PVP Point Updates / Removing CCs?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I was setting up my shield hop last night. I had one person for around 56 points and a CC for 69 points. I went to Line to shield check. When I went back to the game, the game had restarted. Now the first person was valued at 61 points, and the second person was the A Team (no longer the CC) at 73 points.

So now if the game restarts, does it go back to the server and pull the latest points, as well as the latest defensive team? Is this an attempt to bust CCs? Has it always been like this and I never noticed? Or was it never like this, and I'm just going crazy?

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Very interesting situation. Is is a "fluke" that your game crashed/reset? Or did game devs do something underhanded? Well, I think if your situation is an isolated situation (i.e. no one else experiencing it), then it's probably just an unfortunate accident.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    **** luck that it was a cc that got reset, but yeah, occasionally when they soft patch your targets get changed/updated.
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    What is a CC?
  • OnyxSnake wrote:
    What is a CC?
    A CC is a cupcake team. People will climb to high points with a strong team (maxed 4*s or 5*s) and then before they shield they win a match with a very weak team (a cupcake team) consisting of 2* or even 1* characters. Then they let it sit there for just a few minutes, and shield.

What this does is generate more total points in the slice by allowing more people to defeat a high value target who loses no points because they are shielded. Typically people will reciprocate by using that CC to bake their own CC and everyone wins. It allows people with weaker rosters to still hit higher progressions without needing to spend nearly as much on shields.

So if you have over 700 points and see a weak team worth 50+ points, check the roster. If they have several stronger characters that they aren't using - that's a CC, wait a good 10 minutes before you attack it - the points will still be there, I promise.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    OnyxSnake wrote:
    What is a CC?
    A CC is a cupcake team. People will climb to high points with a strong team (maxed 4*s or 5*s) and then before they shield they win a match with a very weak team (a cupcake team) consisting of 2* or even 1* characters. Then they let it sit there for just a few minutes, and shield.

Sorta wrong.. anyone can cc, lots of 3* players do it as well. Also, you don't win the match then sit for a while and shield.. that is inviting snipes and trouble, plus, when you un #, your visible team is the last you used, so it would be your 2* team.. best to do it as the 2nd fight in a 3 fight hop, after the 2* win, finish the 3rd with your A team as fast as you can and then #. This way, when you un# you can hop safely.
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Thanks for that.
    Ive been noticing teams like this lately and now i understand why.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    OnyxSnake wrote:
    What is a CC?

Sorta wrong.. anyone can cc, lots of 3* players do it as well. Also, you don't win the match then sit for a while and shield.. that is inviting snipes and trouble, plus, when you un #, your visible team is the last you used, so it would be your 2* team.. best to do it as the 2nd fight in a 3 fight hop, after the 2* win, finish the 3rd with your A team as fast as you can and then #. This way, when you un# you can hop safely.

And you better pray to RNGesus that you finish that 3rd game fast enough to shield prior to the CC team getting trounced by noobs who don't know to wait 10 minutes (out of courtesty) prior to taking down a CC.
  • madsalad wrote:
    (out of courtesty)
    Please stop saying this. They should wait because it is in everyone's best interest to wait - not because it's the nice thing to do.
  • madsalad
    madsalad wrote:
    (out of courtesty)
    Please stop saying this. They should wait because it is in everyone's best interest to wait - not because it's the nice thing to do.

Yes, as a courtesy to other players, you are not hitting a team as soon as you get it, thereby screwing everyone else, and the system, and yourself in the long run.

Semantics.
  • Or, since this whole concept is entirely devised by a section of the playerbase communicating outside of the game, they should not feel bad at all for playing the game. Just because they don't play it your way doesn't mean you get any sympathy for crying about it.
  • madsalad
    Or, since this whole concept is entirely devised by a section of the playerbase communicating outside of the game, they should not feel bad at all for playing the game. Just because they don't play it your way doesn't mean you get any sympathy for crying about it.

Right, not everyone is on the forums, etc... If you're doing it to be nice, that's cool, but you better be quick about that 3rd game.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if it's intentional, but I have noticed that my game restarts a lot more often than usual. It makes doubling people even harder if you don't hit them right away.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    madsalad wrote:
    (out of courtesty)

If they aren't in the forums, they probably don't know. Alternatively, they don't care. Some people just want to watch the world burn. Some people don't care about progression, they are just trying to get their ISO fix because of champions.

It is in everyone's best interest to let the points flow, but for the 90% of people who play and never visit the forums, they probably have no idea about etiquette or how shielded cupcakes are good for the slice. Or what a slice is. icon_e_smile.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we please bring this thread back on topic and not turn it into another MPQ PVP Ethics conversation? Everyone plays their own way. There are good arguments for all styles of play. Let's stop beating this dead horse.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Can we please bring this thread back on topic and not turn it into another MPQ PVP Ethics conversation? Everyone plays their own way. There are good arguments for all styles of play. Let's stop beating this dead horse.

MPQ has taught us that beating a dead horse is worth 20 ISO.
  • Prior to a couple events ago i'd never missed a called out cc before. You usually get about two minutes to cycle through nodes which is plenty of time to skip dozens of times if need be.
    Then two events ago I started missing ccs frequently and could rarely get them to cue.
    Last event I could not cue a single cc and was roughly 0/30 and 4k iso in the hole.
    I've heard of at least 6 others experiencing this same phenomena and this topic pretty much confirms it to me, they changed something.
  • Malcrof
    No out of game communication is necessary, just use the same slice for a while, and learn who the top scorers/alliances are, then when you see them out, skip a bit, and you can find them.

I have had the game kick me a few times lately, and when skipping, the game will sometimes pop me out to the events screen.. it started with r92, hopefully something fixed soon.

So, when i find a Q i want to keep when skipping around, i immediately check the leaderboards, this forces a server sync, and even if it kicks me, the q always stays. Hope that little tip helps!

If you find an exceptionally awesome one, or now have one on all 3 nodes and are shielded, check leaderboards an go do a prologue node to double force sync and save!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I'm really curious about ccs is how the first one is created? I know all the subsequent ones bake using the previous ones, but how does the first person defeat the 290/350/270 teams that are common above 700 points with a cupcake team?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    What I'm really curious about ccs is how the first one is created? I know all the subsequent ones bake using the previous ones, but how does the first person defeat the 290/350/270 teams that are common above 700 points with a cupcake team?

From what I understand, they keep one of the seed teams on one of their nodes which makes it easy to beat with a cupcake team.
  • Malcrof
    madok wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

From what I understand, they keep one of the seed teams on one of their nodes which makes it easy to beat with a cupcake team.

Not always, when you frontrun, which i have done a few times, and no-one else is ahead of you to be q'd, or everyone else is shielded. you start to see 2* and low cover low level 3* teams, or people fielding the loaner + a couple 1 or 2 cover lvl 70 4*s, odd stuff like that, you can easily q 2 of those, field a 2* team, beat one, then back to the A team to beat the other.. sure they will only be worth 5 points each... and before people get upset about that poor new guy who just got hammered.. the person used to bake off.. gets a 75 point retaliation against a 2* or 1* team!!! Usually you don't really play the match, a carnage or KK aoe team up and it's over.