you do, and the top dog had all his guys championed, including Pheonix, OML, Surfer (too much time and money) and then I went through to see his two star characters and this is what I saw:

Ares lvl 144 Health - 7992
    OBW lvl 144 Health - 4144
    Bullseye lvl 144 Health - 7245
    Captain Marvel lvl 144 Health - 9280
    Daken lvl 144 Health - 6512
    Hawkeye lvl 144 Health - 6586
    Human Torch lvl 144 Health - 6586
    Magneto lvl 144 - Health - 7548

MOONSTONE lvl 144 - HEALTH 10123 WHAT THE ****????????? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Steve Rogers - lvl 144 Health 9280
    Storm lvl 144 Health - 3552
    Thor lvl 144 Health - 7992 (same as Ares as expected)
    Wolverine lvl 144 Health - 6793

These are all the stats for maxed 2* characters, but how the heck does Moonstone end up with more HP than Ares and Thor???

And why do Captain A, and Captain M also have more health than the two heavy hitters pre championing???

So because I saw these stats I cast my vote for Moonstone, otherwise I'd have voted for Ares, then Thor then OBW followed by Storm.