When are you going to Use 5 Star Players?

2»

Comments

• Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    In this PVE, my lev270 3/1/1 Phoenix has been fun to use with R&G and Cyclops on any non-essential nodes. She tanks red to prep for Cyc, and she and R&G periodically self-heal.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I used my 1/2/1 lvl 285 OML with 4Clops and JG in SHIELD Sim all the way to 2000 barely using any health packs. Not getting many defensive wins, but my goal was to get purpleflag.png Miles and I achieved it easily. I just avoided AOE rosters. Haha.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 270 1/0/3 OML starting getting some use when I picked up the black cover. I use him in Shield Sim and PVE at the minute paired with KK to offset the damage he does to himself, with a yellow cover he will definitely be used in PVP since he is damage machine when transformed.

My 0/0/2 surfer only sees field time as a silver punch bag and my phoenix with 1 purple really doesn't have much use at all.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    well, my 5* LT streak is somewhere in the neighborhood of 0/80, so i'll start using them when i actually draw one.
  • I have a 111 OML. I'll put ISO into him when he's got 6 or so.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I have a 1/1/1 OML @ 271 and use him mostly for easy nodes in LR and elsewhere because of his quick match damage.

However, he seems to be useful already matched up with Carnage since he can absorb and heal from the enemy attack tiles Carnage lays down.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I'm currently in the last days of my 3* era. I would be surprised if I ever actually use a 5* character, it seems more likely I will have left the game before it is even a possibility. Should I ever get a useable 5*, it will probably mean 5* have been greatly accelerated and 7* Is the new top player level.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:
    My OML is 2/3/1 level 300 and I use him all of the time. I use him in the shield sim with JG and 4Thor. His black is amazing with Jean's AoE attacks. I use him with my 2/2/2 level 300 Surfer and Fist on easy nodes and seed teams. Heck, they can even beat hard nodes most of the time. He's just that good.

Surfer isn't all that good outside of his match damage. His red doesn't even do 2k and his black is pretty useless. He'll be better with more covers, but I couldn't see using him seriously without 8 covers or so.

My Surfer has 7 covers (2/4/1) and is very usable, but only became so by dumping a **** ton of ISO into him to level him. The number of covers really don't add much to 5*s, (though of course you want each color covered)

For LR's I use my SS, OML (0/3/1) and Phoenix (2/1/1) and burn through the seeds for as long as I can. The high match damage makes it go very quickly.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe by the end of the year. my ss already has 8 covers, but need to fill in my 4* ranks before I level him. if I added a yellow to my oml (2/-/2) I might take him up to 330 and use him, but in the meantime I've maxed all my 3* that I 'need' to. now working on a few top tier 4*s that I 'need' to, then i'll re-evaluate things with the 'want' characters vs. 5*. or, if I had about 3 mil iso for the rest of my roster, I could start leveling them now.