Is championing the 4* buff we were told? Dev response plz!!

2»

Comments

• Hmmmmm, if they nerfed 1* Venom so he couldn't be used against 5*s, how long until the Whales damage is reduced also...

Use them while you can! Stealth-nerf incoming!!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    VA5 wrote:
    "I doubt anyone is getting 13 PLUS ONE-HUNDRED 4* covers of a specific character to get them to 370 before they get thirteen 5* covers of one character....and it seems that one thirteen-cover 5* would destroy any 370 4*'s. "

I've seen several players with fully championed 4's, unfortunately they are the whales buying tons of 40 packs and have championed #5's already.

Have decided next time I get hit in PVP by 5 roster to lay down a DP Whales, Whales, Whales in retaliation. icon_e_biggrin.gif

On another note the championing does take some sting out of pulling maxed out 4 covers. It may not be much but it is much better than the 1000 ISO token we used to receive

If you can last long enough against the 3K match damage

Seriously though, would love a dev response, yes or no if championing is the boost
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Seriously though, would love a dev response, yes or no if championing is the boost
    Someone ought to make a separate thread of all the things we'd love a dev response on...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Someone ought to make a separate thread of all the things we'd love a dev response on...

I think the best we can do is assume this is in fact the buff they were talking about. If they give us some feedback or we see RXX with changes for the 4s? Great, but I am not too confident seeing how communication has worsened in the last months icon_e_sad.gif

PS: And in fact as I said, some 4s are even better than some of the 5s at 370 level, so I don't really think they are going to buff 4s more (a part that, this extra buff would move 4s even farther away from 3s, and they are quite far now after champion changes).
  • simonsez
    Polares wrote:
    I think the best we can do is assume this is in fact the buff they were talking about.
    I agree.

I also assume championing was the "your covers won't go to waste anymore" idea.
    I also assume they don't mind that customer services is handling dupe requests in a manner that seems random and arbitrary.
    I also assume they don't give a **** that I get 20 ISO 7 times in a row trying to get 1 damn CP.
    I also assume they have no idea how to fix the "strongest color" bug, and that these abilities are permanently tinkykitty'd.
    I also assume they have no plans to increase ISO flow.

But damn it, I shouldn't have to do this much damn assuming!!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I think the best we can do is assume this is in fact the buff they were talking about. If they give us some feedback or we see RXX with changes for the 4s? Great, but I am not too confident seeing how communication has worsened in the last months icon_e_sad.gif

PS: And in fact as I said, some 4s are even better than some of the 5s at 370 level, so I don't really think they are going to buff 4s more (a part that, this extra buff would move 4s even farther away from 3s, and they are quite far now after champion changes).

That is a pretty naff way to make 4* semi competitive with the 5* tier. Yes the powers that can be fired off may be fairly impressive after you have managed to get 113 covers but what about the bread and butter match 3 damage and health pools? Not much good trying to take down a team of maxed championed 5* when your characters are almost down before you can get the powers flying.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    I think the best we can do is assume this is in fact the buff they were talking about.
    I agree.

I also assume championing was the "your covers won't go to waste anymore" idea.
    I also assume they don't mind that customer services is handling dupe requests in a manner that seems random and arbitrary.
    I also assume they don't give a tinykitty that I get 20 ISO 7 times in a row trying to get 1 damn CP.
    I also assume they have no idea how to fix the "strongest color" bug, and that these abilities are permanently tinkykitty'd.
    I also assume they have no plans to increase ISO flow.

But damn it, I shouldn't have to do this much damn assuming!!

I agree with the above, but they have fixed the strongest color bug. If you do surgical strike, you can find out what color tiles will be hit if you read the description of the power. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed, but at least they did get to this so....YAY!!!
  • simonsez
    grunth13 wrote:
    I agree with the above, but they have fixed the strongest color bug.
    It's NOT fixed! Not by a longshot. People were having cyke's yellow return yellow in the KK PvP for no apparent reason.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:
    I agree with the above, but they have fixed the strongest color bug.
    It's NOT fixed! Not by a longshot. People were having cyke's yellow return yellow in the KK PvP for no apparent reason.
    I assumed it was because KK's yellow was the strongest colour overall? Didn't look at the numbers but it seemed reasonable with her buff.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    4 star buffs would be welcome if the 1k pvp reward was dropped to 800.

3 star players trying to transition, who were driven an even DEEPER wedge between making it into 4 star with the removal of gold purchasing of covers, are struggling with 4 and 5 star teams trying to hit 1k. Those last 2 hundred points is really tough with 3 stars, particularly in their current weakened champion state.

Buff jeanbuster even more, and we won't EVER be able to get 4 star covers.

A better idea might be to just get to the real issue... 5 stars are too OP.
  • simonsez
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I assumed it was because KK's yellow was the strongest colour overall? Didn't look at the numbers but it seemed reasonable with her buff.
    For me, it wasn't. Not even close. I mean come on, you don't think I would've checked that? And it did return red most of the time. But once in a while, you'd get yellow.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Don't we want the whales and megas to STOP spending so much money?

I mean.....the more they spend, the more the companies will say, "HurrDurr, why do we need to fix anything? Or make sound, well thought out decisions? Or update the old characters? Or get some game testers or educated customer service reps? Everyone is clearly happy, LOOK HOW MUCH MONIES WE R MAKING!!!"

:+/