PVP Point Updates / Removing CCs?

2»

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Malcrof wrote:
    Not always, when you frontrun, which i have done a few times, and no-one else is ahead of you to be q'd, or everyone else is shielded. you start to see 2* and low cover low level 3* teams, or people fielding the loaner + a couple 1 or 2 cover lvl 70 4*s, odd stuff like that, you can easily q 2 of those, field a 2* team, beat one, then back to the A team to beat the other.. sure they will only be worth 5 points each... and before people get upset about that poor new guy who just got hammered.. the person used to bake off.. gets a 75 point retaliation against a 2* or 1* team!!! Usually you don't really play the match, a carnage or KK aoe team up and it's over.

I sold off a bunch of my '****' 3*s that were in the level 110 to 135 range (ISO for champions, ldo). Turns out I should have checked the PvP schedule, because I came into this event with a level 40 single green cover Punisher.

I actually sold the single cover, because there's nothing more annoying than having the game keep putting your 1 cover injured Punisher in when there's a perfectly good three cover loaner.

Now I feel like all of my teams are cupcakes.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    I sold off a bunch of my '****' 3*s that were in the level 110 to 135 range (ISO for champions, ldo). Turns out I should have checked the PvP schedule, because I came into this event with a level 40 single green cover Punisher.
    If you look at his lv290 stats, you're not missing a whole lot...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    True.

I mean I kept him below level 130 all this time for a reason. He's only ever made my team when he was forced on me.

I also sold off IM40 and Psylocke. I don't want to hear arguments for how they have their uses, I made my decision. icon_e_smile.gif

I still have 28 3*s (31 if you include the level 40 IM40 and Psylocke, 32 when I get Punisher back at 800 in PvP). 27 of the 28 are level 130 or better, 12 are over 166.

Sentry will probably be the next one sold, just waiting on the end of his PvE event. I never found a use for him post nerf and he's useless in the 4-5* transition. I'll save a cover or two from his PvE event and just roster him as the bare minimum for MC events.

95% of the current 3*s are unusable in 4* game following the R91 nerf. Unusable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-a64OwOYqU

Unless something is done in R94 to actually make boosted 3*s competitive again, there doesn't seem to be much value in them as a class.

I'm going to stop now as I feel I've gone way off topic.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    madok wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    What I'm really curious about ccs is how the first one is created? I know all the subsequent ones bake using the previous ones, but how does the first person defeat the 290/350/270 teams that are common above 700 points with a cupcake team?

From what I understand, they keep one of the seed teams on one of their nodes which makes it easy to beat with a cupcake team.

Not always, when you frontrun, which i have done a few times, and no-one else is ahead of you to be q'd, or everyone else is shielded. you start to see 2* and low cover low level 3* teams, or people fielding the loaner + a couple 1 or 2 cover lvl 70 4*s, odd stuff like that, you can easily q 2 of those, field a 2* team, beat one, then back to the A team to beat the other.. sure they will only be worth 5 points each... and before people get upset about that poor new guy who just got hammered.. the person used to bake off.. gets a 75 point retaliation against a 2* or 1* team!!! Usually you don't really play the match, a carnage or KK aoe team up and it's over.
    I love the competition that often goes on for easiest CC. I had my best last event thanks to a Carnage TU, I boosted TU AP and after 1 match had enough to win with a level 1 Juggs, level 15 moonstone, and loaner.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

Okay this thread is going on all over the place, but that's fine, I guess.

I will agree that boosted championed punisher is still hella weak. His green at 5 covers gives you three strike tiles that add what, 500 more damage to your attack? That's nothing against a character with 10,000 to 20,000+ hit points. Plus it general destroys all your previous strike tiles.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

Okay this thread is going on all over the place, but that's fine, I guess.

I will agree that boosted championed punisher is still hella weak. His green at 5 covers gives you three strike tiles that add what, 500 more damage to your attack? That's nothing against a character with 10,000 to 20,000+ hit points. Plus it general destroys all your previous strike tiles.

Yep, pun pun is no longer all that fun fun. However, the boost champ power nerfs can't touch his red since it's still percentage based on the kill shot icon_e_smile.gif.

So there is that...and pun pun was my very first max leveled 141 3*. I still use him a bunch.
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Buret0 wrote:
    madsalad wrote:
    (out of courtesty)
    Please stop saying this. They should wait because it is in everyone's best interest to wait - not because it's the nice thing to do.

If they aren't in the forums, they probably don't know. Alternatively, they don't care. Some people just want to watch the world burn. Some people don't care about progression, they are just trying to get their ISO fix because of champions.

It is in everyone's best interest to let the points flow, but for the 90% of people who play and never visit the forums, they probably have no idea about etiquette or how shielded cupcakes are good for the slice. Or what a slice is. icon_e_smile.gif

i know perfectly well what i'm doing when i snipe cc teams, please.